Recalled/Assigned: Hutchinson Back Up, Kaskisuo Sent Down

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
giphy.gif

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Keefe is familiar with both guys, and would likely have had a say in this move. Seems like he thinks he can get something out of Hutch, and I hope he can.

This is actually a great time to do this. Andersen plays against Detroit on Wednesday while Hutch gets his bearings. Then give Hutch the first of the b2b with Buffalo. He'll get to play behind a happier, more motivated, and rested "Keefe's Leafs" team.

Keep in mind, the 2nd of the b2b that Andersen gets is still a pretty good get, because the opposition is just as tired as you are.

Reactions: CincoHolio

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Keefe asked Kaskisuo to rank the goalies on the Leafs from best to worst. Kaskisuo was then shocked to learn that Keefe had corrected the list to include Hutchison instead of Kaskisuo

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I really don't want Hutch to play any games any time soon.

I'm scratching my head at this one.
Likely Dubie move. Maybe a trade. Maybe CAP. Maybe he is telling Hutch this is on Babs. Kask needs to play. But Keefe decided in playoffs last year to go Kask over Hutch (except 1 game).

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
2 more back to backs approaching, I'd rather trade for a back up. I still can't believe we didnt go for Louis Domingue

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
We shook it up by calling up Kaskisuo and Keefe. It feels like a step back bringing Hutchinson back so soon without giving Kaskiuso a short look. Hutchinson is likely the better option going forward, even with his record, but from a team morale perspective I think it would be nice to not have to play in front of Hutchinson for a bit longer.

I think Dubas wants to see Hutch in front of a Keefe coached hockey team to see if the need to upgrade is real or because of bad coaching. Potentially saving them from wasting a draft pick they didn't have to.

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Hutch in the Marlies this season:

3-0-0 sv%.942 GAA 1.95

If there's was a way to play himself back into the lineup, that is it.
Watching him punt pucks out into danger areas is still an issue. I tuned into highlights of the Marlies and he was still allowing scary rebounds and putting his defenders in odd positions.

Reactions: qqaz

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Hutch in the Marlies this season:

3-0-0 sv%.942 GAA 1.95

If there's was a way to play himself back into the lineup, that is it.
Beat me to it. He was really good in their OT win last week too.

He's coming in with the confidence from the above. I'm sure that they're telling him that he's starting over now.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Watching him punt pucks out into danger areas is still an issue. I tuned into highlights of the Marlies and he was still allowing scary rebounds and putting his defenders in odd positions.

I believe you. I'm sure he's not perfect, and he's going to have flaws. But he should be in a totally different state of mind with a new coach and some AHL wins fresh in memory.

I'm expecting him to hold down the job for the rest of the season, unless we snag a real upgrade nearer to the deadline.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I believe you. I'm sure he's not perfect, and he's going to have flaws. But he should be in a totally different state of mind with a new coach and some AHL wins fresh in memory.

I'm expecting him to hold down the job for the rest of the season, unless we snag a real upgrade nearer to the deadline.
I'm all for him finding his game under Keefe's system.
I just dont see him all of a sudden being able to control rebounds though.

The biggest problem with Hutchinson playing for the Leafs ; Andersen is a vacuum in contrast... making Hutch seem like his control is wayy less than average.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Did you say it was a screw up when he decided to give Barrie more ice time given his struggles?

I think everything needs to have a new lense with Babcock removed.

No, because even though he struggled it was evident that Barrie has signficant talents. Don't think that's the case for Hutch.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
No, because even though he struggled it was evident that Barrie has signficant talents. Don't think that's the case for Hutch.
I'm willing to take another look at him.

Ceci was bad, Barrie was bad, Spezza was bad...oh wait no they really weren't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad