Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I wouldn't mind a Gardiner + Bolland package for Stastny, he fits a #3 centre role better and it'll actually make the team better.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The one trade I keep coming to in my head would be Stastny to Columbus for Erixon and a pick. I'm not overly thrilled by Erixon, but I think he would be appropriate value and available, and we know Columbus has scouted the Avs quite a bit this year.

I don't think Columbus are in any position to trade away young assets for rentals. Especially when they are on the outside looking in at the playoffs.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I don't think Columbus are in any position to trade away young assets for rentals. Especially when they are on the outside looking in at the playoffs.
They have plenty of young players in their system. They just had 3 first round picks last year. They're pretty loaded with young guys and I could see them wanting Stastny, for sure.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

They had 3 - 1st round picks last year, and have a lot of prospect depth. If they were confident in re-signing Stastny, I could see them at the very top of the list of suitors.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
If we moved Paulie I would want a legit, 100% no doubt core piece of our future coming back, not complementary parts like Erixon, Vatanen, Gardiner and late, late first round picks or later picks.

Hard to get for a rental I'm sure but I would be ok with it then. And who knows, maybe some of us are underestimating what he could return. After all, when you consider all things...age, experience, position, current form, all-around play, etc...Stastny may be the single most coveted player "potentially" available this week. I don't think that is a large stretch.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I wouldn't mind a Gardiner + Bolland package for Stastny, he fits a #3 centre role better and it'll actually make the team better.

This is the only package i've been thinking in my head that I would be okay with as a Staz lover. We come out with a huge win in this trade if we lock Bolland up too. The reason i would be ok with it is because I would know the only reason we traded Stastny was because management knew they wouldn't be able to sign him and we would end up losing him for nothing.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
They have plenty of young players in their system. They just had 3 first round picks last year. They're pretty loaded with young guys and I could see them wanting Stastny, for sure.

They had 3 - 1st round picks last year, and have a lot of prospect depth. If they were confident in re-signing Stastny, I could see them at the very top of the list of suitors.

They apparently are shopping Gaborik since they are worried of losing him. Why would they shop one pending UFA and then bring in another one in being confident they will re-sign him? If Colorado aren't confident they can re-sign him I don't think any team will be before making a trade.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
I hate to say it, but after 5 or so years of hearing crap rumors and proposals of Stastny going to Toronto, there isn't anything in the world that would make me want to trade him there.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
If we moved Paulie I would want a legit, 100% no doubt core piece of our future coming back, not complementary parts like Erixon, Vatanen, Gardiner and late, late first round picks or later picks.

Hard to get for a rental I'm sure but I would be ok with it then. And who knows, maybe some of us are underestimating what he could return. After all, when you consider all things...age, experience, position, current form, all-around play, etc...Stastny may be the single most coveted player "potentially" available this week. I don't think that is a large stretch.

Most teams wanting a rental are looking for that last push over the top. Very rarely do those teams give up core pieces to get a rental, and they wouldn't for a player of Stastny's caliber. This is the #1 reason I am against trading him... Stastny is going to be more valuable to the Avs than the player/s they receive in the deal. It is best to find a way to re-sign him.

They apparently are shopping Gaborik since they are worried of losing him. Why would they shop one pending UFA and then bring in another one in being confident they will re-sign him? If Colorado aren't confident they can re-sign him I don't think any team will be before making a trade.

Stastny seems like he would be easier to sign than Gaborik (easier to justify as well), and Columbus has the space to meet what would be Stastny's demands (both contract and roster position wise).

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I hate to say it, but after 5 or so years of hearing crap rumors and proposals of Stastny going to Toronto, there isn't anything in the world that would make me want to trade him there.

I feel much in the same way. I really wouldn't wan't Gardiner.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008

You're not going to get a core piece for a rental player. The best case scenario is a prospect with a very good chance of being a core piece sometime in the future.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
You're not going to get a core piece for a rental player. The best case scenario is a prospect with a very good chance of being a core piece sometime in the future.

Sure...I agree. I'm just saying I don't see that in any of the names bandied around. Erixon, Gardiner, Vatanen, et al...

Not saying anybody would be willing to give up more than that just that trading him for that kind of package isn't all that appealing unless there is a complete and total breakdown in on-going negotiations that we are not aware of.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Looked through Dater's chat last night, he said he can't get Stastny's agent to return his phone calls. I believe he's heard something but like I said before I'm not sure how much a leap he's making with the info he's been given. He keeps saying Stastny could be traded IF he's not signed OR they think they can sign him. So the deadline really isn't a firm deadline anyway. If they are currently negotiating doesn't that indicate interest from both sides?

Maybe I'm just horrified at the thought of trading Stastny. I agree with those that say I can't see the return being THAT great for him. I really think I'd rather let the season play out as is and if he walks then so be it. The group they have is operating as a whole greater than the parts, why mess it up. If they are going to win anything this year it will be because of that anyway, a trade isn't going to bring up the defensive talent level to compete with the contenders anyway.

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
I would not be happy with a Stastny deal that centered on Erixon. If we make a deal with CBJ, I'd like to get Mike Reilly as a sweetener.

member 116861

No thank you. Gardiner is an upgrade over Benoit and Holden but not enough of an upgrade to justify trading Stastny. He would be more of what we already have. Bolland wants a ridiculous deal so I doubt we sign him and I don't want to sign him to that deal as a #3 center. Bolland will end up walking so why not just keep Stastny? Best case scenario is that we sign Stastny and the worst case scenario is that he walks like Bolland would have.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
No thank you. Gardiner is an upgrade over Benoit and Holden but not enough of an upgrade to justify trading Stastny. He would be more of what we already have. Bolland wants a ridiculous deal so I doubt we sign him and I don't want to sign him to that deal as a #3 center. Bolland will end up walking so why not just keep Stastny? Best case scenario is that we sign Stastny and the worst case scenario is that he walks like Bolland would have.

I think his proposal (like all Avs fans) was in the event that we cant sign Stastny. Having Bolland walk but keeping Gardiner would be much better than Stastny walking and having nothing.

NWAvs

Jan 20, 2009
Seattle
I agree. Losing Stastny would suck(for nothing), but If we can send him to different division for nice defenseman or something, I wouldn't be that sad. I would be more sad losing him in summer to St.Louis for free. That would be terrible.

This is actually the worst case scenario by far. Of all teams for him to go to Stl would kill me

member 116861

I think his proposal (like all Avs fans) was in the event that we cant sign Stastny. Having Bolland walk but keeping Gardiner would be much better than Stastny walking and having nothing.

I think we could do better. The whole point of trading Stastny is so we don't lose him for nothing. It makes no sense to trade for Bolland who we could either sign to a dumb contract or lose him for nothing.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Why isn't McKenzie reporting any of this? I'm seeing tweets from him on the Callahan negotiations. Any insiders chiming in on this that are not just an obvious regurgitation of Dater's postings.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think we could do better. The whole point of trading Stastny is so we don't lose him for nothing. It makes no sense to trade for Bolland who we could either sign to a dumb contract or lose him for nothing.

I'd definitely want to do better, but if we're going to lose Stastny in July I would rather get the best possible deal for him. The problem is that that best possible deal isn't what Avs fans are expecting. Gaining Gardiner on this team would be awesome, add Bolland for the long stretch would be awesome for experience. He fits as a 3c perfectly and who knows maybe we end up re-signing him. If Paul Stastny isn't going to be here next year it would be a huge plus for our team to gain Gardiner and have Bolland for a few months with the first chance to sign him.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Why isn't McKenzie reporting any of this? I'm seeing tweets from him on the Callahan negotiations. Any insiders chiming in on this that are not just an obvious regurgitation of Dater's postings.
He talked about it on the radio the other day. Dater himself said he hopes to know more today or tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad