How long before Shero feels the pressure? Fire Shero?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How long until you hold him accountable?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Nothing beats Odeleins pass back to Marty. He patented that pass back to the goalie.
It may be undeserved, but Lyle Blowdelein/Slowdelein/Can'tHoldelein was my most hated our defensemen of all time.

Maybe it's because expectations were fairly high with him. That own-goal he scored when he blind-passed it back to an absent Marty whle on a delayed penalty was the icing on the cake.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Shero f***ed up. There’s no question about it. None of his off-season additions planned out and the goaltending he decided not to address is still pitiful.

Honestly since the Hall trade he hasn’t been very good at bringing in quality help.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Shero ****ed up. There’s no question about it. None of his off-season additions planned out and the goaltending he decided not to address is still pitiful.

Honestly since the Hall trade he hasn’t been very good at bringing in quality help.

this is silly. Where were you this summer criticizing all these moves?

Since the Hall trade, he has acquired Vatanen, Johansson, Subban, and Gusev while giving up nothing of value. He has signed Butcher. He has traded off guys at the deadline for good value. He has drafted Hischier, Boqvist, Bratt, R. Walsh, Talvitie, and Ty Smith.

Are you implying that Shero should he have tried to make a "big splash" in free agency? HAve you seen how some of those free agent contracts have turned out?

haak84

Oct 18, 2017

Since the Hall trade, he has acquired Vatanen, Johansson, Subban, and Gusev while giving up nothing of value. He has signed Butcher. He has traded off guys at the deadline for good value. He has drafted Hischier, Boqvist, Bratt, R. Walsh, Talvitie, and Ty Smith.

Are you implying that Shero should he have tried to make a "big splash" in free agency? HAve you seen how some of those free agent contracts have turned out?

I dunno a 20g 20a 3C is definitely of value and would be much needed on this team.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Vatanen is a better player and has more value than Henrique. That was a great trade. We also have guys who can replace Rico, don’t have that luxury for Vatanen.

Reactions: NJDevs26

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
subtract Vatanen from this team and then look at our defense.

Love him but we don't need Henrique. Especially not at the contract he got.

so he’d be valuable or not? We may not need him but he’d add value to our lineup. I’m not critiquing the trade but rather your statement.

I also think some of those 2nd and 3rd rounders shero gave up will turn into NHL players and have value. It looks like the caps chose a solid NHL D project with the marjo trade.

I think shero has been fine with shaping a roster for the most part. I think his demise is hynes and at this point he’s going down the ship with him.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
so he’d be valuable or not? We may not need him but he’d add value to our lineup. I’m not critiquing the trade but rather your statement.

I also think some of those 2nd and 3rd rounders shero gave up will turn into NHL players and have value. It looks like the caps chose a solid NHL D project with the marjo trade.

I think shero has been fine with shaping a roster for the most part. I think his demise is hynes and at this point he’s going down the ship with him.

oh come on....the odds of 2nd and 3rd rounders becoming consistent NHL players are not very good at all.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
oh come on....the odds of 2nd and 3rd rounders becoming consistent NHL players are not very good at all.

I never said the odds are good. And if you have poor odds per pick then wouldn’t you naturally want more picks to hit? So they have value.

I wouldn’t say shero gave up nothing of value especially considering the underwhelming performances from some of the returns.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
your success in sports is based on your results.. right now shero and hynes are not good period...

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
if every one of the young players aren’t developing at the pace they should be, maybe it’s not on the players

VoidCreature

Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey

I don’t buy this whole notion that I would have to be against Shero’s moves in the summer to say it like I see it in the now. I’m not being paid to be right about personnel decisions, Shero is. I expect him to know more than me and other posters on here.

Vatanen was a good pickup, can’t argue with that. But Subban is a complete joke this year. He’s barely better than someone like Mueller. Gusev has been meh as well. Simmonds has been good at least.

Whatever anyone thought about the moves when they were made, that’s where we’re at right now. Shero went shopping in the summer and came up mostly empty. That’s just a fact.

Reactions: The Joker

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I’m still baffled to this day whenever I see anyone blaming Shero for anything besides holding onto Hynes for too long.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I’m still baffled to this day whenever I see anyone blaming Shero for anything besides holding onto Hynes for too long.
You’re baffled that people blame a shitty hockey team on the person responsible for putting that team together?

I’m baffled that people cite Shero’s draft picks as some big accomplishment while simultaneously acknowledging that they can’t be judged yet. “Here’s a bunch of prospects that have yet to prove they are what they’re advertised to be, proof that Ray has done an outstanding job!”

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I don’t buy this whole notion that I would have to be against Shero’s moves in the summer to say it like I see it in the now. I’m not being paid to be right about personnel decisions, Shero is. I expect him to know more than me and other posters on here.

Vatanen was a good pickup, can’t argue with that. But Subban is a complete joke this year. He’s barely better than someone like Mueller. Gusev has been meh as well. Simmonds has been good at least.

You're not being paid to be right about personnel decisions, but you should at least be able to evaluate the ones that were made. Subban is not 'a complete joke'. Has he contributed offensively, no, not really - still, he's been above water territorially when so many of the Devils are not. The Devils have put him in a bad spot by making his most frequent pairmate also be a right-handed D and while they're getting outscored they're not being outshot - the hope is that that can improve.

Whatever anyone thought about the moves when they were made, that’s where we’re at right now. Shero went shopping in the summer and came up mostly empty. That’s just a fact.

A coaching change may be required to evaluate those moves. On paper, I would still make them all again.

Reactions: Emperoreddy

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

Please tell me which of the moves you wouldn't have made at that time.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

Agreed, that's a super lame line of rebuttal. We're seeing the fruits of the moves now and they aren't pretty.

Reactions: The Joker

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
So why hold onto Hall this long if he wants to tank?

Simple, the trade offers probably aren't very good at the moment. If there was a solid one on the table he'd be gone by now. He's outta here at some point this season.

VoidCreature

Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
You're not being paid to be right about personnel decisions, but you should at least be able to evaluate the ones that were made. Subban is not 'a complete joke'. Has he contributed offensively, no, not really - still, he's been above water territorially when so many of the Devils are not. The Devils have put him in a bad spot by making his most frequent pairmate also be a right-handed D and while they're getting outscored they're not being outshot - the hope is that that can improve.

A coaching change may be required to evaluate those moves. On paper, I would still make them all again.

We acquired Subban to be a difference maker. He’s come in and played himself off the power play on a team with 1 power play point from it’s defense all season. That’s a joke.

He’s the third highest paid defenseman in the league and he’s not even top 100 in defenseman scoring. That’s a joke.

He’s a giant cap dump that we paid assets to acquire.

Please tell me which of the moves you wouldn't have made at that time.

What I would have done is irrelevant. I am not employed by the Devils or any other team. I have no more power over any of this than anyone else on here.

Do you wish to substantively disagree with me that Shero came up empty sans Simmonds this offseason? If so I welcome the discussion. But I have no interest in getting into a shoving match over who recognized what when.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
You’re baffled that people blame a ****ty hockey team on the person responsible for putting that team together?

I’m baffled that people cite Shero’s draft picks as some big accomplishment while simultaneously acknowledging that they can’t be judged yet. “Here’s a bunch of prospects that have yet to prove they are what they’re advertised to be, proof that Ray has done an outstanding job!”

What moves would’ve you done differently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad