OT: Hurricanes Off Topic Lounge XI: The Numbers All Go to 11.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Gotta love the Clemson fans treating this game like a national championship game. Nothing to be sorry about as you guys provide great comedy with your overreactions to this win. UGA is a team we've beaten 3 years in a row (not to mention they were a better team last year and we beat them 35-7) and we've already beaten Clemson 4 years in a row, likely to make it 5 in a row since it's at Williams-Brice this year and Clemson still has zero defense. No doubt this is the Clemson's high point of the season even if they win the ACC championship and beat whatever second tier BCS conference team the BCS will pair them against.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Gotta love the Clemson fans treating this game like a national championship game. Nothing to be sorry about as you guys provide great comedy with your overreactions to this win. UGA is a team we've beaten 3 years in a row (not to mention they were a better team last year and we beat them 35-7) and we've already beaten Clemson 4 years in a row, likely to make it 5 in a row since it's at Williams-Brice this year and Clemson still has zero defense. No doubt this is the Clemson's high point of the season even if they win the ACC championship and beat whatever second tier BCS conference team the BCS will pair them against.

Or...you're completely misinterpreting what I'm typing and putting words in my mouth. It's not the national championship at all. I understand that. But either way, it's playing arguably our second biggest game of the year (behind the Gamecocks) in the first week of the year. Regarding next week, just wished you guys luck in a harmless manner. Do I think you'll beat Georgia? Absolutely. Am I upset about that fact? No. I'm also not going to pretend that the ACC is anything close to the SEC, or that we're some surefire bet to win this year. You guys are still the better team until proven otherwise. I just enjoy talking trash here and there, as do you and garnetpalmetto back my way. I'm the same way with all of the UNC fans during basketball season, even though they're the better team there as well.

The zero defense comment is very harsh though. The team has come quite a long way in that regard in the past two years. It's still not SEC quality, but it's not quite as awful as it was back with Kevin Steele. We had one year to adjust to the schemes Venables installed, and then one game against what was (probably unjustly) ranked as the #5 team in the nation. Give it a little bit longer before you trash the defense that has had its inconsistencies but shown flashes of strength.

EDIT: And if this wasn't really directed at me in general, as I can't really tell...carry on with your night.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Athens shall revolt when the Gamecocks beat them next week and they go 0-2 against the "other" Carolina ;)

PS - I'd like to personally thank the Washington Huskies for salvaging my gambling tonite, Because of them, I'm actually up $45 instead of being down $50 (******* you Iowa :sarcasm:)

In all seriousness tho, Northwestern and Wisconsin are now officially the only B1G teams I'll lay money on (maybe Minny once in a while), the others are all a gong show.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
1150876_10101672254435627_173189144_n.jpg

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Mentioned this a couple weeks back, but couldn't remember the repsonses...anyone interested in doing a fantasy football league for the board? I wouldn't mind setting it up, but wanted to see if we had enough interested before doing so.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Mentioned this a couple weeks back, but couldn't remember the repsonses...anyone interested in doing a fantasy football league for the board? I wouldn't mind setting it up, but wanted to see if we had enough interested before doing so.

If you do end up setting it up, I'd be down for it. Might get a bit tiring trying to do two football leagues and one hockey, but I'll probably be able to manage it well enough.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Alright, sounds good.

What website do people like? I've used ESPN for the past few years and been pretty happy with everything there.

I'm not a fan of Yahoo after the redesign, but either of Yahoo or ESPN is fine by me because of mobile apps.

And no, Tripp. I don't mean appetizers. :sarcasm:

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I'm not a fan of Yahoo after the redesign, but either of Yahoo or ESPN is fine by me because of mobile apps.

And no, Tripp. I don't mean appetizers. :sarcasm:

Definitely like the new ESPN mobile app, mobile drafting is a nice feature. Also Yahoo refuses to load on my computer, so that probably wouldn't have worked for me :laugh:

I went ahead and made the league on ESPN, everything standard scoring at the moment. If you want in, just PM me your preferred email address and I'll send you an invite.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Just gonna bump this again. We currently have 3 people for the fantasy football league, looking for a few more so we can draft in time. PM with your email if interested....at all...seriously, any tiny amount of interest will do :laugh:

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I can't make the draft tonight, but could be able to if it were pushed back to around 10pm.

Well, I couldn't stick around to finish it if it started at 10 unless I were to switch to mobile drafting. Meeting with some people to finish up some homework at 11.

However, it really depends on if we get enough people within the next few hours. As of right now, it looks like we'll be starting a week late.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
That's fine for me, does that work for everyone else?

Edit: the mobile drafting actually works very well, and with 8 teams it should only last between 30-45 minutes.

Out of curiousity, how many people DO we have? I know CI has expressed interest, but besides that, who else have you gotten a PM from?

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Out of curiousity, how many people DO we have? I know CI has expressed interest, but besides that, who else have you gotten a PM from?

Smurf karlsson, Garnetpalmetto, and CI. I've sent invites to the last two, and I just need an email address for SK. So assuming they join in time, we still need 2 more for an 8 team league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad