Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) L

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I really think St. Louis sees their best chance in such a long time to win a cup being this year that they will move for Miller soon. Buffalo will be collecting 1sts this season.

The Sabres are loading up really quickly. A few more top end forwards and some development and that team will be very scary moving forward. They've already got an awesome defensive core for the future and have a lot of good secondary forward talent, they just need a couple stars.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
It's not just Poile's fault, EJ was never given much consideration by the coaching staff either.

But I think Bylsma and Poile will not be brought back next year for the job. The fact Martin and Orpik were locks from day one is all I need to know about their stupidity.

i have no problem with martin being a lock. he's been very solid outside of that one year.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Calgary Flames ‏@NHLFlames 1m
The #Flames have assigned Shane O'Brien to the #AHLHeat.

Perfect example of a player type/person who shouldn't get a 3-year deal. He regressed big time. Lost motivation maybe?

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
imo you're underrating him badly.

and with bylsma being the coach, he knows very well what he has in him.

i'd have him as 3rd or 4th best dman on US. counting track record and this season.

Bylsma also knows very well what he has with Orpik...

Suter, McD and EJ I'd all have over Martin in terms of defensive play. Shattenkirk, Fowler, Carlson, Faulk, Yandle offensively.

He'd have been my 7th/8th defender, EJ making the roster over Orpik. I might have even taken Yandle over Martin so I had Yandle, Fowler for the left and Shattenkirk, Carlson/Faulk for the right on the PP. Of course Suter can play the left on the PP fine too.

AvsFanJosh

Aug 27, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
I'm pretty surprised that Joe hasn't made any moves this season to help out on D. But on the other hand I have a feeling that they maybe wanted to see how this season goes to really evaluate the entire team before making any changes.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
I would not be too surprised to watch avs do no or minor trades... Agree with above as we have good chance at playoffs as we stand. The only concern is re signing Staz IMO. That should not be too hard though.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Would any of you care to phone up Lou and ask about Jacob Josefson?

Just got the feeling Devils are trying to show him up for a possible trade. Been a scratch for a month and tonight suddenly matched with Jagr and Zajac.

He is a very smart player who could be a 3 C in the future but more likely a 4 C. Needs to move from New Jersey though. They brought him over too early and he hasn't gotten anywhere.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Calgary Flames ‏@NHLFlames 1m
The #Flames have assigned Shane O'Brien to the #AHLHeat.

Perfect example of a player type/person who shouldn't get a 3-year deal. He regressed big time. Lost motivation maybe?

He's a little bit closer to Las Vegas in Abbotsford

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Would any of you care to phone up Lou and ask about Jacob Josefson?

Just got the feeling Devils are trying to show him up for a possible trade. Been a scratch for a month and tonight suddenly matched with Jagr and Zajac.

He is a very smart player who could be a 3 C in the future but more likely a 4 C. Needs to move from New Jersey though. They brought him over too early and he hasn't gotten anywhere.

The devils in recent years have done a **** job in developing players... especially forwards. I wouldn't be surprised to see Teds and Josefson become serviceable players for other teams.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
I'm pretty surprised that Joe hasn't made any moves this season to help out on D. But on the other hand I have a feeling that they maybe wanted to see how this season goes to really evaluate the entire team before making any changes.

Exactly the way I am looking at it. No reason to make any brash moves.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
In the presser this week where Roy talked about it wasn't a tough choice taking MacKinnon first and said he wanted to take defense with their second pick, he said about not taking a defenseman first and how everyone said they needed to take D something like "things could look a lot different there in a year or two". They have a plan, Roy is not deluded into thinking his AHL guys are the plan for the future. They can make the playoffs this year with the group they have, there is no reason to not let the plan unfold.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
In the presser this week where Roy talked about it wasn't a tough choice taking MacKinnon first and said he wanted to take defense with their second pick, he said about not taking a defenseman first and how everyone said they needed to take D something like "things could look a lot different there in a year or two". They have a plan, Roy is not deluded into thinking his AHL guys are the plan for the future. They can make the playoffs this year with the group they have, there is no reason to not let the plan unfold.

I just think most people hope 'The Plan' isn't to pin the organization's defensive hopes and improvement completely on two very raw prospects that could be 2-3 years from becoming regular top 4 defenders. Let alone a #2 and #3...

Yes they both fit the mold of exactly what we're missing assuming they mature to their potential, but that could be a long wait.

Bigras - EJ

Siemens - Barrie/Elliott

*Looks... like a legit top 4, but in what? Two... three... more years? That's if it was a sure thing to begin with.

NWAvs

Jan 20, 2009
Seattle
So, I was just thinking about the avs in the next few years, and I'm wondering who you folks see moving out if our top two centers? If staz leaves who do we want for him and what can we expect for him? I really think the avs should get a solid dman but I don't want staz traded either.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
So, I was just thinking about the avs in the next few years, and I'm wondering who you folks see moving out if our top two centers? If staz leaves who do we want for him and what can we expect for him? I really think the avs should get a solid dman but I don't want staz traded either.

Crap, I don't think anyone's thought of that. Guys???

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Welcome to the club

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The D that would come back for Stastny would shock everyone with disappointment. Stars rarely get the return that everyone thinks they can get for them. Stastny is valuable but as a pending UFA, not that valuable. People think they are going to get like Phaneuf back in a trade.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
I know it seems late, I just don't post often. Was just seeing what your best guesses were

Seriously, though... if we move Staz they are going to have to put RoR back at center IMO because I don't think they can roll with Mackinnon/Duchene/Mitchell? as the top three centers.

Edit: We would get more back from moving Radar, too, but I really hate to move him because I think you win cups with guys like him.

It's definitely a pickle, but also a luxury to have.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'll give them this summer. If they don't sign or trade for someone by then I'll worry. I don't think they are going to make several moves like some do. But one solid trade or signing. They know Siemens won't be ready, he's barely played this season. And they are not going to pluck Bigras from juniors to put him in the top 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad