Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
What should we expect for an EJ extension?

He'll be 27 when his contract ends. For me if it's short term 3-4 years I expect 6-7 mil range but if they give him 7-8 years it could be a lot cheaper in terms of cap hit

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008

He'll be 27 when his contract ends. For me if it's short term 3-4 years I expect 6-7 mil range but if they give him 7-8 years it could be a lot cheaper in terms of cap hit

I think EJ will end up with a caphit slightly north of $6m and for about 5 to 7 years.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd be ecstatic with a 7 year 42 million dollar extension, especially if he signed it this summer. EJ seems like a guy who would take a contract like that too, tying Duchene as the highest paid on the team. He doesn't give off a vibe that he'll be a cash cow looking for as much money as possible and willing to hit UFA. He likes it here, and that's a big + for us

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This is going to be EJ's first and possibly only big contract of his career. I'm not expecting a discount and don't blame him one bit if he wants more than the current "structure". I think he'll be worth whatever they decide to give him.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I'd be ecstatic with a 7 year 42 million dollar extension, especially if he signed it this summer. EJ seems like a guy who would take a contract like that too, tying Duchene as the highest paid on the team. He doesn't give off a vibe that he'll be a cash cow looking for as much money as possible and willing to hit UFA. He likes it here, and that's a big + for us

That's my vibe as well. I think he likes Colorado and in Colorado he was able to take his game to next level. He's been amazing for us.

EJ is probably the most important player after Varly for this team, because our defense core is so ******. Varly is the most important part, then EJ and then MacK/Duchene/Landy.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He's going to want at least Phaneuf money which is 7 x 7.

I don't think he will. Toronto had to give that to Phaneuf or else he would walk, simple as that. EJ's personality seems different. He seems to actually enjoy playing for the Avalanche, unlike Phaneuf who probably loathes playing in Toronto but does it because he's getting paid an insane amount of money long-term.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

I'm thinking 6x6.

So, at hat point does everyone start freaking out if a EJ isn't signed yet?

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'm thinking 6x6.

I can't see him settling for 6 unless he wants to take a huge discount. He's the number 1 D by a mile and he knows it, the team needs him badly and will pay. ROR is making 6 this year and EJ is more important to the team.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm thinking 6x6.

When the season starts.

An aside, they have to figure out someone for Duchene to play with long term. Some of his issues this year are on him but getting the rotating door of wingers doesn't help either. He does ok with Iggy but it's not ideal nor going to last forever.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
When the season starts.

An aside, they have to figure out someone for Duchene to play with long term. Some of his issues this year are on him but getting the rotating door of wingers doesn't help either. He does ok with Iggy but it's not ideal nor going to last forever.

I think bleackley will be perfect for Duchene. Great shot, likes to shoot and plays a great 2-way game

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
When the season starts.

I'd love to see Hishon tried with him. In the years of watching Duchene play, he tends to play his best when there is someone with him that can handle the puck well, and when the 3rd guy is getting into open areas and/or crashing the net. I think Hishon fits the bill in terms of his puck ability. I'm not sure how he would transition from C to LW, though. It's not as easy as some people make it out to be. I played centre my whole life and when I was asked to play the wing, my game dropped. It's unnatural. But I do hope Joey can prove a lot of people wrong and stick with this team in a positive way.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I can't see him settling for 6 unless he wants to take a huge discount. He's the number 1 D by a mile and he knows it, the team needs him badly and will pay. ROR is making 6 this year and EJ is more important to the team.

EJs a good loyal trooper. I bet you he takes 6 per as a team friendly deal.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I might be the minority on this one but I pray the Avs stay as far away from him as possible, if he's available to us as a pick. Don't like his game at all

Why? He isn't perfect, but he has some great attributes. Attributes that should compliment Duchene quite well.

iand22

Jun 6, 2014
I'd love to see Hishon tried with him. In the years of watching Duchene play, he tends to play his best when there is someone with him that can handle the puck well, and when the 3rd guy is getting into open areas and/or crashing the net. I think Hishon fits the bill in terms of his puck ability. I'm not sure how he would transition from C to LW, though. It's not as easy as some people make it out to be. I played centre my whole life and when I was asked to play the wing, my game dropped. It's unnatural. But I do hope Joey can prove a lot of people wrong and stick with this team in a positive way.

I'd love to see Hishon with Duchene as well. I'd think
Landy-ROR-Mack
Hish-Dutchy-Caron
Iginla-Mitchell-Tanguay

lines would be perfect. We already know the other 2 lines have a lot of chemistry let these guys try it out.

I wonder if this injury to EJ may be a blessing in disguise for us come contract extension time. Maybe we get 6-6.5/yr instead of 7-7.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad