Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -V - all still silent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Bruins only have X amount of cap space. If they cant fit him, they need to go with the Gs they already have. Unless you think they should dump someone to give him extra money?
All I’m saying is that’s not up to Swaymans agent to figure out. Whatever they feel the player is worth, that’s going to be the asking price.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
This is really just baseless speculation, but part of my feels like Swayman is hellbent on proving himself as a true #1 now that the tandem is gone and wants to be in contention for the Vezina. I just don't imagine him wanting to let the hold out spill into the regular season and hurt his chances there. Or maybe he cares more about money and sticking it to Sweeney 🤷‍♂️
Maybe. Maybe Sweeney wants to get passed the 2nd round this year and win a Cup for the first time. Or maybe he cares more about money and sticking it to Swayman.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
All I’m saying is that’s not up to Swaymans agent to figure out. Whatever they feel the player is worth, that’s going to be the asking price.
It's the agent's job to figure it out. Swayman doesn't have a contract. He can't sign for an NHL team other than the Bruins this year. He better have a SHL team lined up as a backup if his asking price isn't met.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It's the agent's job to figure it out. Swayman doesn't have a contract. He can't sign for an NHL team other than the Bruins this year. He better have a SHL team lined up as a backup if his asking price isn't met.
It just takes two to tango. Too many people here acting like Swayman should accept whatever pennies Sweeney has to offer, and not to try maximize his value.

Not to mention Bruins still have a few bucks to spend.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
It just takes two to tango. Too many people here acting like Swayman should accept whatever pennies Sweeney has to offer, and not to try maximize his value.

Not to mention Bruins still have a few bucks to spend.
I think Swayman overplayed his hand with no leverage and the Bruins are getting ready to walk.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
More BS about Swayman having "no leverage". :laugh:
What exactly is his leverage?

Holding out?
Hoping Boston's other goalies faulter?
Request a trade?
Price himself out of Boston's economic plan?
Doing so may force Boston to trade other player's hurting overall team depth just to fit the cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad