HUT Thread Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
How much do you guys spend on getting packs?

I've been buying gold packs (the 8,750 ones) mostly, and have gotten garbage, and the only time I got lucky was when I got Kesler and Lucic in one pack. Nothing else, though.

Is the key to a good team actually spending money or is it just perseverance and luck?

Habsfan09

Oct 5, 2013
9-0-1 since hitting Div.1

Had some kid go up 1-0 in the 2nd and he ragged the puck from that moment forward, scored a goal to tie it up with 8 seconds left and crushed him in the shoot-out. Got this msg after I called him out (along with several others):

had to counter the ****in ice tilt **** so sure u win all those faceoffs enjoy the gift joke
Message will expire in 30 days | Block user

.....yup, backhand sticklift beats forehand 99% of the time lol.

NormMac

Nov 23, 2011
Calgary
How much do you guys spend on getting packs?

I've been buying gold packs (the 8,750 ones) mostly, and have gotten garbage, and the only time I got lucky was when I got Kesler and Lucic in one pack. Nothing else, though.

Is the key to a good team actually spending money or is it just perseverance and luck?

Packs are almost always a waste of coins. Learn to work the market and you will make hundreds of thousands. What I did was started off buying gold training cards for under 3500 and selling for 3900. After you get to 20k ish then start scanning the player market. Just my two cents .

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
Okay guys just made a BLOCKBUSTER, need advice on who won

Team A gets:
Patrick Sharp+65K

Team B gets:
James Neal+Jonathon Drouin+Nathan MacKinnon

Thoughts? Take into account not only playing style and name value but also market value as well

Thanks

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012

Team A gets:
Patrick Sharp+65K

Team B gets:

Thoughts? Take into account not only playing style and name value but also market value as well

Thanks

My own opinion not knowing the market on those players exactly atm. I'd say Team B Won, and I'd take a B package over the A package. Neal I could see selling for $50-80 along with Drouin and Mackinnon selling for $30 or so each.

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
My own opinion not knowing the market on those players exactly atm. I'd say Team B Won, and I'd take a B package over the A package. Neal I could see selling for $50-80 along with Drouin and Mackinnon selling for $30 or so each.

That's the side I got :)

Believe it or not market value makes it almost even in value but I really like the deal

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

Team A gets:
Patrick Sharp+65K

Team B gets:

Thanks

If this was on PS3, based on the current market I'd say Team B wins.

Sharp (~55-60K) + 65K = 120-125K

Neal (~70-80K) + Drouin (~30K) + MacKinnon (only one on the market right now for 60K, but could go for same price as Drouin) = 130K-160K

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
If this was on PS3, based on the current market I'd say Team B wins.

Sharp (~55-60K) + 65K = 120-125K

Neal (~70-80K) + Drouin (~30K) + MacKinnon (only one on the market right now for 60K, but could go for same price as Drouin) = 130K-160K

Yessir PS3

I like it more and more, thanks guys

TimbeS

Jan 24, 2013
Finland
Won my 3rd div 1. champion title. SOTW Bernier was just stellar. He had 3 shutouts in 5 games. Bäckström played the other games and was good too. My final season record was 9-0-1. GO GET SOTW BERNIER!

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
Team update:
Pucks: 15K

Giroux-Spezza-Ryan (all OTT)
Neal-Backstrom-Hossa (all CHI)
Drouin-MacKinnon-Frk (all Halifax)
Hartnell-Lecavalier-Simmonds/Voracek

Campbell-Green
Garrison-Schultz
Gardiner-S. Jones

Bobrovsky
Niemi

Extras:
TOTW Backes
Nabakov
Pavelec
Emery
Mason

Suggestions of where to improve / change?

TimbeS

Jan 24, 2013
Finland
Team update:

Campbell-Green
Garrison-Schultz
Gardiner-S. Jones

Bobrovsky
Niemi

Extras:
TOTW Backes
Nabakov
Pavelec
Emery
Mason

Your offense is pretty good already, work on defense maybe? Get Jack Johnson. He's a monster. Also Doughty is the best d-man I've tried yet, but he's expensive. Zach Bogosian and Victor Hedman are great cheap players.

Pitboy43

PS4
Dec 2, 2012
Chicago, IL PS4
Team update:

Campbell-Green
Garrison-Schultz
Gardiner-S. Jones

Bobrovsky
Niemi

Extras:
TOTW Backes
Nabakov
Pavelec
Emery
Mason

Improve your D for sure. Yandle - Seabrook was the bomb for me. I'd swap schultz for bieksa if you can; bieksa is a monster at checking and plays some pretty good D imo

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
Your offense is pretty good already, work on defense maybe? Get Jack Johnson. He's a monster. Also Doughty is the best d-man I've tried yet, but he's expensive. Zach Bogosian and Victor Hedman are great cheap players.

Good advice thanks.

I'm actually getting Couture in another trade, but don't see a spot to slide him in the offense

Might deal him for defense.

If anyone is interested in a creative swap of Couture for defense, PM me

BustaKapanen

May 14, 2011
speakin of d i just got a gonchar totw in a pack never really paid attention to that card, he looks like quite the bargain i was gonna sell him but for what hes goin for its not really worth it 2 me for 10k. if u factor in a guy like duncan keith is like 150 plus. his attributes arent really that far off for 140k+ less. think im gonna try him on my 3rd pairing and top pp.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Team update:

Campbell-Green
Garrison-Schultz
Gardiner-S. Jones

Bobrovsky
Niemi

Extras:
TOTW Backes
Nabakov
Pavelec
Emery
Mason

Loving' the Team, Ranger. If you have Voracek as a spare, I could use him.

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
Okay someone just offered me Mike Smith for Couture

I wasn't gonna use Couture, just wanted him as a trade chip

Listed my team above. Good trade or should I keep looking for a Dman?

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Okay someone just offered me Mike Smith for Couture

I wasn't gonna use Couture, just wanted him as a trade chip

Listed my team above. Good trade or should I keep looking for a Dman?

Couture is a nice piece but I'd go after Defence. Seidenberg is a pretty steady Defenceman for cheap. Also try and go for a Hedman/Bogosian pairing. They're deadly and don't get out-raced is footraces.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Team update:

Campbell-Green
Garrison-Schultz
Gardiner-S. Jones

Bobrovsky
Niemi

Extras:
TOTW Backes
Nabakov
Pavelec
Emery
Mason

TOTW Backes has been nothing but great for me. I put an "A" on him, changed him to RW and he destroys everything and has an amazing shot. Give him a try if you feel you need a change on either RW or C. Not terrible at faceoffs either.

Defense definitely could use a change. As others have said, Bogosian and Hedman are very good options and other guys like Edler and E. Johnson can be had for cheap. Yandle is also very good and plays much better for me than I expected with his 85 OVR.

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
TOTW Backes has been nothing but great for me. I put an "A" on him, changed him to RW and he destroys everything and has an amazing shot. Give him a try if you feel you need a change on either RW or C. Not terrible at faceoffs either.

Defense definitely could use a change. As others have said, Bogosian and Hedman are very good options and other guys like Edler and E. Johnson can be had for cheap. Yandle is also very good and plays much better for me than I expected with his 85 OVR.

TOTW Backes was awesome for me as well! It's just he doesn't really fit with the rest of my lines.

And thanks for the defense suggestions! I'm loving Mike Green, definitely want to surround him with other good defenseman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad