Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Your point is invalid:laugh:
He was a young struggling LB became an accomplished LW before his prime. At this point, yes u can try out new things with that same player. My point is he became good by playing where he was supposed to play.

No, my point is not invalid. Gareth Bale was GIVEN an opportunity at Spurs and he took advantage of it. His coach thought he would be more useful as a winger than he was at a fullback and he gave him a shot at that position. Bale succeeded. Garde thought Edwards should be on our starting XI as a RW and gave him a shot - he EARNED that spot during training camp. Edwards failed. What would you would have Garde do? Displace Piatti to accomodate Edwards? Sure, that could be tried, Piatti could play AM or false-9. It could work, not a bad idea to try it... unless you think you get the most out of Piatti, WHO IS YOUR f***ING BEST PLAYER, at LW and that the dropoff is bigger than the benefit of playing Edwards in a more familiar position. And, this is just the soccer logic. According to Garde, Edwards has a shitty work ethic and didn't earn another shot. That's on Edwards, not the coach. You would have Garde displace his best player to give a shot to a guy who has been grabbing his ass in training? What kind of logic is that?

"Play someone where is he supposed to play" really means nothing. These guys are pros. They have their preferred position which isn't always the same one as the one they are the most useful at. Sometimes, there are no openings at their preferred spot and they are given an opportunity to earn another spot. Edwards failed. It says more about him than it does about Garde. We are talking about left versus right, not drastically different responsibilities. Garde didn't ask him to be a striker or a CB. He moved him from left to right. There are countless examples of players playing on their off-wing. You are just making excuses for a guy you like as you clearly do not understand player development or people management.

You would be right if Garde stuck with Edwards as a starter at RW. He didn't. It failed and he tried something else. The kid didn't earn that spot or another one in practice. End of story. Incorporating youth into a team is important, but that youth has to earn it. Raheem f***ing Edwards isn't the kind of player you move mountains to fit in your team. He is not Davies. And even for guys like Davies, if they slack off, you have to keep them accountable. Giving preferential treatment to rookies will divide a lockerroom. You are dealing with human beings, not f***ing FUT cards. Edwards doesn't magically drop from a 75 to a 70 when moved positions...

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
No, my point is not invalid. Gareth Bale was GIVEN an opportunity at Spurs and he took advantage of it. His coach thought he would be more useful as a winger than he was at a fullback and he gave him a shot at that position. Bale succeeded. Garde thought Edwards should be on our starting XI as a RW and gave him a shot - he EARNED that spot during training camp. Edwards failed. What would you would have Garde do? Displace Piatti to accomodate Edwards? Sure, that could be tried, Piatti could play AM or false-9. It could work, not a bad idea to try it... unless you think you get the most out of Piatti, WHO IS YOUR ****ING BEST PLAYER, at LW and that the dropoff is bigger than the benefit of playing Edwards in a more familiar position. And, this is just the soccer logic. According to Garde, Edwards has a ****ty work ethic and didn't earn another shot. That's on Edwards, not the coach. You would have Garde displace his best player to give a shot to a guy who has been grabbing his ass in training? What kind of logic is that?

"Play someone where is he supposed to play" really means nothing. These guys are pros. They have their preferred position which isn't always the same one as the one they are the most useful at. Sometimes, there are no openings at their preferred spot and they are given an opportunity to earn another spot. Edwards failed. It says more about him than it does about Garde. We are talking about left versus right, not drastically different responsibilities. Garde didn't ask him to be a striker or a CB. He moved him from left to right. There are countless examples of players playing on their off-wing. You are just making excuses for a guy you like as you clearly do not understand player development or people management.

You would be right if Garde stuck with Edwards as a starter at RW. He didn't. It failed and he tried something else. The kid didn't earn that spot or another one in practice. End of story. Incorporating youth into a team is important, but that youth has to earn it. Raheem ****ing Edwards isn't the kind of player you move mountains to fit in your team. He is not Davies. And even for guys like Davies, if they slack off, you have to keep them accountable. Giving preferential treatment to rookies will divide a lockerroom. You are dealing with human beings, not ****ing FUT cards. Edwards doesn't magically drop from a 75 to a 70 when moved positions...
Your first part is stating the obvious, like of course he earned his spot why else would he play? Bale was offered around for 1 Million, every team turned down... That's how average he was.

You just don't understand how moving a young player into a new position is a risk at 50%, not only for him but for his career. It's not like an accomplished player where he could just move back to his best position after a failed experiment.
Big difference playing on the left, center and right, depending on how good you are with each foot. Right there tells me you've never played.

Piatti played a few times in the middle as CF where he scored a hattrick, so no dropoff here and Edwards kept playing on the right. I see you're riding hard for Garde just like you did for Ciman. But hey once we get a better DM, we can try Piette as Advanced Midfielder, ahead of the DM see how it turns out :) , not a big difference just a few steps ahead and see how I'm kind enough to let him stay in the middle.

Last edited:

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
If Saputo and co put half as much energy in managing the team as you guys argue, we’d be mls champions every other year

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Your first part is stating the obvious, like of course he earned his spot why else would he play? Bale was offered around for 1 Million, every team turned down... That's how average he was.

You just don't understand how moving a young player into a new position is a risk at 50%, not only for him but for his career. It's not like an accomplished player where he could just move back to his best position after a failed experiment.
Big difference playing on the left, center and right, depending on how good you are with each foot. Right there tells me you've never played.

Piatti played a few times in the middle as CF where he scored a hattrick, so no dropoff here and Edwards kept playing on the right. I see you're riding hard for Garde just like you did for Ciman. But hey once we get a better DM, we can try Piette as Advanced Midfielder, ahead of the DM see how it turns out :) , not a big difference just a few steps ahead and see how I'm kind enough to let him stay in the middle.

If we had a better DM and Piette needed to switch position to stay on the starting XI, by all means, give him the opportunity. If it fails, use him as a sub or trade him. If Garde felt that putting Edwards on the left and having Piatti as AM or CF was the best solution, by all means, do it. He didn't. You can question that, sure.

Garde's job is to make sure IMFC is the best team possible. His priority is not Raheem f***ing Edwards. Of course, switching position requires an adaptation period... it is up to the player to step up and take advantage of the opportunities. If the players cannot, he is not that good to begin with. I repeat, Garde isn't running the youth team. He has to incorporate young players in the team as much as possible and he needs to do it right, yes. Maybe he should have used Edwards as a sub on the left instead of a starter on the right... maybe! Garde felt Edwards could be his starter on the right and gave him a shot, Edwards failed AND grabbed his ass in practice. How can you not see anything wrong with the player here? Must be about the coach.... who has been running one of the top academies in the world FOR YEARS! He is the problem...

And Ciman, the guy has his faults, sure, but he still is an all-star in this league. Widely inconsistant, but a damn star when on. He is just another one of your stupid agendas. Just like Piette, AJH and now Garde are. His attitude was more a problem than his play and I think that in hindsight, moving on was the right idea. A PR nightmare, but the right move.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
If we had a better DM and Piette needed to switch position to stay on the starting XI, by all means, give him the opportunity. If it fails, use him as a sub or trade him. If Garde felt that putting Edwards on the left and having Piatti as AM or CF was the best solution, by all means, do it. He didn't. You can question that, sure.

Garde's job is to make sure IMFC is the best team possible. His priority is not Raheem ****ing Edwards. Of course, switching position requires an adaptation period... it is up to the player to step up and take advantage of the opportunities. If the players cannot, he is not that good to begin with. I repeat, Garde isn't running the youth team. He has to incorporate young players in the team as much as possible and he needs to do it right, yes. Maybe he should have used Edwards as a sub on the left instead of a starter on the right... maybe! Garde felt Edwards could be his starter on the right and gave him a shot, Edwards failed AND grabbed his ass in practice. How can you not see anything wrong with the player here? Must be about the coach.... who has been running one of the top academies in the world FOR YEARS! He is the problem...

And Ciman, the guy has his faults, sure, but he still is an all-star in this league. Widely inconsistant, but a damn star when on. He is just another one of your stupid agendas. Just like Piette, AJH and now Garde are. His attitude was more a problem than his play and I think that in hindsight, moving on was the right idea. A PR nightmare, but the right move.
Okay this will be my last post regarding this topic, I'm getting tired.

3 points
1. Thats the problem, Garde managed a top academy so you're blinded by your good sense, you're his yes man. I could care less if he managed Lyon or St Martins FC. It's like from your perspective he can't be wrong and for Edwards he was, just like with Fekir. I have no agenda against him, but he isn't that good. He got exposed in MLS.

2. Maybe you didn't see the timeline of when Edwards apparently slacked in training, but it was in April. If that was a fact, it's inexcusable, indeed you're right. Now that stopped relevant because he mysteriously re-appeared a few weeks later, as RW. In his first game as LW with Chicago he got an assist. He said the exact same words about Gourcuff in training... Yoann Gourcuff, perhaps the most technical player he's ever managed.

3. Ciman is 'an all star' because he has a name and that is only because he was playing for a top nation.
Now LAFC fans are wanting to see him bench from what I've seen on Reddit. Plus, MLS isn't known for their above average defenders so no competition there in terms of popularity...

Anyway, have a good day

Last edited:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I would have liked that LB guy though. We would be so close to a full defense line using all our International slots.

-_-

Boardish

Mar 3, 2004
So we traded Edwards for absolutely nothing? We obviously won't be using that TAM money. What a f***ing mess. I'm usually optimistic, but this whole "this situation is unacceptable, we'll make changes" and then coming up with NOTHING is making me mad. I mean, even if you're terrible and can't find a starting striker or a mid, at least add some decent depth (lb/rb, mids). Piette has played every single games. Is that the plan for the remaining games? We can't find someone "decent" that could rotate with Piette and Krolicki?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium