Post-Game Talk: I don't have anything clever to put in the thread title

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
They had 114 points and won 10 playoff games. They were beaten by a better team. IMO they would have beaten every other team in the league and that includes Edmonton and Dallas. Drury has drafted well. I like what is in the pipeline. A lot of tough to play against guys, with a mix of speed and skill. Changes need to be made but they honestly aren't that far away. It seems like that now but if the right moves are made I can see them getting over the hump.
I think there are a lot of tough to play against guys in the system, but I don't know that any are top 6 players. That's going to be the issue. Team needs a top 6 guy or two that are tough to play against. I'm not convinced this is merely about finding the right complimentary players to go around Zibby, Kreider, Panarin, Fox and Laffy. There's a top 6 piece or two missing... and it's not clear to me that we have that player in the system or on the roster.

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
Not to rehash the TDL. But how close (or far apart) were the Rangers really on Guentzel? I know there was the rumored directive from the top not to trade a 1st in any TDL deals because of the Sphere, but - really if that was the holdup on getting him, did the Rangers whiff on a golden opportunity of this season?

It was much easier to shut down the Rangers when you know all you have to do is smother the Panarin line. It looks a little bit different if you had another scorer in the mix knowing Zib was having an off year. Roslovic and Wennberg were not enough to move the needle.

This stings. Certainly doesnt help seeing promos for the new 1994 NYR doc on ESPN and having Sam’s “This one will last a lifetime….” line echoing through your brain. It’s really starting to feel that way, sadly.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
They had 114 points and won 10 playoff games. They were beaten by a better team. IMO they would have beaten every other team in the league and that includes Edmonton and Dallas. Drury has drafted well. I like what is in the pipeline. A lot of tough to play against guys, with a mix of speed and skill. Changes need to be made but they honestly aren't that far away. It seems like that now but if the right moves are made I can see them getting over the hump.
Management and coaches have to give people opportunities for anything to happen. The core is so entrenched that it's like a global incident to even move one of them down the lineup.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
I think there are a lot of tough to play against guys in the system, but I don't know that any are top 6 players. That's going to be the issue. Team needs a top 6 guy or two that are tough to play against. I'm not convinced this is merely about finding the right complimentary players to go around Zibby, Kreider, Panarin, Fox and Laffy. There's a top 6 piece or two missing... and it's not clear to me that we have that player in the system or on the roster.
actually... simply put (if you're old enough to remember this)...

This year's team was the Bernie Nicholls Rangers.

Not the Mark Messier Rangers.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Not to rehash the TDL. But how close (or far apart) were the Rangers really on Guentzel? I know there was the rumored directive from the top not to trade a 1st in any TDL deals because of the Sphere, but - really if that was the holdup on getting him, did the Rangers whiff on a golden opportunity of this season?

It was much easier to shut down the Rangers when you know all you have to do is smother the Panarin line. It looks a little bit different if you had another scorer in the mix knowing Zib was having an off year. Roslovic and Wennberg were not enough to move the needle.

This stings. Certainly doesnt help seeing promos for the new 1994 NYR doc on ESPN and having Sam’s “This one will last a lifetime….” line echoing through your brain. It’s really starting to feel that way, sadly.

Guebezel wasn’t helping this team overcome the Panthers forecheck. It would have been a waste of assets which they don’t have to waste

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
Hey, I had a lot of fun hangin out with you guys, hoping for a Rangers run for the cup.

The question now is do you want Fla to win it all, admitting theyre pretty damn good, or .. do you want that dish best served cold .. Revenge .. an Edmonton win.

Whatdya think, or dont you care which is also ok. I kinda dont care that much right now. Feeling emotionally exhausted.

Reactions: bl02

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

With this team Guentzel would have 1 goal in 8 playoffs games and -3. Hockey is different here.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Hey, I had a lot of fun hangin out with you guys, hoping for a Rangers run for the cup.

The question now is do you want Fla to win it all, admitting theyre pretty damn good, or .. do you want that dish best served cold .. Revenge .. an Edmonton win.

Whatdya think, or dont you care which is also ok. I kinda dont care that much right now. Feeling emotionally exhausted.
Always rooting for the west unless it's some rare oddity.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I honestly think Drury knows exactly what he needs to do and I do believe some significant changes will take place and that starts with the D.

I’m with you I think Drury gave this group a last shot to do it their way. I don’t see any of the big guys moved (outside shot Trouba is a sacrificial lamb but I don’t think offing the captain in a presidents trophy year where you go to the ECF is sound decision making). I think they need to transition more this year into it being Lafreniere/Fox/Trocheck/Drury’s team. The big guys are still involved but they need diminished roles (and say in their linemates)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad