Player Discussion Igor Shesterkin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Crazy how even with the cold spell he just went through there really isn't anyone threatening him for the Vezina at the moment. Hadn't realized Sorokin was next in line - not surprising though considering he plays behind a team that ices 5 defensemen

The nominees for the Vezina besides Igor at this point are merely a formality. Igor 200% has the Vezina locked up at this point lol

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Crazy how even with the cold spell he just went through there really isn't anyone threatening him for the Vezina at the moment. Hadn't realized Sorokin was next in line - not surprising though considering he plays behind a team that ices 5 defensemen
he's good unfortunately

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
To me it's not even about him being on our team. He's bee amazing and deserves it. We're not in the play offs if he didn't have the season he's had.

Absolute nonsense. Georgiev is 4 games over .500 and so are the Islanders. And Georgiev sucked balls most of the season. A good but not great goalie gets us wildcard rather comfortably.

Reactions: rangersfansince08

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
1650420813168.gif

mti79

May 11, 2007
I think the last 2 games may have locked it up but Andersen has great numbers too. He's literally just behind Shesty in every category.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
He's literally matching Henrik Lundqvists BEST.

It's his first full season. With league scoring up.

It's absurd.

I'll repeat it... He's literally matching Henrik Lundqvists best season already. The best goalie of our generation. What the ceiling on him? I mean how much better can be possibly get?

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
he's good unfortunately
Indeed. Sorokin is a very good goaltender. He's much more aggressive than Shesty, but he has very explosive movement. In the KHL, he'd get himself out of position, but he had the flexibility and athleticism to get back and make great saves. If he's refined his technique and his reads between an NHL goalie coach and overall experience, he's a very dangerous goalie with his combination of size, speed, and athleticism.

I haven't watched him in any NHL games, though, so maybe someone can weigh in.

Shesty is in top form right now. Can't ask for more.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I think the last 2 games may have locked it up but Andersen has great numbers too. He's literally just behind Shesty in every category.
Andersen is not even close. Shesty has it COMPLETELY locked up with nobody in sight. Igor's numbers are some of the best of this generation, and he's doing it one the highest scoring seasons since 94-95.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
Andersen is not even close. Shesty has it COMPLETELY locked up with nobody in sight. Igor's numbers are some of the best of this generation, and he's doing it one the highest scoring seasons since 94-95.
Now if only Shesterkin could get 3 more shutouts/wins, he'd lead every major category.

The year Price won the Hart, Carey received 27 of 30 first place Vezina votes. Anyone willing to guess the number of 1st place Vezina votes out of 32 Igor will win?

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
Not a chance. Too many "goalies aren't MVP's" types out there.
he meant for the Vezina, not Hart.

Even though he Igor should get 32 1st place votes, he still won't. Even though Sorokin had quite a good year, some GM out west will vote for Markstrom.

Last edited:

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
He's literally matching Henrik Lundqvists BEST.

It's his first full season. With league scoring up.

It's absurd.

I'll repeat it... He's literally matching Henrik Lundqvists best season already. The best goalie of our generation. What the ceiling on him? I mean how much better can be possibly get?
The thing about Hank is everyone pretty unanimously agrees that he's the best goalie of the generation despite the fact that he only has one Vezina. The thing that made Hank the best wasn't his peak. It was that he hovered right around that peak for over a decade.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Now if only Shesterkin could get 3 more shutouts/wins, he'd lead every major category.

The year Price won the Hart, Carey received 27 of 30 first place Vezina votes. Anyone willing to guess the number of 1st place Vezina votes out of 32 Igor will win?
I can think of 1-2 games off the top of my head he lost the shutout late in the 3rd.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

That Sharks game where he got hurt is still annoying me. Should have one more shutout. The Caps game where he gave up a goal late should be another.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here

3 shutouts in his last 5 games is a statement and a BUMAX fastening of the Vezina.

He's also toying with the possibility of ending the season with a sub 2.00 GAA

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
The thing about Hank is everyone pretty unanimously agrees that he's the best goalie of the generation despite the fact that he only has one Vezina. The thing that made Hank the best wasn't his peak. It was that he hovered right around that peak for over a decade.
He was robbed of going b2b. Bobrovsky did NOT deserve the 2013 Vezina.

Scor

Mar 27, 2022
What I'm trying to figure out it how you decide who gets the Hart? I mean if you look at the guys who get the most love for the Hart, they all have teammates who's numbers are just as good or not far off from it. Ex. McDavid and Draisaitl, Matthews and Marner and Gaudreau and Tkachuk. Huberdeau and Barkov have a big gap, but I wouldn't necessarily say he is carrying that team by himself.

Shesterkin was definitely carrying this team at one point more than any of the others (imo), but the team still has a 90pt player in Panarin and a 50 goal scorer in Kreider.

It just seems like a complicated year for MVP (for the media). If I had to choose a top 3 it would be, Shesterkin, Huberdeau, and Josi. Picking Igor as the winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad