Proposal: Huberdeau for Josh Anderson and Brendan Gallagher

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Huberdeau >> Gallagher and especially Anderson, but at the end of the day, Huberdeau is terrible value too, and for a longer period of time

The goal is to get out of those contracts ASAP, so Habs should keep Anderson and Gallagher

Duffy13

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Feb 16, 2013
PEI, Canada
This would be amazing, Send Huberdeau to the Pens, make it a 3 team trade with Laine arriving too... need Graves to move on somewhere though, maybe Rakell too. Do your video game magic... but leave us all the old guys, keep your hands off Crosby, Malkin, Letang, and Karlsson.... who else you got that we can fit in... make the tank entertaining!!!!

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Huberdeau went from like close to 40 goals to 12 goals...like wow. I can guess he is collapses himself under his contract, and its not the first time someone trashes his own career by getting himself a ridiculous contract.

What a dependent winger.
He is a good player, but seen to what he gives, he is the worst contract in the league. If Nurse had made 10.5, he would also shared this price. Its not only a high salary, its a long contract, until he is 38, and I can tell he wont play out his contract. Destined to be LTIR or a buyout.

He could be switched with another bad contract. But that would be capwise or termwise a really bad contract.

Trade with Montreal - and just look at Drouin, that would be an awful idea from the let go.

TO Mtl Huberdeau 25% retaind (2,625$ - caphit at 9,875M$) + 2nd rounder 25 + 2nd rounder 26.

To Calgary : A 2nd line winger + 3rd rounder 26.

This would be amazing, Send Huberdeau to the Pens, make it a 3 team trade with Laine arriving too... need Graves to move on somewhere though, maybe Rakell too. Do your video game magic... but leave us all the old guys, keep your hands off Crosby, Malkin, Letang, and Karlsson.... who else you got that we can fit in... make the tank entertaining!!!!
Laine for Huberdeau reatained 30%, could that be something?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
id take huberdeau over a gallagher/anderson combo. gallagher and anderson are washed.
Yet Gally posted a considerably better p/60 than Huberdeau... And that's despite Hubs getting 1/2 his 52 pts on pp (Gally has 4pp pts total).

All 3 are "washed", Huberdeau's just the most expensive, longest term & most dependent on top 6/pp heavy deployment to not be a complete liability.

Anderson and Gally are expensive bottom 6 players, but both can play 4th line role and contribute in it. Not so much Huberdeau

Reactions: CDN24

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
A base of Huberdeau for Graves and Rakell would be interesting, no way the Flames retain or add anything though. Huberdeau hopefully finds his game again which would be great for Pitt, they'll be rebuilding by the time his contract starts to really stink. Flames get 2 cap dumps back but at least the contracts line up better with their rebuild and and more buyout friendly if needed. Problem would probably be NTC's.

NewtJorden

Unitas est Invicta
Aug 9, 2006
Rimouski
I like to think that Montreal learn their lesson with how bad they got it for years for Jonathan Drouin. So they would easily say no to Huberdeau on his current contract.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
3 years of Gallagher/Anderson for 7 years of Huberdeau. Obviously the Habs would never do that. They plan on being a contender in years 4-7.

What will probably happen is the Flames will go through their rebuild for the next 3-4 years and then possibly be at a point where they can pawn off the last few years of Huberdeau's deal to a team that is entering their own rebuild at that time. It would still be costly for the Flames at that time, but it would be astronomically costly for the Flames to move him now.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
So Montreal has 4 seasons of the worst contract in hockey after Anderson and Gallagher leave lol.....This is such a one sided grotesque offer in Calgary's favour that Hughes would need to be immediately committed for even pausing for a split second to consider the possibility of even considering this joke of a proposal.

Duffy13

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Feb 16, 2013
PEI, Canada
A base of Huberdeau for Graves and Rakell would be interesting, no way the Flames retain or add anything though. Huberdeau hopefully finds his game again which would be great for Pitt, they'll be rebuilding by the time his contract starts to really stink. Flames get 2 cap dumps back but at least the contracts line up better with their rebuild and and more buyout friendly if needed. Problem would probably be NTC's.
Please don't encourage me... I've just discovered Puckpedia has a GM mode and have just traded horribly for Huberdeau, Laine, Gallagher.... and that's all I'm admitting to lol

Fig

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
How about we keep Huberdeau and you sent Gally over to us with an unprotected first round pick? We continue to rebuild, you get out of one of those contracts sooner, win, win?

(God I hope I hear a dial tone from the other side soon)

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
No salary retained.
this has already been proposed - and rejected. The extra four years of Huberdeau's term is a killer

How about we keep Huberdeau and you sent Gally over to us with an unprotected first round pick? We continue to rebuild, you get out of one of those contracts sooner, win, win?

nope

Reactions: viceroy and Fig

Kahvi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
People have to remember that retention is not only about money, there's also limited number of retention spots. Markström is already taking one for the next two years, trading Huberdeau would take another, leaving only one spot to be used to deadline trades.

So I dont think Flames are gonna retain on Huberdeau, and without retention he's gonna be a Flame for the next few years.

Reactions: Miller Time

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007

Flames <-- Gallagher, Anderson, Dvorak, Armia

Habs <-- Huberdeau, Kadri

Huberdeau went from like close to 40 goals to 12 goals...like wow. I can guess he is collapses himself under his contract, and its not the first time someone trashes his own career by getting himself a ridiculous contract.

What a dependent winger.
He is a good player, but seen to what he gives, he is the worst contract in the league. If Nurse had made 10.5, he would also shared this price. Its not only a high salary, its a long contract, until he is 38, and I can tell he wont play out his contract. Destined to be LTIR or a buyout.

He could be switched with another bad contract. But that would be capwise or termwise a really bad contract.

Trade with Montreal - and just look at Drouin, that would be an awful idea from the let go.

TO Mtl Huberdeau 25% retaind (2,625$ - caphit at 9,875M$) + 2nd rounder 25 + 2nd rounder 26.

To Calgary : A 2nd line winger + 3rd rounder 26.

Laine for Huberdeau reatained 30%, could that be something?

Three offers that are even worse than the OP for Montreal.

1. The Canadiens get an additional big money, long-term contract (Kadri) so they can get rid of two guys with one-year left on their contracts (Dvorak and Armia)?

2. Habs add another big contract (Huberdeau) while not getting rid of any, lose Newhook (I can't think of anyone else who would be considered a 2nd-line winger on Montreal's roster), and get second-round picks in '25 and '26 for a '26 third round pick?

3. Gally and an unprotected first-round pick for nothing? Please tell me this was sarcasm.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
huberdeau would be 3rd among habs forwards in scoring this season and 2nd last season. gallagher was in 6th and had the worst +/- on the team and anderson was 9th. huberdeau is overpaid but gallagher and anderson are running on fumes.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Lol.

How many 1st rders is CGY attaching?
Even as bad as the Huberdeau contract is I doubt the Flames would trade straight up for Anderson on a 3 X 5.5 and Gallagher at 3 X 6.5.

All 3 contracts are bad but at least one guy can still actually add at least minimal value.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
huberdeau would be 3rd among habs forwards in scoring this season and 2nd last season. gallagher was in 6th and had the worst +/- on the team and anderson was 9th. huberdeau is overpaid but gallagher and anderson are running on fumes.
Agree on all counts
Still doesn’t make sense for Montreal because of the length of hubrrdeaus deal

Reactions: viceroy

QuizGuy66

Sep 12, 2011
Been a minute since we have had a Josh Anderson trade thread. HFBoards is back baby!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad