OT: Hurricanes Off Topic Lounge XI: The Numbers All Go to 11.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I'm going to hijack this thread for a fantasy football question (my other league).

For this week, after Peyton...should I start:

A) Dalton against the Bears
B) Rivers against the Texans
C) Somebody else (Tannehill, Pryor, Bradford, Gabbert:sarcasm:) that I drop Rivers for

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I'm going to hijack this thread for a fantasy football question (my other league).

For this week, after Peyton...should I start:

A) Dalton against the Bears
B) Rivers against the Texans
C) Somebody else (Tannehill, Pryor, Bradford, Gabbert:sarcasm:) that I drop Rivers for

I'd consider Pryor. They could be losing by 30 at half time and the Colts D isnt anything special. He could also be abysmal and replaced afterthe 1st half. High ceiling, lowest of the low floor). I think Rivers is done as a fantasy QB. Bradford is interesting but Arizona's D is a turnover causing machine.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Dalton vs. Bears (this Bears D isn't the Bears D of old) or Tannehill vs. Browns

I don't like any of those other match ups.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Well, I dropped Rivers for Tannehill. I'll probably bounce back and forth between whether I'll start him or Dalton as my second quarterback this week for a while.

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
http://www.wralsportsfan.com/warrant-agent-provided-over-20k-to-ex-unc-player/12854449/

Greg Little got a cool 20k payoff back in 2010.

Sadly, it was not from UNC, but from a Georgia based sporting industry. I'm sure no one would make that mistake when they see the headline but skip the article.

In a search warrant unsealed this week, an agent with the Secretary of State's office said Little told investigators that Terry Watson of the Watson Sports Agency provided him with a monthly cash allowance of $2,200 in addition to travel expenses and other payments.

Little, now with the Cleveland Browns, also reimbursed former tutor Jenifer Wiley for expenses paid on his behalf with money received from Watson or a financial adviser, according to a probable cause affidavit in the June search warrant.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
So Manning to Welker's going to be kind of fun.

I've got both on my PPR fantasy team. 85 points already.

EDIT: Now 92. Shooting for 100 before the game's over.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
That's just ridiculous. What's an average weekly point total in that league?

EDIT: I'm assuming you've got 100 now.

109 now.

Weekly average is ~200. It's an IDP league, with a full defense in the starting lineup (2 DTs, 2 DEs, 3 LBs, 2 CBs, 2 S).

It's a 7th year keeper, and my starting running backs are Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, and Steven Jackson. And in case you're thinking it's a shallow league, it's 16 teams with 31 players per roster.

As you can tell, anything less than a championship is a failure this year (won it last year).

In 6 years no one's ever scored 300. That's the goal now this week.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
109 now.

Weekly average is ~200. It's an IDP league, with a full defense in the starting lineup (2 DTs, 2 DEs, 3 LBs, 2 CBs, 2 S).

It's a 7th year keeper, and my starting running backs are Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, and Steven Jackson. And in case you're thinking it's a shallow league, it's 16 teams with 31 players per roster.

As you can tell, anything less than a championship is a failure this year (won it last year).

In 6 years no one's ever scored 300. That's the goal now this week.

Well I'd say you're looking solid. I'm also in the 7th season in my main league with my friends from high school. I've made it to the championship game 5 of 6 years, but only 2 wins...although I did win last year, so I can't complain :laugh:

I'm so happy football is back.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Well I'd say you're looking solid. I'm also in the 7th season in my main league with my friends from high school. I've made it to the championship game 5 of 6 years, but only 2 wins...although I did win last year, so I can't complain :laugh:

I'm so happy football is back.

Despite being a pretty good team from the beginning, I was second most years to the same guy. He won the first five years of the league, with me FINALLY wrestling it away from him last year. Now I don't want to give it up haha.

And yeah, football back ain't bad.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Despite being a pretty good team from the beginning, I was second most years to the same guy. He won the first five years of the league, with me FINALLY wrestling it away from him last year. Now I don't want to give it up haha.

And yeah, football back ain't bad.

That's funny, similar scenario in our league but it was only the first 3 years for this guy, and I lost to him for the first two. And it's only been the past two season my teams have been pretty good in the regular season, for the first couple years I would be in the 7 or 8 win range, squeak into the playoffs, and make a late run. I set our regular season point record 2 years ago, lost in the title game by 9 and the other guy had Jared Cook go off for 24 points...I'm still bitter :laugh: Was able to have a good regular season and finally carry it through to the championship last year.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Hey urho, you want a new pet?

I've no clue what breed it is, but a spider (slightly smaller than a golf ball) has made residence at eye level in the rose bush by my front door.

I only ever see it at nite, never during the day, so it may also be a vampire.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
So I wanted to come to Raleigh for Hopscotch this weekend but work got in the way :cry:

Although I don't feel quite as upset knowing Big Boi's performance had to be cancelled about a month in advance.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
So I wanted to come to Raleigh for Hopscotch this weekend but work got in the way :cry:

Although I don't feel quite as upset knowing Big Boi's performance had to be cancelled about a month in advance.

You could tell me Hopscotch was literally anything, and that Big Boi was a fiddler, and I would have no reason to disbelieve you. Never heard of either...

I know...I'm old.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Hopscotch is a music festival in downtown Raleigh that was started by INDYWeek magazine about 5 years ago. It's supposed to be kind of like South by Southwest in Austin but on a smaller scale.

Big Boi is one half of the hip-hop duo Outkast.

:teach:

I know...I'm old.

It's ok, I'm 25 and I know people my age in the Triangle that barely know of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad