OT: IMFC Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Ok if you still dont understand what I'm saying, I'll try to be as clear as possible.

First you spoke of adjusting to MLS, reminding us of Ontivero. To that I answered that Ontivero's flaw, maybe you forgot, was his fitness. We knew this before he got here and he confirmed it to us. The guy can absolutely not play 90 minutes, never has. Vargas is capable of playing 90 minutes in a more athletic than skillfull league, like the chilean league. He never had a reputation of having fitness problems. I also pointed out that Vargas and Ontiver are incoparable as to their strenght. Vargas is much more brawny and strong on the ball than Ontivero.

Then you spoke of their potential and how they were both hyped at a young age. To that I answered that Ontivero never went beyond the hype. Ontivero never performed well against men at a pro level. Vargas showed he can perform against men at a pro level in his first full pro year.

Now you're focusing on the mental side, but the two points above already show their differences on the mental side. Another thing is that Vargas has had issues OFF the pitch. I never heard of Ontivero having issues off the pitch, but I remember him getting frustrated on the pitch though. So I dont even see why your trying to compare both mentally.

So what I'm getting to is that they have diffferent qualities, different issues and the only similarity they have is that they're both short skillfull SA wingers, and thats a very superficial comparison.

At the end of the day you choose what to believe, but I have a hard time seeing Vargas being consistent all season long in his first year (especially the fact he flopped in his last 2 stints), which was my original point, to use him strategically and not give him any extra pressure abit like what happened to Ballou, not the Ontivero/Vargas comparison. Let him do his thing, the fact he isn't a young DP takes away a lot of expectations.

Lee Nguyen reports to training camp. My take is he got promised to get traded and wants to be fit by the time he joins another team.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Well they wouldn't do photo sessions if they weren't their new jerseys.

giphy.gif

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

Wow that's amazing management and they still have 3 International spots open. Darwin Quintero was an interesting name .... in 2015 but he would be one of the best wingers in MLS. If he joins them too might as well give them the Cup tomorrow.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Wow that's amazing management and they still have 3 International spots open. Darwin Quintero was an interesting name .... in 2015 but he would be one of the best wingers in MLS. If he joins them too might as well give them the Cup tomorrow.

And they clearly have their hands everywhere around the globe. They truly have become the reference in MLS.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So tonight we will get to see the new IMFC in action for the first time. They're facing Las Vegas Light FC @ 11PM ET. The game will be broadcast live on IMFC's official website.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
So Ballou played about 10 minutes. IIdidn't watch but apparently he did alright, a few good passes, dribbled throught a couple of guys forcing them into a fault.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Pour souligner son quart de siècle, l’Impact de Montréal fera dans la continuité avec son maillot primaire pour la saison 2018. La première équipe continuera de porter le maillot bleu-blanc-noir des récentes saisons, l’un des plus réussis et des plus populaires de l’histoire du club. Rappelons que ce maillot fait hommage au chandail revêtu lors de la conquête du premier championnat de l’Impact, en 1994.
Quelques ajouts viendront complémenter ce maillot qui joue parfaitement dans l’identité et dans l’histoire du Bleu-blanc-noir pour son anniversaire d’argent : l’écusson des célébrations de la 25e année du club viendra se poser en plein centre de la poitrine, alors que les noms et numéros dans le dos des joueurs afficheront des notes d’argent, qui était, à l’origine, l’une des couleurs primaires de l’Impact.
Dès 2019, le club amorcera son deuxième quart de siècle avec un nouveau maillot primaire, qui sera suivi lors des deux saisons subséquentes de deux nouveaux autres maillots.

https://www.impactmontreal.com/fr/p...ne-touche-de-renouveau?autoplay=true&g4id=3Dg

So they basically just changed the numbers to silver and added a 25 years crest. I also don't recall the fleur de lys in the numbers.

For Pompeius, the bolded says the team will change the jersey next year and will release two more jerseys in the following seasons.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Dès 2019, le club amorcera son deuxième quart de siècle avec un nouveau maillot primaire, qui sera suivi lors des deux saisons subséquentes de deux nouveaux autres maillots.

So business as usual.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad