Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Even if Staz had not played wing previously...look at ROR. Its working for him and I see no reason it couldn't work with Staz. Not only does he have good chemistry with our Captain but with Mackinnon as well. There is no reason to break the 3 of them up. Stastny and Landy provide good two way play to allow Mackinnon to take more chances. Shifting Staz to wing when Mackinnon is ready for the move to center should be no big deal at all. KEEP THAT LINE TOGETHER IMO.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Even if Staz had not played wing previously...look at ROR. Its working for him and I see no reason it couldn't work with Staz. Not only does he have good chemistry with our Captain but with Mackinnon as well. There is no reason to break the 3 of them up. Stastny and Landy provide good two way play to allow Mackinnon to take more chances. Shifting Staz to wing when Mackinnon is ready for the move to center should be no big deal at all. KEEP THAT LINE TOGETHER IMO.

Agree with you, don't see SOS having difficulties switching to wing if necessary.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
And the mods are protecting him :facepalm:

Anyone who's familiar with DoubleDion knows what his objective is.

That is the very sad part about it.
I am incredibly disappointed with the Moderators on there.
I know it is a hard job but some of those guys at the tradeboard are very biased themselves and simply do a rather pedestrian job.

I mean it is 100 % obvious what DD is doing. He is just trying to bait Avs fans who will get an infraction.
So let us delete posts from Avs fans (+ consequences) and have DD continue to troll...

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Most good centers can play wing. Stastny is strong along the boards and a decent enough skater. It's much harder for wingers to transition to center, since it requires a higher awareness and defensive responsibility.

Stastny, Duchene, MacKinnon and O'Reilly could all play wing. I realize that Duchene playing ten bad games on the wing after struggling for longer than that in the middle has convinced this board he couldn't play wing.

Going back and looking at past drafts there were tonnes of players drafted as centers that now play wing in the NHL.

Skinner, E.Kane, Kreider, O'Reilly, Eberle, Perron, Kessel were all drafted as centers.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Double Dion is a legend around these parts, wait until he starts quoting dr Phil.

Remember that 4-5 page thread we had going before the mods got online in Avs-land? It's a wonder he's not banned from everything Avalanche/Stastny related at this point. I wonder why he bothers.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I just don't see Staz transitioning that well to the wing. O'Reilly transitioned well because of how dogged he is in his puck pursuit, and how well he wins battles. Nate is the same way.

Staz doesn't really play that type of game. I think he'd approach the game from the wing the same way Tanguay or PAP does, and I think that's a much harder adjustment from center with all that space to work with, to the wing where you're more limited in the direction you can go with the puck. He's not as good of a pure puck handler as Tangs is either, so he'd have to skate a lot more.

AvInNebr

Jul 10, 2013
Nebraska
Mark Easson ‏@myNHLTradeRumor 2 min
Andrew MacDonald going to Flyers for a 2015 2nd and 2014 3rd according to @StapeNewsday

I saw that and wondered even with his struggles how many Avs fans would give him a shot on the second pairing with Barrie for a 2nd and a 3rd...

I'm not sure if I would or not but that's not a huge price to pay for a gamble that may or may not work out...

Definitely others out there worth looking at also but likely with higher price tags...

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Well, at least they still have Cory Schneider... :sarcasm: :laugh:

Great job, Gillis! (in trying to rival Mike Milbury)

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I get an error message every other refresh.

How early do I need my popcorn popped tomorrow morning? Will there be anyone left to trade?

So what, TT is done? Or traded? And Lack is carrying the torch for Vancouver now?

kesler, vanek... maybe gaborik and we'll see what happens with stastny.. and there are always surprises at TDL though this might have been the one, lol.

TT has been solid this season, just hasn't been able to stay healthy. maybe they get along there. luongo seems to have changed.

Läck is probably the guy in vancouver now. not sold on markström, he needs to prove it first.

i don't think gillis is bad GM but... i think he's time has come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad