Post-Game Talk: I don't have anything clever to put in the thread title

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I'm not so sure about Lafreniere yet. I think so much of what he did this season was a by product of an all-world Panarin. That's not a bad thing because you need skill to do what he did regardless of linemates but does anyone really see him as an 80 point player without Panarin?

Kakko is just a sad thing.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
We may have to face the facts that Fox may always get too banged up in the playoffs. Love the guy. But he's going to get hit A LOT in the playoffs. And every year he's getting dinged up badly. Maybe he can sort it out as he ages. But his durability in the playoffs is a concern. 100%.
He scored at literally twice the ppg rate the last two playoffs.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
I'm not so sure about Lafreniere yet. I think so much of what he did this season was a by product of an all-world Panarin. That's not a bad thing because you need skill to do what he did regardless of linemates but does anyone really see him as an 80 point player without Panarin?

Did you watch the playoffs? Laff was creating literally by himself. Laff is the best player on this team

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

Yes? Panarin wasn’t doing much against the Panthers and Laf was probably our best offensive forward. His 5v5 production is extremely high end

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
wow, vally saying on the post game they need to make big moves this offseason and how you cant teach guys attitude of getting into the slot and dirty areas. And how basically its not the coach, its the core. Wow.

Who can we move that is a problem? No one. Kakko doesn't move the meter.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
From an outsider's POV, although I watched a decent amount of NY this season due to fanatasy...

I wouldn't overreact. The Rangers are a very well built team, and nothing wrong with having your best player be your goaltender. Shesterkin is a top 3 goaltender in the league.

I kind of doubt Fox was healthy for this series, that's a huge factor. Dallas would likely be doing better if Hintz wasn't bandaged up. Panarin doesnt seem to have the same burst, I would be surprised if something injury related isn't revealed.

Add a little bit to that blue line, and roll it back. The Zibanejad contract is murder though.
My take is that if they aren’t gonna blow it up, they simply MUST replace and upgrade Trouba, that’s mission 1 above all else. And then next they need to go big game hunting and try to pull off a swap for a big name 1C with Mika going in that deal or a separate deal and then exchanging parts.

And if not for a superstar then for a young up and coming player who profiles as tough to play against in the playoffs but still has skill (think Lundell), and then use the cap savings to improve elsewhere. Trocheck becomes 1C.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
We may have to face the facts that Fox may always get too banged up in the playoffs. Love the guy. But he's going to get hit A LOT in the playoffs. And every year he's getting dinged up badly. Maybe he can sort it out as he ages. But his durability in the playoffs is a concern. 100%.
He's small and not the best skater. That's a bad combination.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013

Did you watch the playoffs?He produced in spite of Panarin.Panarin was the worst player on that line

steves3511

Jun 21, 2019
Longtime lurker, I never post

I find it kinda remarkable that this fan base spent the entire year saying the team wasn’t good enough, bringing up their bad 5 on 5 play and that we did not play like a top contender ALL SEASON LONG

And are now somehow shocked and upset that the odds makers had us a step below the top teams, and that we lost to a team that the eye test and stats all said was a better team. Effort and heart doesn’t always equate success.

Personally I saw a team that was over matched and put it all on the line and still came up short. It sucks, I’m broken, I wanted them to pull it out because I think if the did, Edmonton and Dallas would be an easier series than this. I want changes to be made, specifically on defense and ideally getting a top line right winger. I do not think this core needs to be broken up. They had the most come from behind wins ever in an NHL season, that doesn’t happen with a core that “lacks heart:

They just need to get a bit better

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Instead of singling out who sucked during these playoffs, I'll just post who I thought played well.

Igor
Laf
Tro
Vinny and Shesty for sure the best. Laffy a great coming of age playoff for him . Goodrow played his roll very well . He needs some serious kudos. 2 shorties and 4 even strength goals and 2 even strength helpers.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!

After this series?

Yes!

Between Panarin and Laf, Laf had better puck control, zone entries, and was not shy of going to the crease.

Laf-Tro-Kreider

And Laf becomes a staple on the PP.

Reactions: Wtp99 and trilobyte

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
It's wildly frustrating that we build these teams that are so close to being cup contenders, but have extreme flaws that are glaringly obvious, yet we always double down on them.

They have a great chance to be back here again next year if they just replace Trouba and Lindgren with players who aren't absolutely horrendous. But I'm confident we'll have Trouba playing 20+ a night and will probably given Lindgren a 5x5 contract this summer.
and we'll hope that Bread & Zbad can be the players they were in the reg season.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, won't get fooled again.

We are a DUMB DUMB DUMB franchise & thats why we have 4 cups in our entire history.

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
1000015614.gif

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
also what the f*** is the coaching staff doing? how many f***ING times did Trouba miss a big hit and give up a scoring chance this year? couldn't someone tell him not to do that shit? of course he does it tonight in the biggest game of the season and we give up a backbreaking goal. just horrible. he should've been benched. nobody should get their hopes up about us getting rid of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad