In the words of Pernell Karl: "One Game At A Time"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
Guys, we are here on HF every game 1 of every season, talking about how habs should do this or that to be competitive in the playoffs. Guess what, here we are, in the ECF, against a team we can beat.

It's not time to stop believing.

Habs can do this. If you don't believe now, what's the point of being a fan. You gotta give some love to your team!

Sentinels

Apr 1, 2009
We can still do this, Rangers have been barely beating us even though we are playing horrible hockey. We just need to be more aware where Hagelin & Kreider are on the leak outs. Win next game at home which is very doable and Rangers are actually the ones that would be under pressure to win game 6 since they would not want to go to game 7 in Montreal with us having momentum.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Anyone who has stopped believing please don't show up for the GDT

I GOT NOWHERE ELSE TO GO!
1tGrPEr.gif

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
The last 3 games have all been close, we just need some guys to step it up and give us that extra boost to win us the game

habsfan29

Apr 2, 2013
was actually more scared being down 3-2 to the bruins than i am right now. Maybe im just being blind, but i can see the habs coming back. Tokarski proved he can steal games, it's just up to the players in front of him. You can think what you want, but the group of players we have with the exception of a few floaters showed character and determination. There's a reason why habs are among the 4 teams still standing, i have faith in them. Habs in 7 yo.

yayooooooooo

Saintpatrick*

I didn't think we'd be able to win 2 games in a row vs. Boston, including a game 7 in their building, but here we are.

This. Don't count out guys out just yet. I know the word is over used but this team does have a tonne of character.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Do we have an offence? Pk is talking outta his ass too.he knows its over.

Believing in yourself and taking it one game at a time = talking out your ass?

Pack it in, boys. No reason for hope.

The HELL do you want him to say? "Well Gionta sucks and our top six looks bad. We're done."

Christ...

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
Guys, we are here on HF every game 1 of every season, talking about how habs should do this or that to be competitive in the playoffs. Guess what, here we are, in the ECF, against a team we can beat.

Habs can do this. If you don't believe now, what's the point of being a fan. You gotta give some love to your team!

THIS!:yo::yo:
I BELIEVE!

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
We need one of those blow out games, like beating them 5-1 at home. We do that and not only do we bust their little bubble but prove that our offense can wake up. Its all going to come down to how they start that game, if they go out guns blazing, give Toks a bit of a break, get a few in we might be able to come back. They havent done that yet, so who knows maybe they're due. My heart believes, but baring a miracle I dont see it happening.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We need one of those blow out games, like beating them 5-1 at home. We do that and not only do we bust their little bubble but prove that our offense can wake up. Its all going to come down to how they start that game, if they go out guns blazing, give Toks a bit of a break, get a few in we might be able to come back. They havent done that yet, so who knows maybe they're due. My heart believes, but baring a miracle I dont see it happening.
Scoring early at home can be a huge lift...they are due for a good game, where the offense gets going. :nod:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I GOT NOWHERE ELSE TO GO!
1tGrPEr.gif

Made me laugh with this gif, but iy's the same kind of desperation/heart some of our players need to have for a comeback.

And, in all seriousness...that was a classic scene from Officer and a Gentleman...classic Richard Gere movie.

P.S.: forget about 3 in a row...all about Tuesday...and next 2 of 3 in Mtl (bonus).

Last edited:

DCarriere

Mar 15, 2014
Winnipeg, MB

This. Couldn't have said it any better myself.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
We're done. Simple as that. When the opponent simply outclasses us, we roll over and die. Just like against Ottawa and Philly. Next game, we get to watch MSL go all Mike Richards on us and stick the final dagger in our hearts.

We can't handle the Rangers' speed. Can't perform our breakout properly. Can't field working lines. Can't change strategies to something that could counteract the Rags' speed, such as trapping them. It's over.

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
If we had Price, I'd say yeah. (We wouldn't be here if we did.)

this is NOT a knock on Tokarski - he's been unbelievable, but I think it's disingenuous to say that the rangers score the same number of goals on us. Believe it or not, they haven't been great and a lot of Toks' great saves have come because he is so small. Carey eats them all up.

Full blame is on the skaters. I'm JUST saying, down 3-1, with Price, I say yes, we come back. Now, we have to spot them at least 1-2 goals that Lundqvist/Price would stop (I say Price is better and would make the difference, lundy is a rebound king, not a king of anything else.)

Still have hope, but not faith.

Tokarski has been great. Til this series we'd been scoring at least 3 goals most games. If we do that in games 2,3,4 we're at least tied at 2. Asking Tokarski to keep it under 2 is unrealistic.

The main difference, and it's been said everywhere, is that without Price handling the puck, we haven't been able to adjust to the forecheck.

Tokarski has nothing to do with the PP sucking. Score a couple PP goals and NYR is less liable to take the chances they are with clutching etc... The coaching staff had the last 4 months to come up with a PP solution. We have 2 of the best pmd's in the game and we can't somehow find a way to get them some space..... something is wrong there.

NYR has played and been coached better and their goalie is doing exactly what was expected this is why we're losing.

One shift at a time. If you win every shift, you will win the game.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Our fowards should take the initiative to score goals. Sounds stupid, but it's true. This is the game where every single one of our foward have to be dangerous.

Be sharp, please.
Be hungry, please.
Be fearless, please.
Be accurate, please.

Do not quit, please.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Tokarski has been great. Til this series we'd been scoring at least 3 goals most games. If we do that in games 2,3,4 we're at least tied at 2. Asking Tokarski to keep it under 2 is unrealistic.

The main difference, and it's been said everywhere, is that without Price handling the puck, we haven't been able to adjust to the forecheck.

Tokarski has nothing to do with the PP sucking. Score a couple PP goals and NYR is less liable to take the chances they are with clutching etc... The coaching staff had the last 4 months to come up with a PP solution. We have 2 of the best pmd's in the game and we can't somehow find a way to get them some space..... something is wrong there.

NYR has played and been coached better and their goalie is doing exactly what was expected this is why we're losing.

One shift at a time. If you win every shift, you will win the game.

Like I said, I don't expect more out of him, he's been godly, and I'm most pissed cuz the team should have won the last game for him.

Only saying that he is going to let in some goals and sometimes they're stoppable only by virtue of his size. He plays well over his stature most of the time. Price is just a wall, puck just hits him, so the slimmm margin that we have, cuz we can't score for **** (and I'm not giving much credit to lundqvist cuz he's been quite average), costs us. The winning goal -- he should never have been put in that situation and earlier ROBBBED st louis, but objectively I think Carey has that. Just saying, it's going to be very very tough to win each game when you look at the fact that we should have won the last game with 8PPs and only scored 2 goals (1 PP).

Still cheering. I just wish I had some hope from people like gionta, pleks, vanek and that bum pacioretty. THEY are the problem.

I think we win gm5.

dreamingofdrouin*

All we have to do...is utilize the crowd and come out like we're facing elimination...just like we did in game 6 vs boston.....losing 3 straight at the bell centre seems unlikely to me....i say we win....and if we win....well.....that changes everything now doesnt it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad