HUT Thread Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger14

Sep 17, 2013
Is it just me or is there something wrong with all RD being right-handed and all LD being left-handed?

snizzbone*

Is it just me or is there something wrong with all RD being right-handed and all LD being left-handed?

Yeah EA is too lazy to look up who actually plays which side, they just go by handedness. Example = Dion Phaneuf, he plays RD IRL but is a LD in this.

presidentCarter

Waterbury Open?
Jan 3, 2013
Worldwide
Holy sh|t just played the most INSANE game ever.

I had a 76 ovr Makarov in net and he led 4-0 after the first 10 MIN. of the first. Literally all of his shots were going in. I went beast mode in the final 10 min. of the 1st, scoring 4 of my own. (Spezza had 3)
He led 6-4 after 2, but I somehow tied it twice in the 3rd to make it 7-7 going into OT. (SPEZZA w/ 5 GENO's)

Went to the 10th round of the shootout, goal after goal, he finally missed the net! Won 8-7 after being down 4-0 early in the first. Never give up folks.

EDIT: Record now 25-2-2.. 97th in the world this month. Xbox

Last edited:

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
After being held in Division 1 I've started out this season badly, going 0-1-1. Lost my first game 3-2 in regulation and then just lost 4-3 in Overtime. I picked up a Lindback for cheap, giving him a second chance but he was poop. I need a Goalie. Anderson, Bishop and Lindback haven't been good.

Alex72

Sep 23, 2012
After being held in Division 1 I've started out this season badly, going 0-1-1. Lost my first game 3-2 in regulation and then just lost 4-3 in Overtime. I picked up a Lindback for cheap, giving him a second chance but he was poop. I need a Goalie. Anderson, Bishop and Lindback haven't been good.

Lehtonen, Bernier, and Varlamov have all been EXCELLENT for me, I've been cycling through like 30 goalies just trying them, no big names really, but those 3 have been my go to goalies.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Lehtonen, Bernier, and Varlamov have all been EXCELLENT for me, I've been cycling through like 30 goalies just trying them, no big names really, but those 3 have been my go to goalies.

Tried Varly, he was lackluster. Bernier is a LAFF, and Lehtonen will be another Anderson, along with him being garbage for me last year.

Gave my 3 star team a go to see If I could have Ice Tilt work in my favor, and I lost. Looks like a break from HUT will be in my future.

Hrad

Dec 30, 2009

Yep Lindback is pure garbage.
Mason has been pretty decent for me.
Smith (PHX) is meh
Markstrom (FLA) is "OK"

Mason is still my go-to guy. You should give him a shot.

6 Karlsson 5

Aug 9, 2012
moving on to div 9 dominated div 10 the score
game 1. 4-2 W - first online game

game 2. 4-1 W - could have been higher i scored 4 in the first period the just dump n chase

game 3. 3-1 W - Best game i played the puck was stuck to my stick even i know half the time i should have lost the puck

game 4. 9-0 W - just kept on scoring

i recommend
tarsenko - beast can do everything and can take a hit
oel - steady fast and big enough to hit and take a hit
semin - beauty hits hard shots insane has sick hands
kuliemen (sp?) - solid if looking for a cheap player...hes on my top line and ppg i think

TheQuackAttack

Jan 11, 2012
Tried Varly, he was lackluster. Bernier is a LAFF, and Lehtonen will be another Anderson, along with him being garbage for me last year.

Gave my 3 star team a go to see If I could have Ice Tilt work in my favor, and I lost. Looks like a break from HUT will be in my future.

What? You can lose with a 3 star team? Come on. The worse team always wins.

Maybe try a trained goalie. Campbell kept me in a really rough game. Pickard looks to be great. Lehner may also be a wonder.

Picked up a Subban for 150k. Got a long list of LF on Ps3 if anyone around here is trading top guys. I have 1.5m pucks to work with.

Winger14

Sep 17, 2013
Holy crap I take back every time I said ice tilt wasn't a real thing. Just upgraded my chemistry and team a bit more and all of a sudden...wtf. Outshoot a guy 29-20 and lose 7-3. Play a weak team and none of my passes connect, my hits do nothing and my goalie (Fleury) is a sieve, lose 5-1. What is this ****?

noexult

Oct 24, 2011
Oslo
Last 4 matches I've had either 0 or 1 goal against and been scoring 3-5 goals by midgame. Had a few that just left after going down lately, and I've been playing with:

Marleau 92 - Couture 96/98 - Hall 99
Pavelski 87 - Thornton 90 - Havlat 84
Kessel 88 - Hertl 85 - Pacioretty 88
Boedker 91 - Vermette 83 - Vrbata 84

Gardiner 96 - Boyle 89
Phaneuf 87 - Franson 83
Staal 87 - S. Jones 99

Markstrom 96
Makorov 86

Haven't noticed any ice tilt after promoting to 6th div ...either I've been "lucky" with my opponents or they are just getting worse.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Here is my lineup, held in division 4.

Berglund-Stastny-Stewart(C)
Roy-Rutuu-Williams
Cole-Hanzal-Vrbata
Johansson-O'Reilly-Grabovski

Gorges-Timonen
Giordano-Tyutin
Garrison-Faulk
Jackman

Elliott
Biron
Poulin

I offered Stastny, Gorges, Garrison, Roy and 3k for Kesler. Probably won't get it but I want to build my team around Kesler.

Hrad

Dec 30, 2009
Holy crap I take back every time I said ice tilt wasn't a real thing. Just upgraded my chemistry and team a bit more and all of a sudden...wtf. Outshoot a guy 29-20 and lose 7-3. Play a weak team and none of my passes connect, my hits do nothing and my goalie (Fleury) is a sieve, lose 5-1. What is this ****?

All my recent games have looked like this or worse:

X9vSoXE.jpg

Ever since being promoted to D2

Winger14

Sep 17, 2013
I just got relegated to Div 5. Unbelievable.

This is my lineup right now:

Hartnell-JStaal (PHI)-Voracek (93)
Heatley (A)-MKoivu (A)-Franzen (MIN)
Kunitz-Lecavalier-DBrown
Umberger-Dubinsky-Callahan

Hedman (C)-Carlson
Seidenberg-Boychuk
Edler-Bogosian

Fleury
Pavelec (only when Fleury is fatigued, otherwise scrub)

I'm tempted to blow up and start over, or at least get rid of my high-end guys.

Winger14

Sep 17, 2013
Oh and then I rage-spent 40K in pucks and ended up with nothing, so that helped.

Psyfer

Mar 1, 2008
Toronto
Last 4 matches I've had either 0 or 1 goal against and been scoring 3-5 goals by midgame. Had a few that just left after going down lately, and I've been playing with:

Marleau 92 - Couture 96/98 - Hall 99
Pavelski 87 - Thornton 90 - Havlat 84
Kessel 88 - Hertl 85 - Pacioretty 88
Boedker 91 - Vermette 83 - Vrbata 84

Gardiner 96 - Boyle 89
Phaneuf 87 - Franson 83
Staal 87 - S. Jones 99

Markstrom 96
Makorov 86

Haven't noticed any ice tilt after promoting to 6th div ...either I've been "lucky" with my opponents or they are just getting worse.

Yeah there wasn't any real competition until the higher divisions for me, went like 29-4-1 to start and now 68-24-6

Vikingstad

**** the King
May 1, 2011
Vancouver
I'm in division 2 and I played a guy yesterday who has a very weird method of playing.

The sliders felt like they were way off. Everyone was faster than normal and for some reason, the way the guy played was he shoved me off the puck, not with big checks not with stick lifts or pokechecks, he just light shoved me and I would get bumped off. And he had one go-to move where he skates into either corner of my end, then quickly cuts and circles until he gets an opening to my net and then skates across and shoots or one times it.

First game I was completely taken unaware by this weird style+gameplay, lost 4-1. Second game I focused on completely shutting him down and only gave him low percentage shots. While doing this I ended up sacrificing nearly all of my offense + I still wasnt use to how to get the puck into his zone with the weird defensive techniques.

In the end shots were 22-4 for him. I won 1-0. He made one mistake where he decided to take away a one timer on a 2 on 1, and since I'm the type of player that doesnt like scoring easy ways (Backhand forhands, cross creasers), I sniped it shortside. Goes to show how fragile your game is, one mistake and the games over.

EDIT: There wasnt ice tilt, we had pretty even teams.

My current roster:

Boedker-Hanzal(C)-Ribeiro
Perron-Gagner-Jagr
M.Foligno-Wilson-Iginla
Joensuu-Gordon-Coyle

Hedman(A)-Ekman-Larsson(A)
J.Schultz-E.Johnson
Petry-Schenn

Dubnyk
Bishop

Boedker is an absolute beast, if anyone hasn't tried him, I absolutely reccommend. Fast, hits hard, and can score with the best of them.

Hanzal is a stud center, if you give him the captaincy, hes easily one of the best 2nd line centers in the game. Not necessarily a 1st line center because hes got a little less offensive potential, but hes far and away leading my team in points. Great on the PK and generally stripping people of the puck with sheer force. Clutch goals too (mostly because he destroys people and strips them of the puck for good chances)

Jagr is a great option to have. If you dont want him on your 2nd line, keep him on the 3rd. Hes got great hands and puck protection, makes him money on the powerplay and great if you use a strong cycle game.

M.Foligno is 79 overall, but he plays like hes an 83 or something. Strong on the puck, hits hard, has decent offense. Good underrated pickup.

Coyle is a great 4th line option. Hes got enough speed and checking ability to make him a nuisance on the forcheck. Good PK option too.

Hedman is an all around D, everything you can ask for. Smooth skater, Huge size leading to big hits and easy poke checks, and decent hands and shot, although I wouldnt want him QB'ing my PP.

Ekman-Larsson is the most underrated defenseman in the game IMO. Skates great, great hands, great shot, enough size to take and give hits well, and is defensively responsible. Great PPQB and helluva one timer. My all around best D man.

E.Johnson, I havnt used him for too long, but from what I see hes a very mobile defensive D man. Doesnt have good offensive instincts, but good enough pass to make some decent stretch passes, and great overall physical defensive game.

The rest have nothing really special about them. I'm looking to change most players I havn't talked about.

Last edited:

Net Front Presence

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 29, 2009
Has anyone been able to complete St. Louis collection? It says I am missing two jerseys but there aren't any different ones. Supposedly there are two sets of the throwback jerseys for some reason.

presidentCarter

Waterbury Open?
Jan 3, 2013
Worldwide
I'm looking for solid 2nd liners... Anyone know some good ones? I currently have E. Kane, Jeff Carter & Pominville. Carter is the only consistent one...

1st line is Neal-Spezza-Ryan which is a monster line btw. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

TheQuackAttack

Jan 11, 2012
Has anyone been able to complete St. Louis collection? It says I am missing two jerseys but there aren't any different ones. Supposedly there are two sets of the throwback jerseys for some reason.

St Louis, NYR, and Philly are all impossible to collect due to jersey glitches.

snizzbone*

I've been slumping hard after winning the div1/league championship title. Record is about .500 over the course of 30 games or so. Had a streak of like 1-5-4 at one point. As soon as I got moved back down to div2 I went undefeated back up to div1.. at least the tiering seems to be doing its job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad