Votes: 26 10.2%
  • Less than 40%

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • More than 70%

Votes: 40 15.6%

• Total voters

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
He's 34 and hitting the father time wall. Slow footed, weak defensively, marginal offensively, decent strength.

The mistake will be extending him when it's clear he doesn't fit anywhere in a Berube lineup. Next summer Leafs need to sign a legit #3 with size.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Aside from how much he SHOULD get in an extension, the question should be why exactly do you want to extend him? What has he helped you win, what has the $11M annually actually netted you?

We're better off using that money to get a quality 2C and a Dman. Tavares today is invisible, next year he'll be a disaster.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Aside from how much he SHOULD get in an extension, the question should be why exactly do you want to extend him? What has he helped you win, what has the $11M annually actually netted you?

We're better off using that money to get a quality 2C and a Dman. Tavares today is invisible, next year he'll be a disaster.

He is like a league minimum guy now with some patches bonus framework to get him to 1.5m. That's all I see and I would rather close the book and send him off.

Reactions: Larcos_Unal

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
What does the guy do that says resign him. Doesn’t kill penalties, his PP usage is becoming limited. He wins faceoff which you can pay someone 9 mil less to do. He’s a boat anchor playing with Nylander. He had the C taken away from him. Never came close to his contract and the expectations that came with it.

Extending him I can’t see a play for him considering they’ll be asking 5+ for a guy that sits in front of the net and wins a faceoff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad