GDT: Hurricanes @ Devils - 3:00 PM - MSGSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
Lol. Nice deflecting.
Jack is one of the best Puck handlers in the league and loses the puck and then you expect a goalie who plays the puck far less than anyone else to NOT make a mistake and blame the one who isn’t suppose to race out and make a pass to cover for the guy making the actual mistake.
Gotcha
dude it’s not just today. that was just blackwoods entire tenure here the past 3 seasons in a microcosm. he hurts this team when he’s in net, period.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
He’s an NHL goalie. How good remains to be seen.

But I can’t imagine trying to find your game when every mistake you get Bronx cheers immediately afterwards. I don’t even know what he would have to do for fans to not turn on him immediately after one gaffe.

Just saying it’s best for everyone if the Devils can give him a chance elsewhere. Hard to do mid season but it’s absolutely worth a try.
Toronto in a nutshell.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Blackwood is allergic to winning games, guy goes out of his way to ensure they don’t do it with him in the net.

Dylan9z9

LGD 2024-25
May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
He needs to go.

BAD goaltending actually hurts you more in the close score games.

Not in the blowouts.

These are the games inferior goaltending hurts you more than games where the team isn't in it.

Can we not expect Blackwood to ever allow fewer than 2 goals in a game, especially when one of the goals was created single handedly by him? I thought he was an NHL goalie though?
Wrap him up with Bratt and get someone who can score a goal Jesus enough is enough already!

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
He’s an NHL goalie. How good remains to be seen.

But I can’t imagine trying to find your game when every mistake you get Bronx cheers immediately afterwards. I don’t even know what he would have to do for fans to not turn on him immediately after one gaffe.

Just saying it’s best for everyone if the Devils can give him a chance elsewhere. Hard to do mid season but it’s absolutely worth a try.
Play better then. Don't give up horrible goals then. Don't make ATROCIOUS mistakes like he just did then.

These guys are making millions playing a game they've played their whole lives. If you don't have the mental fortitude to hang cause fans are rough with you cause you're playing like garbage maybe it's not the thing for you.

• Love
Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Take it we are in yhe middle of a Blackwood special.
Fanned on the puck right in front of the Canes guy that put it into an empty net.

Took all the air out of the building, other than the raining of boos they gave him.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
Alright so much for Blackwood.

Team needs to play better. Need to score more than 1-2 goals a night. Win this period here.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Play better then. Don't give up horrible goals then. Don't make ATROCIOUS mistakes like he just did then.

These guys are making millions playing a game they've played their whole lives. If you don't have to mental fortitude to hang cause fans are rough with you cause you're playing like garbage maybe it's not the thing for him.
Most people also don't wanna acknowledge that it's not only the last 3 NHL seasons.

His last two years in the AHL were IDENTICAL to the GARBAGE we've seen the last 3 NHL seasons.

Literally he was an .890% his last 52 AHL games between 17-18 and 18-19.

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
Blackwoods first goal against was also a result of him being bad. Look at the angle he takes and how much net he leaves open?
51B6A872-F876-4B8D-B23C-BF5164C39699.jpeg
D0E32961-6D0F-4A1F-8CFC-2242E2DF55B8.jpeg

Reactions: Blender
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad