HUT Thread Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Got Abdelkader, Ott, and Condra for the Hockey fights cancer player cards or whatever they are. No TOTW players though.

It's cool that they're doing that with Hockey Fights Cancer, but the only boosted player out of the entire bunch is Phaneuf. Could have at least given everyone a +1 or something.

Also, for Hockey Fights Cancer themed players, shouldn't they have guys like Saku Koivu and Phil Kessel?

LazyT

Feb 24, 2010
Michigan.
Just bought a Robin Lehner stats are 99 everything but is only a 96..? But anyway I put a 15 game duration on him, total of 16 games duration, any offers?

Xbox

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
OMG just pulled a hockey fights cancer JVR from an 8750 pack. It has N/A listed for average and last sold, also only 4 available. Anybody have any idea of its worth??

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
How is Darren Helm on faceoffs?

I'm thinking about replacing Sutter with him as my 3rd line center.

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
These are my big pulls after spending close to a million on gold packs,

Ott (HFC)
Cammalleri
Duchene
Horton x2
Abdelkader (HFC)
Nugent-Hopkins x3
Richards
Eller (HFC)
Condra (HFC) x2
Boyle
C. Stewart
St Louis
Kesler
Grabovski (SOTW) x2
Frolik (SOTW)

... and

STAMKOS (HFC)

Kylington

Slim Shady
Jan 17, 2013
What does your lineup look like? Also whenever I go on a losing streak, I try to remind myself to just play simple hockey and not try to overdo everything.

This. I just skate into their zone and load a slapper, either I get a goal, nice rebound or some pressure in the zone for more shots. Simple always works for me really... I tend to overdo lots of things, especially in PP.

Kylington

Slim Shady
Jan 17, 2013
I havent posted my team on here yet so i figured i would to see what you guys think
Kopitar, Zetterberg (C), Voracek​
Pominville, J Benn, Semin​
Richards, Backstrom , Carter​
Marchand, Kesler, D. Brown​

Hamhuis, Bouwmeester​
Shattenkirk, Bogosian​
Meszaros, Byfuglien​

Quick​
Backstrom​

Post what you think. I want to get Thorton and Gretzky eventually. Will be picking up giroux for philly collection debating if i am going to keep him. Right now i have 550k pucks and have completed Calgary, Carolina, Dallas, LA, Phoenix, and Winnipeg

Are you on Xbox? I would like to borrow 4 players from Calgary to complete them if you still have them. Ill give 1/3rd of reward and collateral if you want :)

Winger14

Sep 17, 2013
This. I just skate into their zone and load a slapper, either I get a goal, nice rebound or some pressure in the zone for more shots. Simple always works for me really... I tend to overdo lots of things, especially in PP.

I find I'm really struggling with power plays this year. Last year I used Shooting style exclusively and loved it, this year I find the AI spacing is atrocious. I've been trying Overload but having the same problem. I'll go down low on the left side and my RW will be wide open for a one timer and...he'll skate backwards aimlessly to the top of the circle and fan on the shot.

Jurco

Healthy Scratch
Oct 28, 2011
Some dude is running a monopoly on SOTW Ellers, they're up for 150k each. Christ.

Kylington

Slim Shady
Jan 17, 2013
I am trying to sell my Crosby, so if anyone is interested go ahead and shoot me an offer. Also, I sold my team a couple days ago so I am starting from scratch. Anyone have some suggestions for good line combinations? I like to use some bigger guys and powerforwards, but it is always nice to have a good playmaker or shooter who can be reliable (I may try a line of Kopitar, Richards, and Brown all from LA, anyone play with them?). Some good D line combos would be nice too. Thanks for any suggestions!

Wish I could start from scratch as well with a decent amount of pucks... would be refreshing haha.

Cammalleri and Yakupov have been worth every puck I've spent on them. Cammalleri has the C and Yak one of the A's. Cammalleri is a total beast with silky hands and awesome speed.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
So over the course of this game, I've got so many bad packs, not one great pull. Today I decide to open two premium golds (8750 each) and I pull a Hockey Fights Cancer JVR and a Drew Doughty. Could honestly not believe it. :yo:

Kylington

Slim Shady
Jan 17, 2013
I find I'm really struggling with power plays this year. Last year I used Shooting style exclusively and loved it, this year I find the AI spacing is atrocious. I've been trying Overload but having the same problem. I'll go down low on the left side and my RW will be wide open for a one timer and...he'll skate backwards aimlessly to the top of the circle and fan on the shot.

Yeah, those one timers apparently only work for me in 5on5 with Crash the net strategy haha.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
if anyone wants a seabrook on xbox let me know i accidentaly bought one for 90K Thinking it was a steal because i confused him with keith for a second :facepalm:

Also lending out

Abbotsford
Adirondack
Albany

Gives you 30K and me 15K in about 20 minutes.

Also have a TOTW Grabovski.

just bought A JVR cancer fighter. put him back up for 50K BIN get him while hes hot!

Last edited:

Pitboy43

PS4
Dec 2, 2012
Chicago, IL PS4
Opened one gold jumbo today after blowing 140k on them last night and getting nothing. That one pack? Had claude giroux in it :D

I'm on PS3, if anyone's interested let me know your offers. I would be willing to trade him straight up for patty kane if you have him!

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
may just sell my AHL collections if anyone wants them.. keep in mind that if you havent already gotten the bonus thats pretty much 15K how much you would have to pay for each one

will take offers on my Abbotsford, Albany and Adirondack collections.

Silky Mittenz

Sep 26, 2013
Just completed the Phoenix and Calgary collections on PS3 if anyone is interested in buying them or swapping them send me a PM

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
How many pucks does it cost to put together a collection like Calgary or Florida? Seems like it wouldn't be too expensive. Also, how does the exchange of collections work? I see a bunch of guys asking to trade collections, how do you guys do it?

Jacob8hockey*

I would definitely be down to spend $10 on some packs if EA said it all went (or even 50%) went to cancer research but since I doubt they would do that ill just spend pucks on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad