In the words of Pernell Karl: "One Game At A Time"

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
2 of our next 3 games are at home.

We win the next one, it's 3-2. We just need to steal one more win on the road to have a chance to play for the Cup.

This team has shown resiliency, character, and battle through a ton of adversity this year. Dustin has given us hope and a chance to win.

The Rangers are a beatable team if we play our game. We've been down this path before, being down 3-1, and we can do it again. Heck, NY did it against Pittsburgh before playing us.

They can write us off, they can mock us, they can marvel in our suffering. But we won't back down, and we shouldn't.

In the words of PK Subban: One game at a time.

https://twitter.com/PKSubban1/status/470786211163172864

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
With the way the Habs play I just don't see them winning 3 games in a row.

Rangers defence is waaaay too effective.

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
I would have faith if the offense were getting chances, or if the key players were buzzing. You look how poorly Vanek, Eller etc have played, how little scoring chances the players are creating.. I have no faith.

I'm happy with the year they had, but you can't continue with this inept offense. It looks like Vanek's terrible 'care less' attitude is trickling down the bench, nobody is even acknowledging him any more.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
With the way the Habs play I just don't see them winning 3 games in a row.

Rangers defence is waaaay too effective.

I didn't think we'd be able to win 2 games in a row vs. Boston, including a game 7 in their building, but here we are.

dreamingofdrouin*

I'm not throwing in the towel.....I can't see us losing like this....i can't....i won't.....we've had our backs to the wall before....we're not going this way....2 out of 3 at home against a team we know we can beat if we play the way we can play. we can do this....game 5...just game 5...thats it just think about that....nothing more.....lets do this.....just gonna make the story that much greater at the end of the year when we win it all.

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
I didn't think we'd be able to win 2 games in a row vs. Boston, including a game 7 in their building, but here we are.

Was actually more scared being down 3-2 to the Bruins than I am right now. Maybe im just being blind, but I can see the Habs coming back. Tokarski proved he can steal games, it's just up to the players in front of him. You can think what you want, but the group of players we have with the exception of a few floaters showed character and determination. There's a reason why Habs are among the 4 teams still standing, I have faith in them. Habs in 7 yo.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Any chance for a comeback relies on the offense waking up. It's a long list of guys who are simply not doing enough out there and not producing.

Honestly, it's a small miracle this team made it this far with such terrible production from it's top players.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
I still have hope but not as much as in the Bruins series. The problem is that we've been outcoached and Therrien has failed to adapt. That doesn't bode well for 3 straight victories.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
When the season was on the line vs the Bruins, Pacioretty rose to the occasion. Hopefully he does it again and some of his invisible teammates too.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
We've been down this path before, being down 3-1, and we can do it again. Heck, NY did it against Pittsburgh before playing us.

https://twitter.com/PKSubban1/status/470786211163172864

I must have missed that series. When did it happen? Before Tampa Bay, or before Boston. Or was it just before this series?

If you're referring to something that happened years ago, I hope you realize this is not the same team as that one. There are what 4 or 5 left overs from that team?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Offense has got to wake up. Pleks has to get one of those random goals. Gionta has to not soil his britches every time he winds up for a shot.

We *can* do it, for sure we can. Boston was a tougher test.

If the Habs lose, then so be it - but then Bergevin's gotta take long look at moving a few of Desharnais, Plekanec, Gionta, Briere and Moen.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
We have no offense.whens the last time our forwards scored a couple of normal goals?

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I must have missed that series. When did it happen? Before Tampa Bay, or before Boston. Or was it just before this series?

If you're referring to something that happened years ago, I hope you realize this is not the same team as that one. There are what 4 or 5 left overs from that team?

7 to be exact.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Is Therrien still our coach?
Gionta still our captain?

If the answer to any of these questions are yes, I have no hope.

Nynja*

I would have faith if the offense were getting chances, or if the key players were buzzing. You look how poorly Vanek, Eller etc have played, how little scoring chances the players are creating.. I have no faith.

Eller playing bad, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

He's playing bad minutes, sure, that makes sense.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
If we had Price, I'd say yeah. (We wouldn't be here if we did.)

this is NOT a knock on Tokarski - he's been unbelievable, but I think it's disingenuous to say that the rangers score the same number of goals on us. Believe it or not, they haven't been great and a lot of Toks' great saves have come because he is so small. Carey eats them all up.

Full blame is on the skaters. I'm JUST saying, down 3-1, with Price, I say yes, we come back. Now, we have to spot them at least 1-2 goals that Lundqvist/Price would stop (I say Price is better and would make the difference, lundy is a rebound king, not a king of anything else.)

Still have hope, but not faith.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad