Player Discussion Igor Shesterkin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Was 2021-2022 simply a career year? That's where I'm at in the internal dialogue at least.

Even if Igor claws back to a .915 by seasons end, that's not a 8 figure salary guy.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Igor's proven himself as one of the best in the game. Shitty game tonight, he's on a cold streak. Don't forget he was dealing with an injury that affected him enough to keep him out. Could still be nagging him

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
Igor's proven himself as one of the best in the game. Shitty game tonight, he's on a cold streak. Don't forget he was dealing with an injury that affected him enough to keep him out. Could still be nagging him

Then f*** the medical personal and f*** him.

At what point does anyone in this God damned organization realize him playing hurt is a detriment?!

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Then f*** the medical personal and f*** him.

At what point does anyone in this God damned organization realize him playing hurt is a detriment?!
I remember reading that he spent a good chunk of the offseason working on mental health — that he was mentally broken (for lack of a better phrase) last year. It worries me that that happened. Worries me even more that he didn’t remedy it.

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
Quick is 37, he's not taking Igor's job. I love what Quick has done this season but the best way to see Quick start losing is to overplay him. People have mentioned that Talbot won't last for the Kings because of his age and I'd say the same thing about Quick IF he was our starter. He's a great backup and I don't want to lose that.

I do think Igor needs to improve. Giving up early goals is a great recipe for losing. However, I also feel like the team's defensive play has been bad in front of Igor as of late. I'm not saying it excuses everything but the defensive effort against the Kings was a thing of beauty compared to other recent games.

hockeyplayer999

Dec 27, 2021
He should be traded as I still think teams will see him as a value. Get what you can for him before he loses all his value. Rangers do that though they keep players until there value is basically nothing. Shesty loses us games on a consistent Basis. We don’t need his big salary he is gonna demand. He deserves less than what he is currently making.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad