Impact thread - Saputo n'est pas Briand Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The good news is that IMFC hold onto their 5th place as the Revs drew 3-3 against OCSC, Fire lost to RSL, and Union lost to Timbers.

Standings   MLSsoccer.com.png

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
If we trade TAM, does the other team get to keep it next year? We have tons of it, and it's pretty much our best asset.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
What is on the field is not much better.
I don't like this mentality. That's why I think Klopas was the best coach at giving young and struggling players minutes. What Garde is doing just seems like arrogance to me. May affect his ego. In MLS, each team is stuck with less talented players.
If your bench sucks that much, might as well have no one on the bench or the 1 or 2 players you intend on using and let the rest stay at home instead of wasting their time.

I mean, Piette and Krolicki seem to be developing pretty well under Garde. Garde wants M. Choinière to play more minutes. David unfortunately was injured for the whole year thus far or else he might have gotten minutes too. It's a bit similar for Jackson, I like the way Garde has handled him. He's pushing him to become a better player and athlete, unfortunately Jackson has been on/off due to injuries.

In today's MLS, odds are Lefèvre, Tissot, JGL and co would not see any minutes either, since it has improved exponentially. I understand your point though, Klopas gave chances to the kids as well. We all remember him putting rookie Porter in a Championsleague desperate situation, and youngster Mallace feeding him.

Still, I disagree with you about Garde. He's very lucid, his bench is awful and that explains his reluctance to use it. He's a terrific player developer as he has proven in the Lyon Academy, and I'm very confident in his capabilities in developing local and drafted talent. The only case where I blame him, although it's probably not his call, is his non-usage of Oduro. That makes zero sense, it's all out of bitterness of the organization over the player. It's not a Soccer decision.

I'm very optimistic for the kids coming out of the academy that will get to be developed by Garde, though I'm worried about the transition between the academy and IMFC. There is a pretty big gap between the playing levels and we need a reserve team again, even if it only plays in the CPL. Our deal with Ottawa is not good enough.

Reactions: ArtPeur

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
For Laurent, the IMFC fan that promised a nude pic if Impact lost actually posted it. She made the same "bet" for next game vs RSL.
Although I sorta qualify as a millenial, the reasoning behind that move beats me. I guess she wants to improve her social media reach? :laugh:

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
For Laurent, the IMFC fan that promised a nude pic if Impact lost actually posted it. She made the same "bet" for next game vs RSL.
Although I sorta qualify as a millenial, the reasoning behind that move beats me. I guess she wants to improve her social media reach? :laugh:

Link? Asking for a friend

Reactions: ArtPeur

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

She probably does want to improve her social media reach. I can say that she has posted a topless pic of herself. :laugh:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I mean, Piette and Krolicki seem to be developing pretty well under Garde. Garde wants M. Choinière to play more minutes. David unfortunately was injured for the whole year thus far or else he might have gotten minutes too. It's a bit similar for Jackson, I like the way Garde has handled him. He's pushing him to become a better player and athlete, unfortunately Jackson has been on/off due to injuries.

In today's MLS, odds are Lefèvre, Tissot, JGL and co would not see any minutes either, since it has improved exponentially. I understand your point though, Klopas gave chances to the kids as well. We all remember him putting rookie Porter in a Championsleague desperate situation, and youngster Mallace feeding him.

Still, I disagree with you about Garde. He's very lucid, his bench is awful and that explains his reluctance to use it. He's a terrific player developer as he has proven in the Lyon Academy, and I'm very confident in his capabilities in developing local and drafted talent. The only case where I blame him, although it's probably not his call, is his non-usage of Oduro. That makes zero sense, it's all out of bitterness of the organization over the player. It's not a Soccer decision.

I'm very optimistic for the kids coming out of the academy that will get to be developed by Garde, though I'm worried about the transition between the academy and IMFC. There is a pretty big gap between the playing levels and we need a reserve team again, even if it only plays in the CPL. Our deal with Ottawa is not good enough.

My point... How can you claim your bench is awful if youve never properly tried several players? Its not like this team is playing well all the time on the field. A journalist last week asked him about his refusal to play Oduro when Mancosu was TERRIBLE. His first words were; I am the coach. Thats arrogance. I understand he doesnt like Oduro or something, but why call him up then? I can say the same for Salazar. Playing Edwards out of position? Insisting on playing Mancosu even comparing him to Cavani? Now I see how he made Aston Villa worse.

People gotta stop saying he is a player developer. Only significant 'development' he was part of was Umtiti who was already a top prosect with or without Garde. He also thought Fekir had no future and refused to play him, even wanted him out, till president Aulas begged him to play Fekir. He is now a World Cup champion. You just see he is just naturally arrogant.

Anyway, Im sure he is a cool guy but people gotta stop bowing down to him just because he trained Lyon. He made numerous mistakes and is still stubborn. I dont recall Schalli or Jesse Marsch making that many mistakes. He wears dope sneakers though so I gotta give him that.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
My point... How can you claim your bench is awful if youve never properly tried several players? Its not like this team is playing well all the time on the field. A journalist last week asked him about his refusal to play Oduro when Mancosu was TERRIBLE. His first words were; I am the coach. Thats arrogance. I understand he doesnt like Oduro or something, but why call him up then? I can say the same for Salazar. Playing Edwards out of position? Insisting on playing Mancosu even comparing him to Cavani? Now I see how he made Aston Villa worse.

People gotta stop saying he is a player developer. Only significant 'development' he was part of was Umtiti who was already a top prosect with or without Garde. He also thought Fekir had no future and refused to play him, even wanted him out, till president Aulas begged him to play Fekir. He is now a World Cup champion. You just see he is just naturally arrogant.

Anyway, Im sure he is a cool guy but people gotta stop bowing down to him just because he trained Lyon. He made numerous mistakes and is still stubborn. I dont recall Schalli or Jesse Marsch making that many mistakes. He wears dope sneakers though so I gotta give him that.

I'm with you for Oduro, but I think the bridges were burnt way before Garde's arrival. It's clear the team (NDS, Saputo) hated something he did/said and that is why they bench him and won't play him.

For Edwards, it's a pretty simple explanation. We have one of the best left winger in Piatti who didn't miss many games. That's why he wasn't used on the left. Unless you wanted to see him in the back four, where he's definitely not better than Raitala/Lovitz.

Salazar I think it's a mix of injuries and the fact that he's clearly not MLS level in Garde's mind.

I won't bother answering the rest of your rant :laugh:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I'm with you for Oduro, but I think the bridges were burnt way before Garde's arrival. It's clear the team (NDS, Saputo) hated something he did/said and that is why they bench him and won't play him.

For Edwards, it's a pretty simple explanation. We have one of the best left winger in Piatti who didn't miss many games. That's why he wasn't used on the left. Unless you wanted to see him in the back four, where he's definitely not better than Raitala/Lovitz.

Salazar I think it's a mix of injuries and the fact that he's clearly not MLS level in Garde's mind.

I won't bother answering the rest of your rant :laugh:

Saputo didnt want him traded, he refused to trade him to DC. Clearly, Saputo likes him. Its all on Garde whom he deemed as not good enough which is okay. We know what the problem is.

As for Edwards, I do recall Piatti playing as CF many many times. Where was Edwards? Getting punished on the bench or in the stands for not 'performing' well enough .... in training.

I guess I just like to see people playing acual games before judging.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Saputo didnt want him traded, he refused to trade him to DC. Clearly, Saputo likes him. Its all on Garde whom he deemed as not good enough which is okay. We know what the problem is.

As for Edwards, I do recall Piatti playing as CF many many times. Where was Edwards? Getting punished on the bench or in the stands for not 'performing' well enough .... in training.

Practice is where bubble players earn their playing time. If Edwards is grabbed his ass in practice, he deserved to sit.

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Practice is where bubble players earn their playing time. If Edwards is grabbed his ass in practice, he deserved to sit.
Nazi mentality. We are in a new generation. Give him minutes, make sure he is covered and see how he reacts. He had no problem giving AJH minutes. I doubt Edwards really was lazy in training, he comes from a semi pro league in Ontario... Talk about struggling. He really had to be the best amongst the bests to get where he is now. Someone should photoshop Garde in the army. :laugh:

Garde a vous... it all makes sense now. I see where he got the attitude from.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

I know there were offers for Oduro last year, but I have no idea when the incident happened that maddened JS/NDS. Either the team was too greedy and wanted more than the offers or the incident happened after the transfer window and then teams were all set for the playoffs. You can complain that Garde won't play him, but personally I think his hands are tied on that one.

I believe when Piatti was up front the team played with one less mid, and instead with 5 Ds.

So Edwards couldn't really be LW. Again, he is not superior to Raitala/Lovitz, and back then the team was struggling defensively, so adding a guy who is so-so defensively was probably not a smart idea to that back 5.

It was something like this:

5D

Krolicki - Piette - Taider

Nacho - Vargas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad