Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Stastny insists he hasn't talked to his agent, that his agent knows what he wants. It sounds like Stastny wants to stay and from Roy's quotes he's not going to move him unless its a great deal. Haven't we been saying this for months?

Dater was just bringing it up so he could get hits. I said that when this first came out. By the comments Roy and Stastny both made, it sounded like they had an agreement, as well as ROR, that they would let this season play out and make decisions based off of it. The players wanted to make sure that the team was heading in the right direction.

I think that is why Stastny looked confused and annoyed when this initially started to come out.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
My best guess is that Stastny has told Keator that there is a minimum that he is willing to accept to stay, and that Keator is trying to maximize what Stastny is getting.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
What exactly is Greg Sherman's role at this point?

Business side. There is a ton of stuff that a GM has to take care of to make a hockey team run properly. Sakic and Roy won't know or have the time to tend to it. That is where Sherman comes in.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
"Everybody knows how the business works," Stastny said. "You can obviously go somewhere and get more money somewhere else. But if you have something good and you want to stick with it, that hometown discount is obviously something that everyone's aware of and is important to do. You want both sides to be happy. You don't want to (mistreat) the team and you want the team to be put in a good situation where they can kind of compete down the road as well."

Get him signed!

This to me screams no more than Dutchy's $6M. Especially the last part. I don't see him saying all of that, if they're asking for more money than the teams best player.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If they have an agreement to wait it out until after the season, I wonder why they've been negotiating and why Stastny's agent is expected to speak with the Avs later today. Would be kind of pointless, no?

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Cheerleader. Shermans got the greatest job of all time. Sit around playing candy crush while everyone works and collect a 6 figure income. I want my kids to grow up not to be lawyers or doctors. I want my kids to grow up to be Greg Sherman

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
If they have an agreement to wait it out until after the season, I wonder why they've been negotiating and why Stastny's agent is expected to speak with the Avs later today. Would be kind of pointless, no?

Maybe they didn't have a full season agreement? Maybe management asked them to reconsider?

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

In before "coffee".

The same as its always been...he was only GM in title.

He likely handles the cap and contract specific stuff...no decisions on player personnel, I think that much has been made pretty clear despite what a handful of people on here used to think.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
In before "coffee".

The same as its always been...he was only GM in title.

He had actual GM duties last year. Now Roy and Sakic are in complete control of trades.

As for Stastny. If he get's re-signed I think he gets the very same cap hit he currently has which imo is taking a hometown discount.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Adrian Dater ‏@adater 1m
Stastny agent and Avs expected to talk later today. Situation still fluid, anything might still happen

Since Staz is supposedly down with the hometown discount, I don't see why this deal isn't done yet. Let's get it done and settled... today.

member 116861

I wonder what exactly a hometown discount is for him. Either way, I'm really glad to hear this news.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
He had actual GM duties last year. Now Roy and Sakic are in complete control of trades.

As for Stastny. If he get's re-signed I think he gets the very same cap hit he currently has which imo is taking a hometown discount.

Uh-huh...

I don't believe for 1 second that Greg Sherman's orchestrated the EJ trade or any other player decision since he took over for Francois Giguere. There has always been someone overseeing those decisions, all the while, they were training Sakic with this position in mind.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
That isn't the worst case. That is the best case.

If he signs for $6m... that is the worst case. His play isn't going to drop off dramatically from where it is at. He is still youngish at 28... in 3 years he would only be 31. Meaning he has a lot of good years still left.

The best case is he continues to be a ~60 point shutdown center until he is in his mid 30s that is too important to the team to get rid of.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't recall Staz ever playing wing, even at DU. Maybe at Worlds, or elsewhere internationally??

DU and a bit his rookie season. It has been a while.

I never worry about a center switching to wing, most make the transition flawlessly and that transition is easier for centers with high hockey IQs... which Stastny has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad