Player Discussion Igor Shesterkin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
IMG_9190.jpeg

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Does no one remember 2014 Henrik was absolute garbage to start that season. And not counting his first playoff Henrik has had plenty of duds there too. I still feel like he never looked quite this bad but let's not pretend he didn't suck for stretches at a time.
Disparaging playoff Hank is just nonsense. Between 2008 and 2017 he only had a negative goals saved above expected in the 2016 disaster. Has a case for the most clutch goalie of all time considering his elimination game stats.
2014 was nearly a decade after he first appeared. I don't think anybody is disagreeing that Lundqvist didn't let in the stinker, here and there, but he was far more consistent.
Hank had terrible games every now and then, which literally every goalie has, but his overall consistency is probably unmatched and as previously mentioned he always elevated his game even further in the playoffs.

Now I will give Igor that while his regular seasons have been up and down he has delivered in the post seasons so far - which is what really counts in the end.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Disparaging playoff Hank is just nonsense. Between 2008 and 2017 he only had a negative goals saved above expected in the 2016 disaster. Has a case for the most clutch goalie of all time considering his elimination game stats.

Hank had terrible games every now and then, which literally every goalie has, but his overall consistency is probably unmatched and as previously mentioned he always elevated his game even further in the playoffs.

Now I will give Igor that while his regular seasons have been up and down he has delivered in the post seasons so far - which is what really counts in the end.

I'm talking on a series by series basis on am overall playoff year.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I've said this in previous thread. We need to play well enough to win by 4 goals to win by 1 goal with him in net. We're at a goalie disadvantage every bloody game he's in. He's utterly unplayable at this point.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I've said this in previous thread. We need to play well enough to win by 4 goals to win by 1 goal with him in net. We're at a goalie disadvantage every bloody game he's in. He's utterly unplayable at this point.
We picked up on it in the previous thread. You’re mental.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
He’d be a fool to overreact like HFBoards.

His job isn't a guarantee if the Rangers bow out early in the playoffs. Definitely will be out the door if they somehow miss.

Lavy is staying put, so you're left with same cast of characters. Can't move a lot of them because of their NMC, so he's better off trying to gauge what he can for Igor, especially with all signs indicating his Vezina performance was a one-off.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
His job isn't a guarantee if the Rangers bow out early in the playoffs. Definitely will be out the door if they somehow miss.

Lavy is staying put, so you're left with same cast of characters. Can't move a lot of them because of their NMC, so he's better off trying to gauge what he can for Igor, especially with all signs indicating his Vezina performance was a one-off.
Ladies and gentlemen, these are my readers.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
Ladies and gentlemen, these are my readers.

Have you checked his stats?

You wouldn't trade him if you could get a king's ransom?

Tonight, his 5-hole was bad. Since last season, his glove side has been pedestrian, at best. And the last game against the Maple Leafs highlighted how bad he is with the glove; no, not the game: the announcers showed his stats when it came facing shots from each side of the net.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Have you checked his stats?

You wouldn't trade him if you could get a king's ransom?

Tonight, his 5-hole was bad. Since last season, his glove side has been pedestrian, at best. And the last game against the Maple Leafs highlighted how bad he is with the glove; no, not the game: the announcers showed his stats when it came facing shots from each side of the net.
Not that this discussion is worth having but you have me intrigued in a sadistic way...what makes you say his 5 hole was bad tonight?

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
I’m conflicted because he made 2 awesome saves in the second but I wish he squared up earlier on the first one, no goalie is stopping that second one - thanks Lindgren, and the breakaway he looked defeated

Reactions: Slaydagnar

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
I'm not worried about Igor at all.he's in a slump along with the team.He and the team will snap out of it once we get healthy players back and bench all the ahl players currently in the lineup.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Wildly inconsistent, even within the games. He can make a highlight reel save, and then give up an awful goal. He can go on a stretch where he’s nearly unbeatable, or he’s a sieve.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad