Post-Game Talk: Jets 6 - Pens 3

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
Some complaints about the new sound system in the upper deck on reddit, anyone who sits up there what are your thought?
Really bad. Could barely hear any of the tribute to Bryan Little during the first intermission TV timeout.

Not an audio expert, but I feel like it’s a mixing issue (as opposed to any issue with the actual system).

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Just got back from the game.

Loved the Bryan Little tribute.

Loved the "Where is Rutger" chants.

Our heritage jerseys are awesome!

Just like King Kong Bundy, we love the number 5!!

7e8c28aa60ae0acb143eed242aa2eea5.jpg

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Note to Jets fans... Maybe win something before talking trash on the most successful franchise over the last 3+ decades.

Having said that, you have a great team.
Take that crap to your board. You wouldn’t like us going to your board talking trash about your team. Which the crowd didn’t, they were talking about Rutger. God some people can be dense.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
So as I mentioned on the game thread, first game in the barn since covid. Will definitely try and get back a few more times this year.

Liked the band and the craft beer options - don't think they had those pre covid. Not a fan of the cashless payments. In fact when I bought a beer in the 2nd intermission the computer crashed and had to wait about 5 minutes for it to reboot and come back online. Didn't have any food so can't comment on that.

I thought the Jets had upgraded the sound system once already? Sounded fine in the lower bowl.

Surprised with the lineup changes but it worked.

Thought the LAN line had a rough 2nd. Seemed to be hemmed in their zone a bit but played way better later in the period and in the 3rd.

Was that Gus' man on the 2nd goal all alone in front of the net? Thought he and Stan looked a bit rusty but I guess that's expected.

I'm okay with the extra guys getting game time but hopefully we can get some kind of rotation going so they get game ready and can stay sharp.

Great Little tribute.

Lets keep it rolling!

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
One negative I have is that the top's line shift lengths need to be brought under control. At 5v5 Scheifele managed to play almost 5 mins more than Lowry while being on the ice for 2 LESS shifts than Lowry. 6 mins more than Names while playing the same number of shifts. This is not just a one off either, 55 is has been around 58 seconds average shift length at 5v5 almost every game, was a 1 min 4 seconds tonight :eek3:

One thing that was good about Wheeler was that he would always be the first guy to change on that top line. That line's average shift length is at a point that it would be considered too long even for a defenseman, let alone a forward.

Edit: For comparison, Crosby's avg shift length was 46 seconds and Malkin 43 seconds, with no Pens over 50 seconds. On the Jets Scheifele was at 64 secs and all of the topline over 50 seconds.
It's been an issue in the past with Schief. Hopefully they nip it in the bud

Can't be effective out there past 50-55 seconds unless he's dogging it a bit

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I'm not sure about you guys (yes it's only 1 game this season in) but I like Fleury better than Stanley as our 6th d-man.
Fleury has been good, but I thought Stanley was good today considering it's his first game. Had a bad shift in the 3rd with a turnover and got away with a dumb trip, but other than that, looked good to me.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
It's been an issue in the past with Schief. Hopefully they nip it in the bud

Can't be effective out there past 50-55 seconds unless he's dogging it a bit
What was his 5v5 shift length? I think he extends on the PP, probably too much, and doesn't make up for it with shorter 5v5 shifts either.

Ad

Ad

Ad