GDT: Hurricanes @ Devils - 3:00 PM - MSGSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Lol. Nice deflecting.
Jack is one of the best Puck handlers in the league and loses the puck and then you expect a goalie who plays the puck far less than anyone else to NOT make a mistake and blame the one who isn’t suppose to race out and make a pass to cover for the guy making the actual mistake.
Gotcha
Didn’t deflect anything. Talked about exactly what you said.
There was nothing difficult about what Blackwood had to do. He also didn’t even have to make a pass just had to be somewhat under control and get it out of there and everyone would be happy.

Jack had to take a pass at speed and figure out how to get by a guy coming full speed at him. Fumbled the puck a little and that was it. That’s gonna happen. There’s 100s of situations like it in games where players fumble pucks like that.
It nearly led to a really good chance against. It’s a bad mistake yes but not it happens.
Blackwood had a very simple opportunity to erase the chance and completely flubbed it.

You’ve changed your argument it seems to the difficulty of what they had to do. Another shitty argument. Blackwood had a much easier play to make than Jack.

Also since when is Blackwood not supposed to do that? Goalies have to come out and play the puck like that all the time. All he had to do was make clean contact with the puck.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Now win the draw and spring the guy out of the box as thr PK expires
9D3EE758-C25D-4864-97C0-E2B71039CBFB.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Dialamo and My3Sons

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I'm also tired of hearing about this ''Consistency'' stuff.

If ''Inconsistent'' means one good game, one bad game then there's no such thing as a bad NHL goalie.

What do you think a bad player is BAD EVERY. SINGLE. GAME?

The guy sucks.

He's no good.

His AHL career speaks for itself and there were plenty of red flags by it years ago that foreshadowed what we're seeing now.

There are just NHL goalies and most of them are inconsistent. A solid portion of the inconsistency comes from injury, it’s a pretty injury-prone position.

Not sure what that has to do with Blackwood currently being the other goalie on this team.

Blackwood is a mess and has been bad for a while, we know.

I don’t know what red flags there were in 2019-20. We signed a UFA goalie for 2020-21. And a different on for 2021-22. And a different one for 2022-23.

We couldn’t afford to replace Blackwood this off-season with this goalie market and our cap, we were stuck with him. Sorry, we were.

Who are you yelling at? The people that don’t hate Blackwood enough? I apologize for them not hating Blackwood enough, I’m sure it’s a New Years Resolution of theirs and they’ll get right to that.

Reactions: Tundra
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad