Player Discussion Igor Shesterkin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
I don't think so. I think this might be the strongest assembled team post lockout.

I think they are a playoff team without him. But, they aren't a Cup contender without him. Which is what the team was looking like.

Ill have whatever you are smoking then bc i have no idea how you or anyone else can honestly believe that geo can back stop this team to anything.

Geo is beyond overrated and couldnt stop a beach ball, if he was starting any more games we would be barely a middle of the pack team

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Ill have whatever you are smoking then bc i have no idea how you or anyone else can honestly believe that geo can back stop this team to anything.

Geo is beyond overrated and couldnt stop a beach ball, if he was starting any more games we would be barely a middle of the pack team

This team is good enough to get by the next few weeks with Georgiev in net. They need to just focus on defense a little more like they did in 3rd last night. Expecting .500 the next few games without Shesty(assuming that is all he misses) is not unreasonable. If he was out long term then we would have to make a trade.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

I don't necessarily disagree with your main point but Geo is not overrated anymore. At least not by Rangers fans who think he's not even an NHL backup. He was inconsistent even when he was a decent backup but it seems mental with him. I'm hoping his confidence is up after last night's game and he'll take that and run. I wish we had Talbot like we did in 14-15 when Lundqvist got hurt.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
This team is good enough to get by the next few weeks with Georgiev in net. They need to just focus on defense a little more like they did in 3rd last night. Expecting .500 the next few games without Shesty(assuming that is all he misses) is not unreasonable. If he was out long term then we would have to make a trade.
The team is like 654-1 when scoring more than one goal with Shesterkin. It can't be expected that this will continue with Georgiev in nets for any extended period. They're going to have to turn up the offense to compensate.

And in today's league, having a bad one or two weeks is enough to significantly damage a season, especially in the tough Metro.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
That’s honestly such a disgusting disparity in healthcare and allocation of resources. Having to do prior auths and fighting with insurance companies for patients who actually need MRIs only for that to be rejected and the patient not being able to afford the insane cost is depressing, even more so to see some rich assholes get that test for a cramp (not saying that’s what happened here, but if it’s really as minor as they’re playing it off to be..,)
I mean it’s his profession. That’s like saying a pianist with arthritis shouldn’t spend money on extra treatment over the typical mild case for other people.

Or an actor shouldn’t spend more on cosmetic surgery in the event of an accident that could leave a scar on his face than the typical person.

If it affects your profession, it affects everything else too. The body is a unit - someone who is depressed because they can’t use the talent they’ve honed for two decades is going to ultimately be less healthy than a person who just walks with mild discomfort for a few months. Shesterkin is well within his right to seek whatever treatment he wants for a strain.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I dont think you can fairly label q player as fragile for a couple of freak non contact injuries. Shit happens and sometimes you end up on the shit end of the stick.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The team is like 654-1 when scoring more than one goal with Shesterkin. It can't be expected that this will continue with Georgiev in nets for any extended period. They're going to have to turn up the offense to compensate.

And in today's league, having a bad one or two weeks is enough to significantly damage a season, especially in the tough Metro.

They just scored 13 goals in the previous 3 games before last night. They can score but they can't hang Georgiev out to dry either. Just play like they have been playing lately with maybe a little more emphasis on play in the D zone(like last night) and they will be fine. They are not playing murderers row the next 5 games and I don't expect Shesty will miss too much time from the reports last night. I'm not worried at all.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
They are certainly going to need to put the puck in the net more. That’s for sure. It would be a good time for Zibby to find his mojo.
My biggest concern about Geo is him making the save when it matters to keep us in the game. I’m not expecting any shutouts, but he can’t give up a goal when we’re 1-1 or up or down 2-1 or 2-2 and then crumble.
The been his MO as of late. He’ll give up a goal , whether it’s on him or not, and he doesn’t have the mental fortitude to bear down and forget about it and keep playing to stop the next one.
Going to be interesting for sure, but for the good of his career, even if it’s not with us after this year, this might be the most important stretch of hockey he’s going to have to play since he broke into the league. I’m hoping he plays well and improves his value

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Too bad he's missing the Avs game. That team is loaded. Oh well. He likely would have missed two of the next three games anyway. Hopefully Gallant isn't shy about playing Huska if Georgiev shits the bed.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
not really. LTIR would have been really really bad news

He can't go today, so they needed to make space for another goalie. He could be back next weekend.
I’d rather he not be on IR at all. I’m not expecting him back until early next year.

The big issue is Georgiev is a head case and you can’t rely on him. It’ll be a really rough stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad