Player Discussion Igor Shesterkin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
Deserved so much better

Pens expected goals in all situations was 8.99
f***ing sloppy. Did they have Quinn on a video call in the locker room telling to go east-west and don’t shoot unless there’s no goalie in front of ya. Wtf.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Can we please stop with the Nemeth-Schneider experiment. I don’t even care which one it is, Braun should be playing.

The Reaves line was fun for the first period but they got their shit kicked in the entire game. The line should be Reaves-Goodrow-Hunt. Rooney is so f***ing bad I can’t begin to even explain it. Everything positive the other 2 do, Rooney just passes the puck to Malkin each shift. It’s horrendous. Please god scratch Rooney. He should only be playing over McKegg.

Kreider was awful. His line was atrocious but watching Kreider he was charmin soft and treated the puck like he was Strome. Easily one of the worst games he has had all year. Cute perimeter passes and not pressuring the puck is not Kreider’s game. It is t what made him a 50 goal scorer. I don’t know where this shit came from.

Kids line was all around the best. They had the refs steal a goal from them. Panarins line was okay but panarin did not look elite in this game.

/rant

PalmCoastRanger

Jun 21, 2019
Can we please stop with the Nemeth-Schneider experiment. I don’t even care which one it is, Braun should be playing.

The Reaves line was fun for the first period but they got their shit kicked in the entire game. The line should be Reaves-Goodrow-Hunt. Rooney is so f***ing bad I can’t begin to even explain it. Everything positive the other 2 do, Rooney just passes the puck to Malkin each shift. It’s horrendous. Please god scratch Rooney. He should only be playing over McKegg.

Kreider was awful. His line was atrocious but watching Kreider he was charmin soft and treated the puck like he was Strome. Easily one of the worst games he has had all year. Cute perimeter passes and not pressuring the puck is not Kreider’s game. It is t what made him a 50 goal scorer. I don’t know where this shit came from.

Kids line was all around the best. They had the refs steal a goal from them. Panarins line was okay but panarin did not look elite in this game.

/rant

Glad I'm not not the only one who see Rooney as the actual weak link on that 4th line. He looked timid, he acted and played as if he didn't belong on the ice.

Kreider is reverting to what he has morphed into over the years, a perimeter player. I truly believe the transformation began when Nash come over. Kreider modeled himself after Nash, a skilled player who happened to be big. I saw his current regular season performance as a sign of his body finally slowing down just enough for his hockey mind to keep up. Guess what I'm saying is, I'm not at all surprised of the product that Kreider offered up last night.

Panarin and Strome really need to be separated. Not that Strome played poorly last night, but they are just not creating different planes of attack. They are often on the same level and just somehow make it work.

Back to Igor...what else can be said about this kid. He literally broke the opposing goalie. Just amazing stamina and focus. My wife said he moves and acts like a robot. So just make sure Allaire/Ramsey have all the WD-40 and Rust-oleum they need.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Shesty loved Hank right? He was his hero?

Well Prince Igor... now you know how it feels to be King Henrik... brick wall but the team in front of you is just not quite good enough (yet... hopefully)
well at least Hank's teams were full of vets and this team is half playoff virgins, and half haven't played significant playoff time in 5 years (besides Reaves/Nemeth/Goodrow).

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
It’s a long series guys. And Igor has already made enough saves for 2 games. I just hope Igor holds out well enough for the rest of the team to wake up.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Blues fan here.

Your goalie is something very special. His play is going to inspire confidence in the team and bring the best out of them. Don't matter how much green is on your team, if your boys show up and play with as much heart, they're going places.

Yeah, it's a loss but it made a statement to the Pens. They're going to need to work very hard to beat you and you've already proven to have the skill and resolve to hold them back. Now just win.

Go Rangers!

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Igor with a other really good game. He saved the Rangers’ bacon many times. I just worry he’s gonna get tired out. but so far the playoffs haven’t phased him one bit. It’ll be really interesting to see how he plays in a road playoff game with the crowd actively against him and loudly mocking him on goals given up.

Really happy with what I’ve seen from him so far though.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Blues fan here.

Your goalie is something very special. His play is going to inspire confidence in the team and bring the best out of them. Don't matter how much green is on your team, if your boys show up and play with as much heart, they're going places.

Yeah, it's a loss but it made a statement to the Pens. They're going to need to work very hard to beat you and you've already proven to have the skill and resolve to hold them back. Now just win.

Go Rangers!
Take good care of Buchy for us :(

Reactions: BlueSeal

Boom Quack

Aug 29, 2008
Brooklyn, New York
He's so damn good he even revived the USSR.
SmartSelect_20220506-062404_Firefox.jpg

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
His acting skills might be better than his goal saving abilities. That was veering on unsportsmanlike but he knows he needs to go to extra lengths to neutralize all of the bullcrap that comes with playing the Pens

Reactions: Rongomania

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
His acting skills might be better than his goal saving abilities. That was veering on unsportsmanlike but he knows he needs to go to extra lengths to neutralize all of the bullcrap that comes with playing the Pens

Hank had a flare for the dramatic in the PO's too. I think a lot of the best modern players do. Plus, Shesty has gotten f*cked by the refs since game one. Hope we get nice and dirty in Pennsylvania Saturday!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad