Post-Game Talk: I don't have anything clever to put in the thread title

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Brady Tkachuk doesn't qualify for this team esthetically. But maybe that's the thing. I could watch an esthetically ugly team that goes to the slot area

All the more reason I hope the Oilers go to the SCF and wipe the floor with them. As much as I HATE the Penguins, their 2016 and 2017 wins were good for hockey because teams started forcusing on speed and skill again. Florida winning would be bad for hockey. They are excruciating to watch. I legit would hope that if/when the Rangers even win they'll be WAY more 2016 Pens and 2010v Blackhawks than 2012 Kings and 2024 Panthers.

Reactions: WhereO Is Kakko

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Brock is a ufa summer 2025 and we will be able to create enough cap space to sign both brock and draisaitl if they hit ufa.

Imagine this

Laff-draisaitl-perrault (laff would get 100+ points playing on this line + pp1)
Panarin-trocheck-brock
Cuylle-mika-berard
Othmann-rempe-edstrom

Kandre-Fox
Shea Theodore-Schneider
Zac jones-vet 6D
doubt Leon leaves Edmonton

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Yet another iteration of this franchise that ends up in the Hall of Very Good.

It was an extremely fun season. I appreciate that and I’m sure one day I will be able to appreciate that even more.

Definitely a huge “what could have been” with Fox’s status. In my view, his play dropping off from “Norris” to simply “good” was the #1 reason this run didn’t end with a parade.

It’s tough to stomach right now. Another 10 win playoff. Damn good but yet still so far. If you believe we’re going to see this franchise luck into a Cup again in our lifetimes, you’re more optimistic than me.

There are some good pieces here but also many fading fast. Hard not to see this as a likely high water mark for a while. But I’ve been wrong before.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
1717300476817.png

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
We lost to the team that will probably win the stanley cup. Were not a bad team. Now its a chess game bc example, we have Mika contract until 2030. Panarin and Trouba until 2025, but imo Panarin is pretty good. Trouba and Mika Id love to move but the contracts? Kreider, Fox, Laf, Goodrow, Vesey, Chytil, Trochek, Igor, Quick, Miller? Keep them plus Rempe. Cuylle, Roslovic, Wennberg, Kakko, Wheeler, Gusstafson all hit the road. Not sure about Schneider, Lindgren and Brodzinski

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Mika’s play this year and last has earned him a demotion to PP2 next season. Laviolette is crazy if he expects that one timer (which hasn’t been effective in 2 years) to be a top option on the PP. it just doesn’t feel dangerous when your go to looks are a pass on a tee for Zibanejad or a Kreider deflection. 2 things Florida pretty easily took away, and it neutered Panarin as a threat indirectly imo
Fox cornered himself the entire series, that neutered the PP.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Getting rid of Trouba is both incredibly needed and realistic

Getting rid of Mika is unfortunately incredibly needed and unrealistic

A lesser role is needed for Zibanejad. You trust Chytil at center in the top 6 next year? I sure as hell don’t. Mika and Kreider are flat out not good enough to be relied upon how they are. But that also doesn’t mean they are bad. It’s on the coaching staff to get them to buy in

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
I dont think its about getting rid of Z, Kreider, Trouba or Panarin. It's about making them less crucial to the success of the team/getting players around them that will drag them into the fight.

The Tro line is fine cause Tro and Laf will do the work when the time comes.

If K and Z are always gonna be the top matchup line, they need a RW that can be a bull. Ros, Kakko, Wheeler, Chytil, Wennberg aren't it.

With that being said, they are going to get a LD to play with Fox. His interview pretty much feels like that is the case.

I also think Othmann, Berard and Edstrom are full time next season. As is Jones.

I think we watched the last game as Rangers for Kakko, Chytil, Lindgren, Ros, Gus, and Wenn. Some of them have been around awhile, some haven't, but new things and changes are coming.

I'd actually keep Goodrow. We can afford it and he is one of the few with the right mentality when it matters. Is he shit in the regular season? Yeah. But when the going gets tough, he gets going.

Reactions: Wtp99

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Longtime lurker, I never post

I find it kinda remarkable that this fan base spent the entire year saying the team wasn’t good enough, bringing up their bad 5 on 5 play and that we did not play like a top contender ALL SEASON LONG

And are now somehow shocked and upset that the odds makers had us a step below the top teams, and that we lost to a team that the eye test and stats all said was a better team. Effort and heart doesn’t always equate success.

Personally I saw a team that was over matched and put it all on the line and still came up short. It sucks, I’m broken, I wanted them to pull it out because I think if the did, Edmonton and Dallas would be an easier series than this. I want changes to be made, specifically on defense and ideally getting a top line right winger. I do not think this core needs to be broken up. They had the most come from behind wins ever in an NHL season, that doesn’t happen with a core that “lacks heart:

They just need to get a bit better
This is a good regular season team......

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I'm not so sure about Lafreniere yet. I think so much of what he did this season was a by product of an all-world Panarin. That's not a bad thing because you need skill to do what he did regardless of linemates but does anyone really see him as an 80 point player without Panarin?

Kakko is just a sad thing.
Absof***inglutely. He had 55 points with very little PP time. He was also their best forward this series with Panarin MIA. He's a stud.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
What am I right about lol.

No im definitely not hilarious, just ask @Tob and @EdJovanovski, I’m the Jacob Trouba of humor.

Well if you're comparing yourself to @Tob then yeah.

No one has made me laugh harder than Tob. His comments on Peter Holland when he played here are etched into my mind for eternity and there are times where I will just randomly remember what he said and start laughing to myself. I did this while designing a rehab program for a client who just had a knee replacement and he wasn't very happy about it.

Reactions: Ail

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What am I right about lol.

No im definitely not hilarious, just ask @Tob and @EdJovanovski, I’m the Jacob Trouba of humor.
Most things.

The defense sucks and the offense is easy to defend. You've been beating those drums for years.

The top guys haven't given enough. I still think Kreider is fine but like, should Chris Kreider be your undisputed go-to goal-scorer in a tough spot? Probably the f*** not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad