OT: Hurricanes Off Topic Lounge XI: The Numbers All Go to 11.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Hopscotch is a music festival in downtown Raleigh that was started by INDYWeek magazine about 5 years ago. It's supposed to be kind of like South by Southwest in Austin but on a smaller scale.

Big Boi is one half of the hip-hop duo Outkast.

:teach:

It's ok, I'm 25 and I know people my age in the Triangle that barely know of it.

I knew who Big Boi was, but you had me lost on Hopscotch. I thought you meant this.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
It's just a bad name for a music festival IMO. Hopscotch sounds a lot more like it should be a beer and booze festival with music as something secondary rather then something that's a music festival to me, just sayin.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
<trashtalk>

So, about that perfect scenario that I was talking about, garnetpalmetto...:laugh:

Oh, and I can't resist...but South Carolina is going nowhere this year if their defense plays like that.:sarcasm:

</trashtalk>

Sorry you didn't win your bet, CI. I would have thought that the Miami pick would have been your downfall rather than this one.

Last edited:

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Well, all I can say is Sade is God. Rest of the team needs to get it together big time or the Clemson game will be 70-0 Clemson.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Knowing them, they'll beat Clemson. This team is just like the Hurricanes, they beat teams they have no business beating and barely beat/lose to teams they should beat. And now that I have said that they will lose to Clemson.

If anyone is watching Michigan-Notre Dame, Eminem was in the booth with Brent and Kirk Herbstriet. It was one of the most akward things I've ever seen on live TV.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
eminemhigh_medium.gif

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
I had visions of Tar Heel Nation in Spider-Man costumes... and then that stupid PI happened. You do something like that with your team on the verge of an upset and time winding down, you deserve to lose.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Sorry you didn't win your bet, CI. I would have thought that the Miami pick would have been your downfall rather than this one.

I was a bit upset, but I gotta tip my hat to Mark Richt on this one. As if the 4th and 13 wasn't enough, the on side kick was crazy.

Oh well, can't win 'em all. Tho hopefully the Jaguars, Bengals & Seahawks will bail me out tomorrow :)

PS - If you wanna talk about *REAL* trash talk tho, ask Dave how he feels about ACC Football. I've gotten a few facebook lectures over the past week or two :D

PPS - USC should be relegated to the FCS. All the praise into the world to Washington State, but ******* me that was sad.

PPPS - I was pulling for WVU, but as far as sheer entertainment (if you enjoy a turnover by both teams every other play) WVU/OU was by far the game of the week

PPPPS - I can't believe I let Dave talk me out of betting on BYU tonite :sarcasm:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
If only WVU had this D last season.

Yep. Christ. That team could have been in the same tier as Oregon last year if they had this defense. Sadly still not sure they win the two they got blown out in last year (TT and KState) but every other game they lost would have been an EASY win with this D.

I'm not even sure the WRs were the problem last night, though Sticks heard footsteps and dropped what should have been an easy 6 for the lead after an extra point. Millard just isn't a good QB, Childress probably isn't that much better (stronger arm but much less accurate), and Trickett just seems to be struggling to grasp the system.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Anyone know a thing or two about engines?

On the way to the Appalachian game yesterday, my friend's radiator blew out going up the mountain. We didn't get to town until after all the shops had closed, so we missed the game and spent most of the evening replacing the radiator in the parking lot at Advance Auto.

Once it was in, we tried turning the car on and the engine was knocking really badly. Checked the oil, and the dipstick was completely dry, so we dumped a couple of quarts in to see if that made a difference. Still sounded like a lawnmower, only after starting it again the dipstick had spots all over it. I'm a novice when it comes to fixing cars (this radiator is the biggest job I've ever done myself), but my guess is the heat from losing the radiator cooked the old oil, the remains of which got thrown around inside once we started it up with new oil. I'm guessing the heat screwed something else up inside the engine, but I'm not sure what.

After that we just gave up, got into our tailgate beer, and waited for our ride back down the mountain. My friend lives in Greensboro and the car is still in Boone, but if anyone's got any tips, they'd be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Yikes. Sounds like you threw a rod.

Overheat and no oil. You probably warped the head with the overheat. Which got antifreeze in the motor.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
What the hell does Armond Smith think he's doing?

Kicks the Ravens player during the preseason, now gets penalized twice today for not returning in bounds right away during the punt?

EDIT: Or this referee is just basically ACC quality.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
What the hell does Armond Smith think he's doing?

Kicks the Ravens player during the preseason, now gets penalized twice today for not returning in bounds right away during the punt?

EDIT: Or this referee is just basically ACC quality.

He's trying to get the Frank Alexander treatment, AKA getting sent to the locker room and never donning a Panthers uniform again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad