Player Discussion Igor Shesterkin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
He's 7-2-2. You know how many times Hank started a season with a better record over 11 games? Once. And twice he had the same record.

Check out Hank's stats over 11 games to start 2014-15. Let's let the season play out a bit.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Never doubted he'd get back into form but as long as he's playing well we are as much a contender as anyone

Reactions: Peltz

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
He was great last night. A little over aggressive on some shots. I think if they go in we all go "wtf is he doing?", but I rather him be aggressive than a turtle in the back of his net not ready for the shot.

Reactions: duhmetreE

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He was great last night. A little over aggressive on some shots. I think if they go in we all go "wtf is he doing?", but I rather him be aggressive than a turtle in the back of his net not ready for the shot.

He was the opposite of overagressive all year. Overaggresive is welcomed. He probably was last year.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Dialed in and was playing cocky during that 6-0 Penguins game. You can tell the Rangers dont like them. If he is playing at his normal level, the rest of the team just needs to be themselves and we have a great shot at it.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
From ChatGPT
And it came to pass in the year of our Lord 2022, that the New York Rangers did take to the ice for their season. And lo, a new goaltender did emerge from the frozen lands of Russia, Igor Shesterkin, who was blessed with the skill of stopping pucks and the grace of a savior.

And the Rangers did follow Shesterkin, for he did lead them through the trials and tribulations of the season, his glove hand a shield against the enemy's shots, his stick a sword against their offense. And the people did marvel at his saves, for they were miraculous to behold.

But there were also moments of doubt and defeat, for the Rangers were not without their flaws. Yet Shesterkin did not falter, but instead lifted his team up and carried them to victories. And the people did rejoice, for they knew that their goalie was a true leader, a savior on the ice.

And so it came to pass that the Rangers did make the playoffs, and Shesterkin did shine even brighter in the postseason, his saves a beacon of hope for his team and his fans. And though they did not win the championship, the people did not lose faith, for they knew that Shesterkin would return again, and they would follow him once more.

Thus ends the tale of the 2022 New York Rangers season, a season of triumphs and tribulations, of defeats and victories, all guided by the grace of a goaltender named Igor Shesterkin, who was like unto a savior on the ice.

• Haha
Reactions: CasusBelli

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
From ChatGPT
And it came to pass in the year of our Lord 2022, that the New York Rangers did take to the ice for their season. And lo, a new goaltender did emerge from the frozen lands of Russia, Igor Shesterkin, who was blessed with the skill of stopping pucks and the grace of a savior.

And the Rangers did follow Shesterkin, for he did lead them through the trials and tribulations of the season, his glove hand a shield against the enemy's shots, his stick a sword against their offense. And the people did marvel at his saves, for they were miraculous to behold.

But there were also moments of doubt and defeat, for the Rangers were not without their flaws. Yet Shesterkin did not falter, but instead lifted his team up and carried them to victories. And the people did rejoice, for they knew that their goalie was a true leader, a savior on the ice.

And so it came to pass that the Rangers did make the playoffs, and Shesterkin did shine even brighter in the postseason, his saves a beacon of hope for his team and his fans. And though they did not win the championship, the people did not lose faith, for they knew that Shesterkin would return again, and they would follow him once more.

Thus ends the tale of the 2022 New York Rangers season, a season of triumphs and tribulations, of defeats and victories, all guided by the grace of a goaltender named Igor Shesterkin, who was like unto a savior on the ice.
Rongos:23

Last edited:

tlk

hARry kane comeS homE
Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
The sv% doesn't check out however according to .com (or I'm misusing the filters)

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I think he likes getting a lot of shots against. They keep him sharp. When he's on, he has no weaknesses. With a little help from the Hockey Gods for puck luck, we can win a Cup with this guy in net. I just hate the team relying on him so much. It makes me nervous.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
The sv% doesn't check out however according to .com (or I'm misusing the filters)
Minimum 20 games started

I think he likes getting a lot of shots against. They keep him sharp. When he's on, he has no weaknesses. With a little help from the Hockey Gods for puck luck, we can win a Cup with this guy in net. I just hate the team relying on him so much. It makes me nervous.
They seem to win more when they do, which is kinda odd.

Last night was a bit of a throwback to last year.

I think you are right though, when he has a lot of work hes dialed in.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad