Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm home watching hockey central at noon but I have to go back to work. They are going through a list of players and if they think they will be moved/where they will go. Hoping they bring up Stastny. If anybody is tuned in can you let us know if they bring him up and what they say?

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m

Florida closing in on a trade involving d-man Mike Weaver. Canadiens are among teams with interest in Weaver. Draft pick likely return.

Why would the Canadians want him unless they are trading another D guy.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Just throwing out an idea to differentiate the two trade threads we have going.

The deadline thread could be all about trades and roster moves. Avs or otherwise. It's not like anyone is going to be talking about trades that aren't deadline related.

Until the deadline chatter ends in a day or two, this thread can be temporarily just for UFA signings and long term plans for next year.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Sounds like we'll stand pat. Can't complain about that, really. Smart move probably.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Sounds like we'll stand pat. Can't complain about that, really. Smart move probably.

I don't think it is what Roy wants to do, but I think it is what he needs to do. Between team chemistry and the costs associated with trade deadline, it's probably not possible for us to acquire anyone impactful. Especially with Tanguay done and PAP likely being needed to keep our forward depth.

I wouldn't mind if he could move Mitchell or McLeod, Wilson or Benoit... exchange some depth with teams perhaps.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I am probably the only one, but I really wish they'd look at someone like Gaborik, or at least Kulemin. We're one more forward injury away from not even having a top 6, and a third line of 4th liners or 13th forwards.

In the plans for the future could mean someone we'd look to extend as well.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm surprised by the lack of talk concerning Malkin here.

He's a UFA and easily could have a few contenders look at him for a depth 3rd line centre role.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
"Ryan is with us and he's going to be with us," Sakic told ESPN.com Tuesday. "He's a great hockey player. We've agreed to work on a contract in the summer, both sides."

Not that it needed to be confirmed really, but it's still nice to hear it come from Joe.

The Stastny comments have me a little scared though. I really don't have a clue what is going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad