OT: Hurricanes Off Topic Lounge XI: The Numbers All Go to 11.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I'm ready!!!

0lJzC7n.jpg

Awwwww. ****.

Oh, Solidworks. How I (don't) miss thee.

Although we didn't have those tutorials like you do. Ours was based out of a book at Clemson with in-person instruction.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Oh, Solidworks. How I (don't) miss thee.

Although we didn't have those tutorials like you do. Ours was based out of a book at Clemson with in-person instruction.

I can already tell it sucks. Never a good sign.

Oh. And while I'm on things that suck. **** statics. My God. :shakehead

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
BREAKING: HtCH was able to join and I am able to rescheduled the draft for 10 TONIGHT...please let me know if this original time is good for people, if you want to do a bit later tonight, or stay at 10 tomorrow night.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
That's 3 for tonight, if we can get a couple more on board I'll just go with tonight. That can be 10, 10:30 or whenever.

EDIT: 4 for tonight...

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I can already tell it sucks. Never a good sign.

Oh. And while I'm on things that suck. **** statics. My God. :shakehead

Sorry about the delayed response...but you're not in the Anna Howard fan club?

Oh, and Solidworks is actually somewhat fun. Don't knock it until you learn some of the cool stuff you can do.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Sorry about the delayed response...but you're not in the Anna Howard fan club?

Oh, and Solidworks is actually somewhat fun. Don't knock it until you learn some of the cool stuff you can do.

Nah. I'm not. I understand that she may say she doesn't try to come across as rude but that's all I ever hear in what she says. For instance, my group had been working on one of the problems for like 10 minutes and then she put up the answer for everyone. One of the guys in my group asked a question as she was walking around the class and she simply responded "Talk with your group." Well yeah, we just spent the last 10 minutes doing that. And it's not like she wanted us to work it out on our own because she went to another group and talked with them for a while. And another thing that rustled my jimmies a little was when I was the recorder (don't know if you had hybrid class or not) and had my coursepack out for me to write a few things down on. As soon as she noticed everyone in my group had theirs out, she jumped on me and asked "Do you really need your own?" Just little things like that. I try to not fixate on it though. Guess it's just something I'll have to deal with. I haven't really found the class to be difficult. I'm sure that'll come in due time though.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Nah. I'm not. I understand that she may say she doesn't try to come across as rude but that's all I ever hear in what she says. For instance, my group had been working on one of the problems for like 10 minutes and then she put up the answer for everyone. One of the guys in my group asked a question as she was walking around the class and she simply responded "Talk with your group." Well yeah, we just spent the last 10 minutes doing that. And it's not like she wanted us to work it out on our own because she went to another group and talked with them for a while. And another thing that rustled my jimmies a little was when I was the recorder (don't know if you had hybrid class or not) and had my coursepack out for me to write a few things down on. As soon as she noticed everyone in my group had theirs out, she jumped on me and asked "Do you really need your own?" Just little things like that. I try to not fixate on it though. Guess it's just something I'll have to deal with. I haven't really found the class to be difficult though. I'm sure that'll come in due time though.

I didn't have the hybrid class, so that probably explains some of your frustration. From what I heard, that class sucked even worse than the regular version of the class. For us, she just lectured rather than having us try to do the problems ourselves, with problems every so often in pairs that we'd have to do.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I didn't have the hybrid class, so that probably explains some of your frustration. From what I heard, that class sucked even worse than the regular version of the class. For us, she just lectured rather than having us try to do the problems ourselves, with problems every so often in pairs that we'd have to do.

Yep. I'd take a regular class over hybrid any day of the week. I can't compare workload but I just understand things way better if the teacher is, you know, doing the teaching.

Lucky Lindy

Jun 24, 2012
Stockholm
I will not say what I am really thinking.

How bad is traffic?

Haha, very bad. Many roads in Stockholm is closed and the only way to travel today (and tomorrow) is with the metro or train. And our national TV has an "Obama-vigil" from 10 A.M until like 17.20 P.M. Hilarious.

It's like this is the biggest thing since sliced bread.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Stealing from a main board thread about favorite hockey movies, what are your favorites? Keep in mind if you don't say Slap Shot, I will regard your opinion on all matters not worth my time:sarcasm:

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Slap Shot
Miracle
Mystery, Alaska
The Rocket (French movie on Maurice Richard)
Goon
Mighty Ducks movies
Youngblood
Slap Shot II and various other budget, crappy hockey movies I'm forgetting now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad