Proposal: Huberdeau for Josh Anderson and Brendan Gallagher

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Pass from this Habs fan. Huberdeau contract will kill us when we are ready to contend. Huberdeau needs big power center like Barkov to succeed. Which we don't have
What about Dach?

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Huberdeau-Dach-Demidov

Looks pretty good to me if Huberdeau can at least bounce back to point per game form under MSL. Habs have most of the core locked up on bargain contracts now and can afford to take a high risk high reward gamble like this one IMO.

Reactions: banks

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
What about Dach?

Huberdeau-Dach-Demidov

Looks pretty good to me if Huberdeau can at least bounce back to point per game form under MSL. Habs have most of the core locked up on bargain contracts now and can afford to take a high risk high reward gamble like this one IMO.
He's not durable

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
What about Dach?

Huberdeau-Dach-Demidov

Habs just don't need him and especially don't need to take the risk. There is a mountain of cap space coming off the books next summer and even more the summer after that.

Be patient and go with the young guys and they will go UFA hunting a bit next year and even more the year after that.

I also still think there is a few deals that will have to be made before the season starts so maybe that can help...

No rush.....

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Gallagher can play bottom 6 / 4th line and then LTIR-retire. Anderson can either be an overpaid player on the roster for the entire duration of his contract, or MTL can retain 50% on him and dump him easily enough, or they can buy him out. Gallagher Anderson situation isn't ideal, but it's workable for Montreal. Huberdeau is a disaster contract.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Pass from this Habs fan. Huberdeau contract will kill us when we are ready to contend. Huberdeau needs big power center like Barkov to succeed. Which we don't have
Why? He only played with Barkov on the PP pretty much

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Calgary would have to take Price contract too and retain at least 3M. That's how bad huberdeau contract is
Calgary would also have to send some 1st-round picks to Montreal. Huberdeau's contract runs four years longer than those of Brendan Gallagher and Josh Anderson. No one would ever suggest this trade if Huberdeau's name was Jonathan Smith and he came from Ontario.

Reactions: pth2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad