GDT: Hurricanes @ Devils - 3:00 PM - MSGSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Truth be told though, strangely Mikey's been better than expected this season and Bratt has been kinda disappointing.
He hasn't been bad, but I think he's been reverting back to what he is, along with Wood in this recent stretch since Bastian has been out.

I'm pretty sure Bastian is the best player on that line and then it's Wood.

Reactions: nugg

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I won't, you watch them, but don't fool yourself they are going nowhere guaranteed.... cheers to you bro🍸
Take a deep breath maybe two...Take a shot or a beer or whatever makes you calm down goosfraba....Last year we were toast don't even get a point.....

Reactions: youryeah

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Bummer, bc I thought they all played a really good game.

A couple of terrible penalties, a couple of terrible turnovers, a bad pinch and a heartbreaking gaffe by Blackwood. We got dominated and didn't have a shot for almost a period of play, but we played a complete game, stole a point.

Outside of that, the big three were pretty good, Rango looked good, the rest battled and were meh.

Raanta gave us a few softies.

I think we are going to have to get used to Bratt being invisible until he explodes.

Outside of Bahls pinch and Graves going down early, thought the D played a pretty heroic game. Forwards were pretty good too.

Sucks we lost but this one really is a character builder.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Outside of Blackwood Hughes and Bratt the rest of the team was to blame tonight. Stop blaming Blackwood and the stripes.
This is hilarious. No, the guy that literally gave the other team a free goal contributed to the L. That he did his job okay other than that doesn’t erase that. Pathetically low expectations for that bum.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Officials were a joke again tonight, but what's especially bad is that embellishment call - you really think defensemen are going to try to flop to draw calls in tied games, when officials don't call penalties? It's absurd and it's an official inventing to a way to stop play without 'changing the game', except that 4v4 is so much different than 5v5 that it's a huge change to the game. Just call the f***ing rulebook.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Again, we're still battling in 1 goal games. No one is running us over like last year. This is progress for a young team. They showed resiliency today and got a point against arguably the hottest team in the league. 3 points out of the last 4.
👏

Attachments

• F7BFD9E9-6DD3-4ABD-AD5F-0F033C0B9E59.png
    F7BFD9E9-6DD3-4ABD-AD5F-0F033C0B9E59.png
    422.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Haha
Reactions: Devs3cups

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
View attachment 629090
Very good game played by Blackwood today. Don't understand why some of you people insist that he's so bad. Especially that f***in idiot @Bleedred who doesn't know shit about goalies. If the guy was so bad, we wouldn't be giving him starts. Do you really think our staff and management are clowns, now do you?

Oh and hello fellow Devils fans. I'm new here. My user name is Blackwoodd. Looking forward to conversing with all of you here. But don't come at me with some dumb shit about how our very good 26 year old goalie with elite upside is a piece of shit or not NHL caliber or you want Schmid or Vanecek or any other nonsense and shit you talk about the best goalie in the organization. Bad goalies don't have games like he had today.
Not saying he's good.
Not saying we should keep or sign him.

But man, you really go above and beyond sometimes.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
This is hilarious. No, the guy that literally gave the other team a free goal contributed to the L. That he did his job okay other than that good doesn’t erase that. Pathetically low expectations for that bum.
I disagree. It was a bad play. But like I said earlier and got attacked for it by people who hate Blackwood, was the fact the Jack Who is one of the best in the league at controlling the puck, loses the puck and the goalie whose job is too make saves and not race out and shoot the puck out of safety is the one who got blamed.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
all good we will see where they end up🙃
You can keep saying that but if they get just out of the playoff race it'll still be progress and pretty much aligned with what most people's expectations were when the season started.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
This is hilarious. No, the guy that literally gave the other team a free goal contributed to the L. That he did his job okay other than that doesn’t erase that. Pathetically low expectations for that bum.
You could say he's the Severson of goalies, I guess. One brainfart amongst a really strong performance that stole a point for them.

It'll be good when both are gone.

Of course, Hughes losing the puck off the heel of his stick at his own blueline was kinda the cause

Camille the Eel

Where did I say I'm blaming him? I'm not blaming him for the loss. Just saying he does this move way too much in shootouts, hell he did in when he had the penalty shot this season too.

His speed is such an advantage and he doesn't use it, it just doesn't make sense.
Jack is at his best going full tilt at the goalie and using his hands and speed to have an advantage. He can act faster than the goalie can react. Every time. That’s why slowing down and fiddling and diddling makes no sense for him.

If he was going to pull up and shoot, however, he did do one thing better though and make his cut and move further out, before he got too deep. But really he didn’t have a lot to shoot at when he let it go.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I would say he had a bigger ceiling, but it doesn't look like he'll hit that ceiling.

There was a time where Michael McLeod had a MUCH higher ceiling than Jesper Bratt, but that definitely won't be hit.

You say that but it’s not actually true. Bratt was very boom or bust, he went late because the bust part was a very real possibility.

McLeod was a center with size and speed who could end up in a lot of roles in the NHL, including the one he currently occupies.

Bratt is undersized scoring winger. Either Bratt produces enough, soon enough, to make it as a top six guy in the NHL or he would’ve ended up playing in Sweden. There’s no other role for him and teams aren’t always patient with smaller European forwards drafted outside of the 1st round. (McLeod had more rope in the sense that all 1st picks get more rope but that didn’t make his ceiling higher than Bratt’s.)

I don’t know what Vanacek’s ceiling was supposed to be when he was a prospect but he was drafted at 39th in 2014 and Blackwood was drafted at 42nd in 2015. I don’t know if I see some difference between pedigrees.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I disagree. It was a bad play. But like I said earlier and got attacked for it by people who hate Blackwood, was the fact the Jack Who is one of the best in the league at controlling the puck, loses the puck and the goalie whose job is too make saves and not race out and shoot the puck out of safety is the one who got blamed.
That's kind of the point though. Jack, who's the best at controlling the puck, makes a mistake after playing light's out these last few weeks. Mac has played horrible for over a year and a half and he does this. It's getting tiring, there's no progress, there's no good play to rely upon. It's not one mistake in a huge sample size of good play. It's a horrible mistake in a sea of bad games. We're getting tired of this. I have no doubt that if Vitek plays today, we win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad