If Marc Bergevin is fired, who do you want for next Habs GM ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Next Habs GM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I said past the 50s. We decline in the 60s, quickly (dementia aside, it seems to follow the rest of the health signals).

Vast majority of adults have lost a fair share of capabilities in their 70s.

There are plenty of young talented managers in their 40s. Unlike Bergevin.

There is one Lou Lamoriello and he would never come to Montreal.
Dude please. publish some facts to back that up.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Let's face it, Roy isn't a disastrous candidate.

I'm thinking about this in 2 ways.

We need a very smart and need-to-win GM.

Roy is off the scale in need-to-win attitude.
Not the smartest
. Depends if he could surround himself.
I couldn't think of a scarier combination for doing stupid things.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Whoever is most likely to be able to get rid of Price and Weber's contracts for me. Other then those two monster mistakes, I think the Habs are actually in a decent spot. Solid prospects, good talent on the roster, an elite farm team etc... just need the flexibility to change up the defense that getting rid of Weber and Price would allow.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Let's face it, Roy isn't a disastrous candidate.

I'm thinking about this in 2 ways.

We need a very smart and need-to-win GM.

Roy is off the scale in need-to-win attitude.
Not the smartest. Depends if he could surround himself.

Seems like he is a hot head....doesnt seem like a big picture kind of guy.....

JoshuaSchwartz

Nov 9, 2007
If he wanted the job yes, but he refuse it last year in NJ
Last year’s decision could of been related to a lot of different factors. I have to believe his ultimate goal is to be in a GM or president role and that last year he felt he wasn’t ready for that opportunity. The other component could of just been that New Jersey wasn’t the right fit or where he wanted to make his first impact as the top dog!

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Julien brisebois. Coming back home for him. could be a really good target.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Julien brisebois. Coming back home for him. could be a really good target.

He can't be a target if he is under contract in tampa.

I've also heard nothing with respect to him wanting a new challenge. He's only been GM there for a little over two years after all, and I've heard nothing suggesting that tampa wants to fire him.

There is no realistic scenario which makes him a candidate.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Whoever is most likely to be able to get rid of Price and Weber's contracts for me. Other then those two monster mistakes, I think the Habs are actually in a decent spot. Solid prospects, good talent on the roster, an elite farm team etc... just need the flexibility to change up the defense that getting rid of Weber and Price would allow.

I wouldn't say it's an elite farm. I compare it back to the farm under gainey's reign around 2008.

Theres a good volume of nhl upside prospects, but it's a little short on potential nhl gamebreakers outside of maybe Caufield, and perhaps norlinder. There's definitely a good amount of solid prospects though.

That farm team in 07/08 won the Calder cup, and it produced solid players, but there was no superstar born out of it outside of price. This farm looks like it could compete for the championship as well.

The farm back then also had just drafted subban, so maybe that was a better candidate for elite status in retrospect. Caufield is more or less hoped to have Pacioretty type of output, who was also freshly drafted back then.

Last edited:

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I wouldn't say it's an elite farm. I compare it back to the farm under gainey's reign around 2008.

When I say farm team I mean specifically the rocket. I think in general this has been a really strong year for our prospects. Not too many that have been truly disappointment which is rare and nice to see. Too long have our prospects gotten to the AHL level and totally stalled their progression.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
When I say farm team I mean specifically the rocket. I think in general this has been a really strong year for our prospects. Not too many that have been truly disappointment which is rare and nice to see. Too long have our prospects gotten to the AHL level and totally stalled their progression.

Yeah, its better off now than at any other point in Bergevin's reign.

The 07/08 bulldogs had players like price, grabovski, s kostitsyn, obyrne, d'agostini etc. There was alot to get excited about, but it didn't amount to as much as most of us hoped.

I mean, that's also unfair in a way now that I think about it because the habs shipped grabo for what turned out to be nothing, and he did have a decent nhl career in his own right, but it did diddly squat for the habs.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
The 07/08 bulldogs had players like price, grabovski, s kostitsyn, obyrne, d'agostini etc. There was alot to get excited about, but it didn't amount to as much as most of us hoped.

Funny to think people were "excited" for Ryan O'Byrne lol

I'm just happy to have an exciting, I'd call it can't miss, prospect at the forward position. We had Price then Subban but it's been so long for a forward lol. Galchenyuk had the profile of a can't miss prospect but obviously he missed his potential.

Surfer72

Oct 18, 2018
Regardless who the new GM will eventually be....his first act is to keep what is working (look who is scoring, defending, contributing and management) and package up assets that are not working, plus (management, scouting, over rated talent, mid level talent, bad contracts and long term contracts not worth their value)

poor guy has a lot to do.... to try to entice "elite talent" trade for it or generate it!

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
It's a rare event that we are witnessing. This team would be better served if Bozovin and company were dismissed tomorrow.

Reactions: BLONG7

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
upload_2021-4-25_1-20-47.jpeg

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Bergy doesn't believe in windows, but the window is there right here right now to throw him out of the window.

Reactions: Shabs

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Listen, one thing I’ll say about bergevin,is that he cares and he really tried. He’s made some good trades. But his overall vision just hasn’t worked ie. $15 million in goalies for starters. Overall up until recently, drafting has been putrid. The drouin trade was a mulligan. And the Weber trade, it wasn’t that it wasn’t a good trade, it’s that it wasn’t the right trade. Bergevin overestimated his team thinking it could compete for the cup, and he was wrong, very wrong.

when you see a gm go through multiple multiple coaches, maybe coaching isn’t the issue....
Sorry bergy, you,are a lot of money I’m sure, it’s time to retire and go pickup some hobbies

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I hope I'm wrong but I think it's gonna be Timmins... who should have been fired years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad