Recalled/Assigned: Hutchinson Back Up, Kaskisuo Sent Down

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Last coach didn't prevent him from making the routine saves or playing like he's wearing two blockers.
I don't think I've ever seen a goalie have such difficulty catching the puck.

I remember Glenn "Chico" Resch called The Monster Gustavsson's glove "the worst catch and release I've seen in the NHL. Jonas obviously didn't grow up playing catch with his Dad."

I would love to know how he feels about Hutch's fundamentals.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This a bit of a head scratching curious move.

When Andersen starts, Hutchinson sits on the bench and Kaskisuo plays in the AHL. When the backup starts they call up Kaskisuo. Maybe that works.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
When Andersen starts, Hutchinson sits on the bench and Kaskisuo plays in the AHL. When the backup starts they call up Kaskisuo. Maybe that works.

That's a very logical position to take as its all about development and so Kas getting playing time regularly. This move then suggest Leafs still believe Kaskisuo has some potential as a Leaf where Hutch is just a stop gap.

I guess we'll see if you're right and who plays in net in Leafs next back to back..

Last edited:

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Unless this is for cap purposes, I'm not really sure I understand this move.

Seems like the team lost all confidence in Hutchinson in Chicago, so I'm quite surprised he's back up.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
49 goalies have played 250+ minutes so far this year.

Hutch has faced the third most shots/60 and the highest high danger shots/60 while always having a team on the 2nd end of a back to back, sometimes against a rested opponent.

Cut the guy a little slack here. He went down and dominated in the AHL and deserves another shot with the new system like everyone else.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
One simple change I'd hope to see with the new coach is using the backup against the weaker opponent in back to back games. And occasionally use the starter in both back to back games then give him a rest against a weaker opponent later in the week.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Half expecting the leafs to trade for sparks. Looking like hubris to me.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Why do we have a goalie in net.

If andersen isn't playing, just play 6 skaters from 1st period

Reactions: glue

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Not brutal goals but 3 out of 4 were unscreened and from a distance. NHL goalies stop most of those even from snipers.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
These games are too important. Dubas is going to need to spend a prospect/pick or two to fix this issue. It'll probably require the other team retaining salary.

TMLS

Oct 30, 2013
London, Ontario
Hutchinson is garbage let in 3 goals already from 15 ft out no screen this game....should have kept Kasikou instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad