Post-Game Talk: I don't have anything clever to put in the thread title

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I'm not at the point with Miller where I want him gone at all costs. I still think he can fill a top 4 D spot with a good partner. But yeah, he's not very good.

If only we had a RHD who's good at everything.
He’s not great but I don’t think we can trade everyone so I’d keep him for now. But definitely far from untouchable. Another guy who struggles moving left and right and doesn’t use his size properly in puck battles.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Lindgren is worse than Trouba because he plays with Fox, and needs a new contract, don’t make a big mistake.

Lindgren is worse than Trouba because he’s worse than Trouba.

With Fox, with out Fox, in any parallel universe, he’s an awful defenseman. Him
Dragging down Fox is the biggest issue but he’s just a bad player. Getting hurt is not a redeeming quality.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I have an idea!

Boot Panarin, get an actual matchup guy and use him in that role.

Let Mika and whoever feast on third line/pair matchups.

Panarin was putrid getting semi favorable matchups in this series. If people want to be upset with Mika and Kreider that’s fine, I wish we got more out of them too but thru were the ones who drew the though match ups.

Not our 11.6 million dollar star forward who got outplayed by both of his line mates.
So does this mean that you aren't going to change your signature?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'm with most with getting rid of Trouba (100 percent) and Lindgren (80 percent) but don't wanna give up on Miller yet.
On the other hand, Miller would return a huge haul. Still tho he's only 24.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Lindgren is worse than Trouba because he plays with Fox, and needs a new contract, don’t make a big mistake.
Sorry there is no way Lindgren is worse than Trouba. I have the overtime goal in game 4 and tonight's first goal permanently stuck in my head playing on a loop. There is no ECHL defenseman that wanders into la la land covering absolutely no one.
I do agree I would not give him a contract extension.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Sorry there is no way Lindgren is worse than Trouba. I have the overtime goal in game 4 and tonight's first goal permanently stuck in my head playing on a loop. There is no ECHL defenseman that wanders into la la land covering absolutely no one.
I do agree I would not give him a contract extension.
They are both god awful and it doesn't really matter who is worse. The scariest part about this off-season is the fact that we could resign one of them. The team can probably win a cup with one of these bums playing sheltered minutes, but they sure as hell can't with 2.

Drury can't be dumb enough to actually believe playing Lindgren on the top pair is a solution. The fact that he's stapled to that top pair is one of the dumbest f***ing things this team has ever done.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Nope.

I’ll acknowledge that he was better in this run than others but he did f*** all when he was needed. He isn’t alone in this, but he’s the only one making 11.6 a year.
At least he had 120 points this year and actually scored 5 on 5 unlike the guy making 9 million. I would trade Kakko, Mika, Trouba before Panarin any day.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I agree he should go but I don't think anybody is a bigger liability than Trouba. I would like to know the percentage of GA he was on ice for in the playoffs. I bet it's like 70%.
Whole playoffs Trouba was on for 11 of 27 5v5 goals (Miller and Panarin were on for 12 each) and 18 of 42 goal in total (Kreider and Miller on for 17 each).

Against the Cats Trouba was on for 4 of 9 5v5 (Miller 5, Panarin and KK 4 each) and 8 of 16 overall (CK, Miller and Mika all on for 7).

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Can you move Kandre as the centerpiece of a Brady Tkachuk trade? I know Brady is overrated as far as charts are concerned but that’s a vibe shifting move for our locker room. We know he was high on the Rangers list his draft year.
Literally the first thought that came to my head when I thought about what we need.

I don’t see why Ottawa is trading him though and their D depth is pretty set.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The NHL/ESPN really loves Matthew Tkachuck. He’s a great player but didn’t do much besides dive at every opportunity this series. Our softness was on full display that no one went at him harder.

ESPN was absolutely disgraceful this series. I'm still not sure if we played the 88 Oilers or the 24 Florida Panthers. Just so unprofessional. Literally started from the first intermission of the first game.

Reactions: NCRanger and Wtp99

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I think if the Rangers make the right moves in the offseason, they could have the best looking roster in their division next year unless Carolina works a miracle in free agency. Only other team better than them in the east right now is Florida who will also have a busy offseason with their roster.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Whole playoffs Trouba was on for 11 of 27 5v5 goals (Miller and Panarin were on for 12 each) and 18 of 42 goal in total (Kreider and Miller on for 17 each).

Against the Cats Trouba was on for 4 of 9 5v5 (Miller 5, Panarin and KK 4 each) and 8 of 16 overall (CK, Miller and Mika all on for 7).
So It wasn't as bad as I thought but he was on ice for more goals than anybody on the team. He stinks and is a liability.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
At least he had 120 points this year and actually scored 5 on 5 unlike the guy making 9 million. I would trade Kakko, Mika, Trouba before Panarin any day.

Who makes 9?

Panarin has been bull shit, mega bull shit or just not good enough in his 3 playoff runs here. At least Mika is the one who at least drew the tough matchups in this series (and no, that doesn't excuse him from criticism either.)

120 points in the RS is great and all but hes been a massive disappointment in the playoffs. No other way to slice it.

It's time to move on. If no one wants to bite, I'd throw him and Zibanejad on one line and let those problems just exist together. No need for them to get in anyone else's way.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Who makes 9?

Panarin has been bull shit, mega bull shit or just not good enough in his 3 playoff runs here. At least Mika is the one who at least drew the tough matchups in this series (and no, that doesn't excuse him from criticism either.)

120 points in the RS is great and all but hes been a massive disappointment in the playoffs. No other way to slice it.

It's time to move on. If no one wants to bite, I'd throw him and Zibanejad on one line and let those problems just exist together. No need for them to get in anyone else's way.
Kreider-Trocheck-Lafreniere

The "go home" line. No puck for you.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
He's an absolute loser.

Just like Mika but at least he gives a shit. When has Mika ever fought for the team or teammates. When has Mika did something to change momentum in the game by being a physical pest? When has Mika blocked a shot or skated hard to prevent a goal. Totally soft passive overpaid bum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad