Post-Game Talk: Jets 6 - Pens 3

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Wow 39 saves and I was sweating on every one of them … time for a shower.:laugh:
Team Corsi score
Scheifele/Connor out scored their opponents again 5 straight games … Jets 5-0:thumbu:
Their line also had the best CF% today but that goes against some narratives so I guess no one will post the numbers.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
4/5 Skeletons today, first and foremost 5-0 to start the season and only undefeated team in the league, Apples playing really well, Miller and Joshua 2 apples each, 4 lines cooking, Bugg Eyes with an important start I guess, still nervous. Vilardi still needs to get going. Contributions from many players and the final scoring summary reflects it. Team is playing real well and while I wasn't enthused about the changes the final result is all that matters.

6ee23da15b437dd6cc229c45a73afb9d.gif6ee23da15b437dd6cc229c45a73afb9d.gif6ee23da15b437dd6cc229c45a73afb9d.gif6ee23da15b437dd6cc229c45a73afb9d.gif

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I was expecting a high scoring game today and I was right. Pens offensively are still pretty darn good but weaker defensively. Same can be said for the Jets year to date, a bit sloppy defensively and we played our backup tonight not Helle.

Overall happy for the win, glad the offence is going well, but would like to see us tighten up defensively a bit more

Inanna

Liberal Arts Instructor
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Barrie, ON
I was expecting a high scoring game today and I was right. Pens offensively are still pretty darn good but weaker defensively. Same can be said for the Jets year to date, a bit sloppy defensively and we played our backup tonight not Helle.

Overall happy for the win, glad the offence is going well, but would like to see us tighten up defensively a bit more
Definitely!

I remember frequently hearing the hockey wisdom that when your back-up goalie is in net you play a tighter defensive game. First time this season we've given up more than 40 SOG and we had poor Eric in goal. And he acquitted himself very well!

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
Their line also had the best CF% today but that goes against some narratives so I guess no one will post the numbers.

If stats nerds could take their noses out of their spreadsheets for one second maybe they'd realize that it takes at least 5 years to properly learn the jets' first line system.

• Haha
Reactions: Gil Fisher

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Definitely!

I remember frequently hearing the hockey wisdom that when your back-up goalie is in net you play a tighter defensive game. First time this season we've given up more than 40 SOG and we had poor Eric in goal. And he acquitted himself very well!
Your right, and for some reason, Comrie plays his best hockey as a Jet. Well done Eric. :nod:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Nice that they could win that one for Little.

First period Jets looked like they had against SJS. Creating turnovers, controlling the play and outshooting them by a wide margin. Gave up that PP goal then WTF was that? :laugh: Did they think the game was over?

Rebounded really well though. :thumbu:

Comrie was good. Had no chance on the first 2. I think he would like another chance on that 3rd one.

Whole team played well except for that collapse first half of the 2nd.

And it all turned out nice again

Thanks Jack!

Reactions: BarnabyJones PI

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Glad to see the Jets won, so as to not ruin the Bryan Little tribute day. It was kind of touch and go there for a while, but they came through in the end. I wonder what got into the coach's mind to make so many lineup changes especially after we hadn't lost a game? Oh well, as they say, a real...

giphy.gif

I was a "little" critical about Comrie's play, but he did make 34 saves, so that's not too shabby. I give this game three "Bryan Littles" out of five, wish he was still playing...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

The Prediction Contest has been posted for the game against the Blues, so start getting your guesses in now. No one has claimed Tuesday's game, so this is the perfect opportunity to make your very own GDT, please sign up today. See you then...

giphy.gif

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Nice that they could win that one for Little.

First period Jets looked like they had against SJS. Creating turnovers, controlling the play and outshooting them by a wide margin. Gave up that PP goal then WTF was that? :laugh: Did they think the game was over?

Rebounded really well though. :thumbu:

Comrie was good. Had no chance on the first 2. I think he would like another chance on that 3rd one.

Whole team played well except for that collapse first half of the 2nd.

Thanks Jack!
I don’t think it was a collapse …. More like the Pens pressuring the Jets by sending 2 guys in to forecheck. The Jets were able to adjust after figuring out what the Pens were doing.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Thoughts

Rutger McGroarty the self proclaimed best NHL'er to ever lace on a pair of skates -5 games between They're The Pitts and the pig trough in Wilkes Barre with nothing to show.

Some kid named Brayden "Jaromir" Yager who I'm told is pretty good with 7G 6A in 7 games for Moose JaW.

Understand needing to get players in-Comrie playing made a little bit of sense as Helle does need some games off. But Stanley and Slow Gus? None of the 18 skaters played themselves out of the lineup in the first four games. Had we lost this thread would be 700 pages already calling for Arniel's head.

Done with Stanley. Just go away.
Kupari finally showing some of what Chevy hoped to be getting when we traded that other dude that didn't want to be here, so dad gummit lets take him the f*** out of the lineup. Show him a thing or two.

Watch James Wright dress for the next game.:D

Comrie was good but last season when Bro was in net I wasn't edge of my seat a ball of nerves like I was this afternoon.

Kicked a FG in the 2nd and one in the 3rd and could have had one in the 1st but we tried for the TD. Take the points when you get your chances.:cool:

Goal differential 24-8. But we gave up way too many shots today.

Who's wearing Pionk's jersey and passing himself off as Neal? Not the same guy we've come to know and hate, just a little bit.

We've given up 2 shorthanded goals I believe , one to Tyler Tomfoolery and one to Helen Hayes. How many other former Jets are out there to score shorthanded against us.

On to Tuesday lets break the spirits of St. Louis and drive Binnington batty.

Editing to add, lets honor a different current or former Jet before every game and maybe we never lose.

We could do one for a former Jet, now a Capital I believe with a "Thanks for Leaving" night. Can barely remember the guys name but it looks like he actually spends a fair bit of time on the ice, doing absolutely nothing at all.

Last edited:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
The Pens remind me of an aging starlet, doing everything in her power with injections and surgeries to try to reverse the effects of father time but inevitably losing the battle

At the same time, that beauty is still apparent every once in a while when she flashes a smile

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad