Player Discussion Igor Shesterkin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Hopefully that’s the worst case but he didn’t look good at all coming off the ice.

This is probably the best that could've hoped for, because usually when players punch something on the way to the locker room, it's usually something season-ending.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is probably the best that could've hoped for, because usually when players punch something on the way to the locker room, it's usually something season-ending.

If he misses a couple of weeks I’m cool with that. I thought his season was done or would be a month to month thing when I saw him come off the ice .

I think Georgy is gonna surprise a lot of people here.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Him going on the IR today is really no sign of how severe it is

He wasn't playing tonight anyway and they need the spot for his replacement

If it's only a week, that's quite the amazing news after last night's looking stuff

Reactions: THE BIG WHISTLE

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I think he's fine. Might be bruised/swollen knee.

There's absolutely zero reason to push him. We've built a nice cushion. 2 of the next 3 are against Chicago. Should be ready to go against Nashville.

Pouty Georgie Perogy gets his wish and some playing time.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I mean, I suppose this is good. An MRI would have revealed a significant injury, and I assume the Rangers would have opted for LTIR if that was the case.

Still leaves you wondering why these injuries look so bad with Shesty. Is he just hyper sensitive to pain? Maybe that’s what makes him such a good goalie - he has super human senses.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018

I think it's the same thing that got him the last time he was out, so he must be frustrated. Whatever the issue is, knee, groin. The trainers seemed to know what it was instantly so they could tell Gallant.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Sounds like something that requires rest but not surgery. Lower body injuries can be fickle especially with goaltenders. You have to let it get back to 100% plus some. Nothing worse than reaggravating a strain/pull because you pushed it too hard at 95%.

Last edited:

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
I don't necessarily disagree with your main point but Geo is not overrated anymore. At least not by Rangers fans who think he's not even an NHL backup. He was inconsistent even when he was a decent backup but it seems mental with him. I'm hoping his confidence is up after last night's game and he'll take that and run. I wish we had Talbot like we did in 14-15 when Lundqvist got hurt.

I wish we could just shoot Geo to the moon. I see no hope if Shesty is out long term and from what i have read he is now on IR. Geo will come in and regardless of how good our defense is, he will find a way to f*** it up as he always has.

Thankfully we built up a good lead in the standings because im going to go with a probable 1 win out of the next 4 games.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
I’d rather he not be on IR at all. I’m not expecting him back until early next year.

The big issue is Georgiev is a head case and you can’t rely on him. It’ll be a really rough stretch.

And with the prognosis of neither of us expecting him back until early next year, we will be a below .500 team. Look we can play the best hockey in the world but once a few shots go on goal against Geo, they are goals. Im expecting over the next 4-6 weeks to be losing and losing bad. I dont care how good a team is, if their goalie sucks. THEY SUCK! and Geo .... SUCKS lol

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
I think he's fine. Might be bruised/swollen knee.

There's absolutely zero reason to push him. We've built a nice cushion. 2 of the next 3 are against Chicago. Should be ready to go against Nashville.

Pouty Georgie Perogy gets his wish and some playing time.

Lol problem is i expect to lose all three with that bum in net

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I wish we could just shoot Geo to the moon. I see no hope if Shesty is out long term and from what i have read he is now on IR. Geo will come in and regardless of how good our defense is, he will find a way to f*** it up as he always has.

Thankfully we built up a good lead in the standings because im going to go with a probable 1 win out of the next 4 games.

They said it won't be long term, right now it's at least a week. You're guessing on when he'll be back based on nothing other than how he looked. You don't even know what the issue is.

Reactions: barry allen

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
They said it won't be long term, right now it's at least a week. You're guessing on when he'll be back based on nothing other than how he looked. You don't even know what the issue is.

True, none of us do. We are all speculating. But Igor is on IR and that means Geo is in net. Which to me means instant losses. The goalie is the backbone of the team. And Geo i fully expect to see 4-5 goals against with an .840 save percentage over the span that Igor is out.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
True, none of us do. We are all speculating. But Igor is on IR and that means Geo is in net. Which to me means instant losses. The goalie is the backbone of the team. And Geo i fully expect to see 4-5 goals against with an .840 save percentage over the span that Igor is out.

That's fair but he's on short term and not long term IR which probably means it's not that bad and the MRI said it's not long term. My hope is that Geo got confidence last night and will rise to the occasion if for nothing else than to get a #1 opportunity somewhere else.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I think it's the same thing that got him the last time he was out, so he must be frustrated. Whatever the issue is, knee, groin. The trainers seemed to know what it was instantly so they could tell Gallant.
Looked like groin to me but just a layman’s opinion

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
That's fair but he's on short term and not long term IR which probably means it's not that bad and the MRI said it's not long term. My hope is that Geo got confidence last night and will rise to the occasion if for nothing else than to get a #1 opportunity somewhere else.

He wouldn’t go on LTIR regardless. It’s just a cap thing and they don’t need the space. Blais is out for the year and they haven’t put him on LTIR.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Well, no matter what, we’ll get a new backup goalie tonight. Do we know who it is?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad