Player Discussion Igor Shesterkin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Jan 8, 2012
NY
Here's the clip of Igor's shot on goal yesterday:

Here's the clip of him telling the bench to "f***ing do your jobs!"

A better head coach than GG and a better offensive presence than anyone on our team.

Shesty has been dialed in the entire series unlike the Pit series last year and in spectacular and typical Rongos fashion, we will waste a brilliant goaltending effort.

Our goaltender had the same amount of shots on goal or more as anyone on the team besides Mika, Vladi, Lindy, and Motte.

Same as Panarin, Chytil, Kreider, Trocheck, Kane, Laf, Kakko, Fox, Miller.

Just such a pathetic effort last night.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Shesty has been dialed in the entire series unlike the Pit series last year and in spectacular and typical Rongos fashion, we will waste a brilliant goaltending effort.

Our goaltender had the same amount of shots on goal or more as anyone on the team besides Mika, Vladi, Lindy, and Motte.

Same as Panarin, Chytil, Kreider, Trocheck, Kane, Laf, Kakko, Fox, Miller.

Just such a pathetic effort last night.

Pathetic effort last few games.

Reactions: The Gloaming

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
I said it before and I'll say it again, I hope Shesty learned something from Hank and that's don't stick around a rotting team for your entire career. The dude has talent and it's going to get wasted season after season after much of the same.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
He did just about everything he could have. I can't blame him at all. He gets bombarded game after game.

Don't think I want another goalie in the world for this team.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Trade him now. Not because he was bad — but because he was excellent. We’re going to start a rebuild. Sell him in his prime; get a ton of picks and/or a solid prospect. Don’t hope that he’s still in prime form eight years from now when we compete again.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
He did just about everything he could have. I can't blame him at all. He gets bombarded game after game.

Don't think I want another goalie in the world for this team.

Shesty has one more two seasons for this team to show him that it can adjust. After that year he's UFA. He's young and I don't think any amount of money will keep him here.

Last edited:
Reactions: PalmCoastRanger

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York
Wonder if Henrik reaches out to him. Gotta be frustrating getting heckled at the rock when you're playing unbelievably well and your team is doing f*** all to stop the opposition....I hope we can hold on to Igor but wouldn't blame him for leaving if this continues.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
Wonder if Henrik reaches out to him. Gotta be frustrating getting heckled at the rock when you're playing unbelievably well and your team is doing f*** all to stop the opposition....I hope we can hold on to Igor but wouldn't blame him for leaving if this continues.

Nope! Don't want to hold onto him if it means we keep seeing a Lundqvist redux.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Love Shesty, this 100% isn’t his fault, but you don’t pay him once his current deal is done.

Look at the 8 goalies in the second round, it’s just not an important position.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
Love Shesty, this 100% isn’t his fault, but you don’t pay him once his current deal is done.

Look at the 8 goalies in the second round, it’s just not an important position.
Couldn't disagree more. It's the most important position.

In fact, it's so important that Igor's play is the reason we were a 110- point cinderella team last year instead of a bottom feeder. A good goalie changes everything, and as you've pointed out, there aren't many right now.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
Igor is a great goalie because he has to be.

Fix the shit in front of him and he gets a cup.

The catch is this - fix the shit in front of him and you don’t always need a great goalie.…

However, knowing this franchise, if I were Igor I’d be on the phone tomorrow.

IMG_6872.jpeg

Last edited:

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Shesty has one more full season for this team to show him that it can adjust. After that year he's UFA. He's young and I don't think any amount of money will keep him here.

Igor is UFA in the summer of 25, 2 summers away. Cant wait to lose him for nothing cause we have garbage vets being overpaid that cant or refuse to be moved. I bet Panarin would reject a move. Only way he wants out is to boo him out of the building. Fans should starting booing Panarin next season. Panarin seems like a type that is comfy regardless out or in the playoffs. Regular season player

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Igor is UFA in the summer of 25, 2 summers away. Cant wait to lose him for nothing cause we have garbage vets being overpaid that cant or refuse to be moved. I bet Panarin would reject a move. Only way he wants out is to boo him out of the building. Fans should starting booing Panarin next season. Panarin seems like a type that is comfy regardless out or in the playoffs. Regular season player

Oops! My bad!

Reactions: RangersFan1994

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
I know some of you want him gone at his contract's end to faciliate a real rebuild where we tank for #1 OAs like Edmonton and NJ, and I know he'll probably want it too so he can win a Cup with a team not owned by a halfwit drug addict...

But I'm sorry, his departure would break my heart. All through my childhood the Rangers had only one standout player: their goalie, Lundqvist. Being a shit team with shit management and an unreal tender is what I will always see as our identity.

I could barely watch the team when Lundqvist left. A massive void replaced my comfort of watching a world-class goalie get repeatedly failed by the organizition.

Igor filled my heart's void and makes me feel like I'm a kid all over again. I want him a Ranger for life and his number retired next to Henrik's one day.

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
Feels like a real Dread Pirate Roberts situation happening here, Henrik training Igor to give him the mask, to live the same life, have the same duties, the same destiny, to be expected to carry a loser franchise to 2-1 victories all season, until heartbreakingly failing in the playoffs because no man can do such a thing for 8 straight months. And to do this until you have nothing left and pass the mask off to someone else. Goaltending purgatory, the New York Rangers, be the best goalie in the world and it won't matter.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Best goalie in the playoffs who actually played like it and ousted in the first round bc the team in front of him all turned into pumpkins. Amazing how this has been the storyline for the Rangers for over a decade now. With 2 different goalies.

Keep Igor obviously bc he is not part of the country club in the locker room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad