GDT: Hurricanes @ Devils - 3:00 PM - MSGSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I disagree. It was a bad play. But like I said earlier and got attacked for it by people who hate Blackwood, was the fact the Jack Who is one of the best in the league at controlling the puck, loses the puck and the goalie whose job is too make saves and not race out and shoot the puck out of safety is the one who got blamed.
When the goalie gives up the puck or makes a puck handling error the goalie should be faulted on that more than any other goals against.

There's not stopping pucks from chances caused by skaters and then there's creating the chance, shot and goal yourself.

And it was a poor play by him in an otherwise good game.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Nobody expected them to even be in this position in the standings at this time.
This isn’t directed at you, but I hate the ”well if you told us back at the start of the season stuff.“ Expectations change as you get more information and context. The how matters. If you told people they would get off to the start they did and then end up in this situation…no one would be buying it.

I don’t think a collapse is certain, but there are some red flags. You can’t get mad at people for expressing frustration and concern over the team.

They got a point today, but the team is still “bleeding badly.” This is a big week. They need wins, not OT losses. And they need regulation wins over division opponents.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
I would say he had a bigger ceiling, but it doesn't look like he'll hit that ceiling.

There was a time where Michael McLeod had a MUCH higher ceiling than Jesper Bratt, but that definitely won't be hit.
Yes. I don't know if he'll reach that ceiling. He appears to be a rhythm guy that keeps getting derailed by injuries.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I disagree. It was a bad play. But like I said earlier and got attacked for it by people who hate Blackwood, was the fact the Jack Who is one of the best in the league at controlling the puck, loses the puck and the goalie whose job is too make saves and not race out and shoot the puck out of safety is the one who got blamed.
Imo he played a good game that play it's on both players and MACK has to just stick that puck it didn't happen....That said we got a point mainly due to MB imo....

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
That's kind of the point though. Jack, who's the best at controlling the puck makes a mistake after playing light's out these last few weeks. Mac has played horrible for over a year and a half and he does this. It's getting tiring, there's no progress, there's no good play to rely upon. It's not one mistake in a huge sample size of good play. It's a horrible mistake in a sea of bad games. We're getting tired of this. I have no doubt that if Vitek plays today, we win.
How he has played prior to the game is irrelevant to this game. If he was 0-50 prior to this game it doesn’t make This game his fault

TF1970

May 9, 2021
Wasn’t able to watch. But I would say getting a point is acceptable. That’s the key, not coming away empty handed. Although sneaking out with two would have been a pleasant surprise.

Reactions: glenwo2

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
mcleod has not been good. He’s a negative 5 on 5. And the geniuses behind the bench use him as a third liner.
1672615737600.png

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I missed all the goals. What officiating bullcrap happened after we went up 4 to 3?
Embellishment on Siegs made it 4-on4 but then really stupid penalties by Mercer (careless, must be called high stick) and Graves puck over glass.

The embellishment was complete bullshit.
We responded by doing dumb shit, so it's on us, really

Reactions: Mgd31

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You say that but it’s not actually true. Bratt was very boom or bust, he went late because the bust part was a very real possibility.

McLeod was a center with size and speed who could end up in a lot of roles in the NHL, including the one he currently occupies.

Bratt is undersized scoring winger. Either Bratt produces enough, soon enough, to make it as a top six guy in the NHL or he would’ve ended up playing in Sweden. There’s no other role for him and teams aren’t always patient with smaller European forwards drafted outside of the 1st round. (McLeod had more rope in the sense that all 1st picks get more rope but that didn’t make his ceiling higher than Bratt’s.)

I don’t know what Vanacek’s ceiling was supposed to be when he was a prospect but he was drafted at 39th in 2014 and Blackwood was drafted at 42nd in 2015. I don’t know if I see some difference between pedigrees.
I don't really remember much about Vanecek prior to 2020. It was actually the Lundqvist heart problem that allowed him to break into the league. With every team being allowed to carry 3 goalies that year with the taxi squads, he probably would have been the third goalie instead of Craig Anderson, who got a PTO right after Lundqvist being out indefinitely a few weeks before the season started.

I don't think he had the Samsonov ceiling then.

But in 2020, I think it was fair to say Blackwood was more promising than Vanecek, who no one had really heard of. Maybe even in 2021. But I don't that's the case anymore.

And I'm not sold Vanecek is particularly good, but I'm pretty sure he's better than Blackwood.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
How he has played prior to the game is irrelevant to this game. If he was 0-50 prior to this game it doesn’t make This game his fault
It's absolutely not irrelevant and if that was the case no one would be dunking on Haula every game. As I said, there's no progress with Mac. There's always something.

Reactions: longislanddevil

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Today at least the top forward showed up and it wasn’t just Hughes. Secondary guys need to step up.

Not a terrible game. You aren’t going to control every game 5v5, especially not against good teams. They had plenty of opportunities to take this in regulation.

I don’t give a shit about the saves Blackwood made today, get rid of this loser.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Honestly, I'm kind of impressed the team didn't fold after Mac's horrible play on the 2nd goal. You'd think after playing behind him constantly (and it does have an effect on the team), that they would've been deflated by arguably the worst play of the season by any player.

But they didn't, they battled back. Last year's team looses this game 4-1.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Imo he played a good game that play it's on both players and MACK has to just stick that puck it didn't happen....That said we got a point mainly due to MB imo....
I agree. I’m definitely not taking the blame off of Mackenzie for that play. I was just saying that Jack lost the puck and he gets a free pass but when the goalie whose job isn’t to control and race for the puck gets blamed then I speak up and defend the goalie. But it’s amazing how many people ignore the mistakes by their favorite players and then the jump on other players. It started the first few games of the season. Blaming Mack for every goal without analyzing and calling out the players that actual are the reason the goal was scored. Call him out for his mistakes 100% but he’s blamed for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad