TV: House of the Dragon (HBO) - Season 2 - Summer 2024, please use spoil tags where it makes sense

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Aemond is in the Tywin Lannister mold of villain for me where he's an evil bastard but he owns it, he actually gets shit done, and I like him more than I probably should. Cole is just an annoying hypocrite f***boy that somehow keeps failing upwards in life and I want him to die as horribly as possible.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Aemond is in the Tywin Lannister mold of villain for me where he's an evil bastard but he owns it, he actually gets shit done, and I like him more than I probably should. Cole is just an annoying hypocrite f***boy that somehow keeps failing upwards in life and I want him to die as horribly as possible.

I was thinking Tywin initially, but Tywin wouldn't go for the kin slaying and he was a lot more measured. Aemond is like an amalgam of Roose and Ramsay Bolton imo.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I spent all this time waiting for a good dragon fight and now I just want them all to head off to a dragon wildlife preserve where they get all the sheep they want.

I liked initially that they're tying in the ASOIAF stuff but now I'm kind of confused as to what the payoff there is supposed to be? That's like the 4th or 5th episode the legend has been mentioned in. We actually kind of know what happens there. I wonder if they're just struggling to fill time as Fire and Blood was not really the same kind of narrative storytelling that ASOIAF(GoT) was but more of a historical retelling.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I spent all this time waiting for a good dragon fight and now I just want them all to head off to a dragon wildlife preserve where they get all the sheep they want.

I liked initially that they're tying in the ASOIAF stuff but now I'm kind of confused as to what the payoff there is supposed to be? That's like the 4th or 5th episode the legend has been mentioned in. We actually kind of know what happens there. I wonder if they're just struggling to fill time as Fire and Blood was not really the same kind of narrative storytelling that ASOIAF(GoT) was but more of a historical retelling.

Maybe they want to kind of retell the story? Nobody seemed pleased with how it turned out including GRRM

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Okay but why go back in after you already eliminated one dragon and could have possibly escaped?

That really irked me. Seemed like a bit lazy writing. Was just getting on her man for almost dying fighting and then just goes and does that the same episode.

Assuming aegon is just a burn victim now that will only be able to sit there and do nothing like Alicent had wished he would do.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Team Black is going to need like four dragons to take out Vhagar, the BFG of the show.
I was thinking a smaller for agile dragon would have a chace. Vhagar is so massive and clumsy she couldnt keep up with a smaller dragon.

Reactions: Jovavic

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I was thinking a smaller for agile dragon would have a chace. Vhagar is so massive and clumsy she couldnt keep up with a smaller dragon.
The smaller dragon would need to get her a bunch of times to do any damage whereas she only needs one opening to one shot them like in the previous season.

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
The Blacks should’ve had a back-up plan in case Vhaegar shows up. Aemond is still a cocky, inexperienced hot head; just have Rhaenys lure him away from the battle scene somewhere where they could attack him with multiple dragons.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Blacks should’ve had a back-up plan in case Vhaegar shows up. Aemond is still a cocky, inexperienced hot head; just have Rhaenys lure him away from the battle scene somewhere where they could attack him with multiple dragons.
It doesn’t explain your question, but didn’t they say before it that they didn’t want dragons fighting each other?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
It doesn’t explain your question, but didn’t they say before it that they didn’t want dragons fighting each other?
Kind of like the Dreadnoughts staying in port all WWI. Super destructive weapon, but too afraid to lose them in battle.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
So it's one big dragon against a handful smaller dragons now, or am I missing something?

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
So it's one big dragon against a handful smaller dragons now, or am I missing something?
Pretty much, but Vhagar is one big ass dragon. Even Meleys looked small in comparison, and she was by far the biggest dragon the blacks have.
It would probably take 3-4 dragons now with a highly coordinated attack to take it out.

Reactions: TCTC

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Okay but why go back in after you already eliminated one dragon and could have possibly escaped?

That really irked me. Seemed like a bit lazy writing. Was just getting on her man for almost dying fighting and then just goes and does that the same episode.

Assuming aegon is just a burn victim now that will only be able to sit there and do nothing like Alicent had wished he would do.
I mean its pretty straightforward... If they successfully defeat Vhagar, that would essentially end the war entirely before it even really begins.

Sure it was basically a suicide mission, but Rhaenys has been the one this entire time petitioning to avoid the conflict, she knows how much blood will be spilt in the war, she's even the one who says the hard hitting line of the series so far about there being no war so cruel as a war between kin.

If I'm not mistaken, at the start of the dance, the greens only have three dragons. Vhagar with Aemon, Sunfyre with Aegon, and Dreamfyre with Helaena. If Rhaenys eliminates two of them in the very first battle, including Vhagar in particular, that's it for the Greens. They're toast.

She saw an opportunity to basically end the war before it truly even begins, and she went for it.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Pretty much, but Vhagar is one big ass dragon. Even Meleys looked small in comparison, and she was by far the biggest dragon the blacks have.
It would probably take 3-4 dragons now with a highly coordinated attack to take it out.
Caraxes is larger than Meleys, and Vermithor is A LOT bigger than both. They also
have Sheepstealer, who hasn't been introduced yet who is probably as big as Meleys and Caraxes.

Greens also have Dreamfyre who is bigger than both Caraxes and Meleys.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021

Really?

Rhaenys is a very proud lady. You think she's going to run away from a battle that's half done?

Plus, she's a more experienced dragon rider than Aemond. She had been taking it to him before she got blindsided. No reason for her to think she couldn't have won that battle and ended the war before it really happened.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Really?

Rhaenys is a very proud lady. You think she's going to run away from a battle that's half done?

Plus, she's a more experienced dragon rider than Aemond. She had been taking it to him before she got blindsided. No reason for her to think she couldn't have won that battle and ended the war before it really happened.
She had a chance to end the war before it started when she had Aegon's entire line in front of her in the Dragonpit but chose not to kill them. She wasn't going to pass on a second chance at ending the war quickly, especially given she's been the one warning Rhaenyra about how bloody a war fought with dragons would be.

Reactions: JimmyApples

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad