Post-Game Talk: I don't have anything clever to put in the thread title

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don’t think anyone wants to burn it all down and start over. They want some hockey trades made with this core getting ripped apart, ala what Florida did

Oh not calling anyone up but I've read that we should trade everyone. If it's hockey trades, I guess that's different. But how often is a trade like the Tkachuk trade available?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Kid still didn't come close to peaking. His skating, zone entry, puck handling, shooting are there.

I'm calling it now. I was a Debbie Downer when it came to Kakko. Said he'd only get 15, he got 19.

Laffy is hitting 90 points next season. Money in the bank!

If he gets PP time he can hit it. He had had almost 40 even strength points in the last 50 games.

Reactions: Brutananadilewski

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Rememeber when I told that Igor hater to pay attention to the way Florida talked about him after the series...Well pay attention.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Mika’s play this year and last has earned him a demotion to PP2 next season. Laviolette is crazy if he expects that one timer (which hasn’t been effective in 2 years) to be a top option on the PP. it just doesn’t feel dangerous when your go to looks are a pass on a tee for Zibanejad or a Kreider deflection. 2 things Florida pretty easily took away, and it neutered Panarin as a threat indirectly imo
All Mika produces is on the PP.

I don’t disagree that he needs to be off it, but if you take him off PP1, he’s like a 35 point middle six center who goes inexplicably cold for long stretches, and then that again is not how to build a winning team.

He has to go too. If there’s no way to move him then the GM is just wasting time.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Well if you're comparing yourself to @Tob then yeah.

No one has made me laugh harder than Tob. His comments on Peter Holland when he played here are etched into my mind for eternity and there are times where I will just randomly remember what he said and start laughing to myself. I did this while designing a rehab program for a client who just had a knee replacement and he wasn't very happy about it.

Stop juggling my nuts

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
All Mika produces is on the PP.

I don’t disagree that he needs to be off it, but if you take him off PP1, he’s like a 35 point middle six center who goes inexplicably cold for long stretches, and then that again is not how to build a winning team.

He has to go too. If there’s no way to move him then the GM is just wasting time.

“If the GM doesn’t make an impossible trade, he should be fired” I’m happy you aren’t my boss

Reactions: FUZfan

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
He doesn't have to waive it....it is now a limited-NMC....he has to provide a list of 15-teams he can't be traded to.
True, but 'waive' was much quicker to type than 'I don't know how you convince Trouba to make sure that Utah isn't included on his no-trade list'.
Although now that I have written it anyway, yes I should have just put it in the original post...

• Haha
Reactions: majordomo

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I probably need a few days to decompress before I can really think constructively about this team’s future.

Unlike last year, there is a lot to look forward to. We’re in a much better place. Laf was the highlight of the season for me. That’s good.

But I truly believe the Rangers lost this series more than Florida won it. There are some seriously rotten players on this core. No team is winning with Zibanejad and Panarin playing meaningful minutes. It’s like Matthew’s and Marner. These guys are losers - it’s their DNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad