GDT: Hurricanes @ Devils - 3:00 PM - MSGSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
No, they didn't. That was a thing that held for one season here.

Lol because he was stuck on a garbage team that it's impossible to remember. It's doubly insulting to him.

Schneider got a one 2nd place and seven 3rd place Vezina votes for his incredible 2015-16 season and think his 2014-15 season was even better.

Maybe not statistically but to maintain that performance and those numbers while starting 68 games on a trash fire team was a real achievement.

Well, it only achieved making our lottery position worse in a generational draft but hey, Cory didn’t make the dumb trade for himself.

Cory’s heyday was the weird low scoring, goalie golden age of 2011-17. Maybe that helped a technical goalie like him but it doesn’t make him not an excellent goalie and a top starter for a few seasons (no matter where you want to exactly rank him).

He got a terrible team many undeserved wins, when it managed to score any goals for him with 30th best offense in the league.

The problem with Cory was the second of those two really stellar seasons was the first one of his huge 7 year/6m deal. He started to have issues by the second year. He broke completely in the middle of the third year of his deal.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Im not saying they were playing just as well as during the streak. But you're saying it was “terribad” and “markedly different”. Some things have been an bit off compared to their peak at the start of the season. You’re exaggerating the extent of the drop off, and it seems the primary impetus for this is the fact that they’ve wound up on the wrong side of several one goal games. That’s no better than the fundamentalists who believe analytics are infallible.
Ok that's fair. I'd say market different is true but terribad is too much.

I thought it was night and day, really. We had played near perfect hockey during the streak and they were clearly having fun.

It has been adversity, and alot of it for a while now. We were struggling in all phases of our game once we started getting knocked around.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Schneider also set a record for most goals allowed on first shots of the game. Little known fact...
Is this actually for real?

And was it most first shots on goal of the game in a single season? Or ever? I don’t remember it happening often early in his tenure, but when the wheels were falling off of him the last 2 or 3 seasons it definitely happened quite a few times.

I remember Steve Mason had a season or maybe even two in a row late in his tenure with Columbus where he allowed a goal on the first shot he faced in way too many games.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pretty sure I’ve said this before on here earlier this season, but the Islanders of this year remind me of the 15-16 Devils.

I don’t think they’re as bad as the 15-16 Devils, but they have the really good goalie and they have some good pieces, but I can’t look at their roster and be like “Yeah, playoff team”.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Pretty sure I’ve said this before on here earlier this season, but the Islanders of this year remind me of the 15-16 Devils.

I don’t think they’re as bad as the 15-16 Devils, but they have the really good goalie and they have some good pieces, but I can’t look at their roster and be like “Yeah, playoff team”.
Yeah but look out if they get there. They're built for the playoffs! :sarcasm:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
ask zapruder
1085F9AD-E2E2-4D2B-B305-B8E5C3F0CA6E.jpeg

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Out of the top 6 in metro the Isles seem the team that probs wont make POs

Isles are basically just carried by elite goaltending, their advanced metrics, roster on paper really aren't that amazing. Their defense is also overrated. Pelech is a legitimately amazing defensive Dman, but Pulock, Dobson, and Mayfield aren't nearly as good as they seem.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

They're the 13-14 Devils, coming off a good run with an elite goalie on the roster, average forwards and decent defense. And we saw what happened with that team.

Reactions: Bleedred

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
man I hadnt looked at the standings in a week or two, and with how some here talked up the Isles, I thought they were like 1 point back of us. They're 5 back with an extra game played...

I know things change quickly in this division but yeah
they were two points back before we beat the pens and got the loser point yesterday

Reactions: glenwo2

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
man I hadnt looked at the standings in a week or two, and with how some here talked up the Isles, I thought they were like 1 point back of us. They're 5 back with an extra game played...

I know things change quickly in this division but yeah
I was told that we were supposed to be out of a playoff spot by today

• Haha
Reactions: Guttersniped
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad