Player Discussion Igor Shesterkin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Hart is media/propaganda driven IMO. Whoever gets the most PR, wins.

Shesterkin didn't even make the All-Star game.

He's deserving though. We're battling for the last Wild Card spot without Shesty

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
I'm also hoping that they will change the narrative on games played. Goalies don't play 65 plus games regularly anymore. They need to accept this change and not have it be a knock on goalies because they only hit 50-55. Plus, don't goalies have more ice time anyway.

That narrative won't change anything to their benefit unless forwards and d-men also start playing less.

When a player misses 35% of a teams games, that has to be taken into account in terms of their importance relative to others who play every game.

It's the same reason pitchers very rarely get MVP awards in baseball. It doesn't discount their importance to the team, but it does show the value placed on someone who is a key figure in every game.

Reactions: egelband

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
That narrative won't change anything to their benefit unless forwards and d-men also start playing less.

When a player misses 35% of a teams games, that has to be taken into account in terms of their importance relative to others who play every game.

It's the same reason pitchers very rarely get MVP awards in baseball. It doesn't discount their importance to the team, but it does show the value placed on someone who is a key figure in every game.

What if same player that missed 35% of games played 300% more during games than any other teammate on the ice?

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
It will be typical Leafs fashion though. Have a great regular season and Matthews puts up monster numbers for Hart, "this is their year!', etc. only for them to lose 4-1 or 4-2 in the first round.

Reactions: Bacon Artemi Bravo

Scor

Mar 27, 2022
No.

Matthews has had it wrapped. He wouldn’t be my choice but he’s going to win almost unanimously
Too many players are having a great season for Matthews to win unanimously. I think this will be one of the closer MVP races.

426ers

Jun 21, 2020
Totally off topic, but how can I find out how many power play goals have been scored against

Igor Shesterkin this year

Sockosensei

May 13, 2007
Japan
Totally off topic, but how can I find out how many power play goals have been scored against

Igor Shesterkin this year

Here.

18 goals allowed
.924 sv% vs opposing PP, is better than most goalies' totals for all situations.

Edit: Is it just our great PK? Well, Geo's given up 20 on fewer than half the PP shots Shesty's faced.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Here.

18 goals allowed
.924 sv% vs opposing PP, is better than most goalies' totals for all situations.

Edit: Is it just our great PK? Well, Geo's given up 20 on fewer than half the PP shots Shesty's faced.

Georgiev seems to be particularly bad on the Power Play though.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Here.

18 goals allowed

That edit was PROOF of his superlative play on PK. Cannot compare to other teams goalie and what they do, because they don't have our PK, nor same goaltenders (master of obvious)

426ers

Jun 21, 2020
Here.

18 goals allowed

Thank you

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Here.

18 goals allowed

That has to be the best in the league.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Even in loss, he's cemented his name in Rangers history after that insane performance.

giphy.gif

Reactions: egelband

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Probably the best of his career.
I mean it’s hard to call it a career best game when you give up 4 goals, but you can’t expect the goalie to save pretty much any of them. the only one I was kinda meh on was the 5 on 3 where he didn’t attempt a poke check, but i get you can’t put yourself out of position and schneider needed to be better there. he made some incredible saves and was focused throughout.

OrwellianNightmare

May 2, 2022
I mean it’s hard to call it a career best game when you give up 4 goals, but you can’t expect the goalie to save pretty much any of them. the only one I was kinda meh on was the 5 on 3 where he didn’t attempt a poke check, but i get you can’t put yourself out of position and schneider needed to be better there. he made some incredible saves and was focused throughout.

That's four goals across six periods though, and having the second most saves by a goalie in NHL history. Not gonna remotely nitpick that shit.

Playoff Igor has arrived. That loss wasn't remotely on him. This team can't do shit 5v5. One PP. Disallowed go-ahead goal late in the game.

OrwellianNightmare

May 2, 2022
This might be a game where the team comes out on fire next time similar to how they responded for a stretch after Gallant called out the team for not helping him in March or April.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad