OT: Hurricanes Off Topic Lounge XI: The Numbers All Go to 11.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Yep. Christ. That team could have been in the same tier as Oregon last year if they had this defense. Sadly still not sure they win the two they got blown out in last year (TT and KState) but every other game they lost would have been an EASY win with this D.

I'm not even sure the WRs were the problem last night, though Sticks heard footsteps and dropped what should have been an easy 6 for the lead after an extra point. Millard just isn't a good QB, Childress probably isn't that much better (stronger arm but much less accurate), and Trickett just seems to be struggling to grasp the system.

Trickett should be put in the fire to play, Millard just sucks.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I'd like to congratulate Stevan Ridley and Trent Richardson on *COMBINING* for 7 fantasy points so far.

Thankfully I had 4 defensive players go over 10 points or I'd be screwed.

PS - I'm gonna go ahead and order my Tajh Boyd Jaguars jersey this afternoon :D

I'm not sure. It might be a Teddy Bridgewater jersey you should go for. Depends on who has the better season.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Yikes. Sounds like you threw a rod.

Overheat and no oil. You probably warped the head with the overheat. Which got antifreeze in the motor.

That sounds bad, at least the warping. I'm sure it can be fixed, but it's a '95 Camry, so if it's an expensive repair he's not going to bother. He's going to have it towed to a shop in Boone tomorrow, but I bet the news isn't going to be good. My car uses the same radiator and it'd be such a waste to send that brand new one to the junkyard... wonder if I could take it off his hands.

On another note, I see the Panthers are still up to their old tricks.

Unsustainable

Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
That sounds bad, at least the warping. I'm sure it can be fixed, but it's a '95 Camry, so if it's an expensive repair he's not going to bother. He's going to have it towed to a shop in Boone tomorrow, but I bet the news isn't going to be good. My car uses the same radiator and it'd be such a waste to send that brand new one to the junkyard... wonder if I could take it off his hands.

On another note, I see the Panthers are still up to their old tricks.

I would think 600 on a motor at worst from a junk yard.

Head can be machined. But the thing is, I don't know if your friend would have the know how to do either.

So expect a coupe hundred on mechanic cost.

I would think 800ish if its what I think.

Finnish Jerk Train

Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Yep, that'd be too painful for me, even though mine is a couple of years newer. If that's what it ends up being, I'm sure he'll throw in the towel.

The lesson here, boys and girls: never ignore a leaky radiator.

Unsustainable

Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Yep, that'd be too painful for me, even though mine is a couple of years newer. If that's what it ends up being, I'm sure he'll throw in the towel.

The lesson here, boys and girls: never ignore a leaky radiator.

Yeah.

What happens is the head (part where the valves are, the intake manifold and exhaust manifold attach are on top of the block where the pistons are) will deform with extreme heat before the block will. That lets in air and anti freeze into the cylinders. Air will make it run lean, antifreeze gets in the oil and that's where things go real bad.

Finnish Jerk Train

Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Yeah.

What happens is the head (part where the valves are, the intake manifold and exhaust manifold attach are on top of the block where the pistons are) will deform with extreme heat before the block will. That lets in air and anti freeze into the cylinders. Air will make it run lean, antifreeze gets in the oil and that's where things go real bad.

Makes sense. I'm still learning my way around under the hood, but the more I learn, the more I see how it all comes together. Last year I noticed the same type of corrosion/cracking on my radiator, only I saw it before it left me on the side the road. I watched my dad replace it, so I was comfortable doing this myself, but there are a lot of things I wouldn't be sure about. He's been a grease monkey since the day he was born... I should have taken more of an interest in cars growing up, haha. Could have learned a lot.

Last edited:

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Lolreally_zps04b4037f.png

15 yard penalty. **** that. Can't believe a ******* rookie got that call.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Peyton had 7 TD, Eli tried to match him in turnovers, but sadly, fell one short. (I'm so f***ing happy this tool isn't on my fantasy team anymore :D)

Completely agreed (from a neutral perspective). Replay showed he wasn't out of bounds when contact was made, calling that a late hit is absurd.

Calling that a hit period is absurd. How is giving the guy a shove that he saw coming the same (15 yard unsportsmanlike) as what Clay Matthews did to Kaepernick?

I'm not sure. It might be a Teddy Bridgewater jersey you should go for. Depends on who has the better season.

I'm iffy on Bridgewater and I want absolutely nothing to do with Manziel. My dream come true would be Clowney, then McCarron in the 2nd followed by the best Center available in the third.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I think it's becoming increasingly obvious that without the hit in the bowl game against Michigan, Clowney would simply be deemed "very good" and not "unblockable." It's just not that hard to take defensive ends out of plays. You have to be scary good (ie. Demarcus Ware, JJ Watt) to warrant this kind of hype.

I can remember all kinds of DEs with similar collegiate hype, very rarely does it continue into the pros. Simeon Rice, Andre Carter, Jevon Kearse, etc.

Sasha Cares

28 mph!!!!!!!
Sep 25, 2006
Island of Misfit Toy
**** you david wilson... My sure victory in my $150 league is now in doubt... I now need McCoy and Houston D to outscore Andre Johnson by 6 in a PPR league... I still like my odds, but for ****'s sake you suck Wilson

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
**** you david wilson... My sure victory in my $150 league is now in doubt... I now need McCoy and Houston D to outscore Andre Johnson by 6 in a PPR league... I still like my odds, but for ****'s sake you suck Wilson

Yeah, I need 19.8 points from Morris to beat you this week. Thanks a lot, Wallace and White.:shakehead

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
There's a lot of that going around. I needed a 50 point advantage with Witten and A Johnson against Cowboys D (usually a negative against the Giants). OF COURSE they scored two defensive touchdowns!

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Fred Davis needs to outscore the Houston D by 7 tonight in a PPR league. I'm not feeling too good about it.

Fun fact: my team had four different TDs yesterday that were scored, then called back due to video replay (Megatron, McFadden, 2 for Bush). Most frustrating thing ever, when you're sitting there watching FantasyCast and you get the TD, then like 5-10 minutes later you lose the points.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I need to avoid 60 points from Morris, McCoy and JJ Watt. I'm not confident at all.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I need Houston's D to get less than 16 points to beat Highway to Cap Hell.

Normally I'd feel very safe, but they are playing the Chargers, so their Special Teams is good for at least two TDs

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
In other hilarious Fantasy Football news, in my big money keeper league, I need RGIII to get less than 8 points tonite. I can't believe I'm probably going to lose to a team whose best player was by far Jared Cook lol. Mostly I blame Belichick tho for benching Ridley for almost three quarters. :shakehead

This box score is hilarious. Point totals are sooo random.

Finnish Jerk Train

Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Think of it as a big air pump.

I am by far no expert, but I love cars and engines.

Well, you called it. He texted and said it did indeed throw a rod, which tore up a bunch of stuff inside and ruined the engine. We should have just gone to the game rather than mess with that new radiator, haha.

Unsustainable

Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Well, you called it. He texted and said it did indeed throw a rod, which tore up a bunch of stuff inside and ruined the engine. We should have just gone to the game rather than mess with that new radiator, haha.

That sucks.

Threw a rod in high school. 16 years ago....

But yeah, it's a distinct thing. You live and learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad