TV: House of the Dragon (HBO) - Season 2 - Summer 2024, please use spoil tags where it makes sense

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The episodes have been great and production really really good.

I don't know if it's just the current state I'm in while watching but I have a super hard time remembering who's who in the show, especially between the 1st and 2nd seasons. OG Game of Thrones had a lot of names to remember as they threw then at you but I felt there were more endearing characters to get behind and their names easier to recall. Still, I am really enjoying this series.

Reactions: gary69

todeskultes

harumph
May 28, 2016
Toronto
That was absolutely wild, shattered my expectations for the Battle of Rook's Rest. Truly gutwrenching too.

Oscar Tully as heir? I assume this means no Kermit or Elmo then, total bummer. I assume they thought that going with the two other Sesame Street characters would be too goofy, plus Elmo was Lord Paramount for like a month if that. Not complaining about Oscar, he was great, but so was his brother... I am starting to get nervous that we may not get Bloody Ben Blackwood which would be sacrilege IMO, haha. Really hoping the Lads do not end up being just the Lad.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada

My literal only gripe is how these Targaryens don't get their hair burned off with so much fire raging around them. I had my grill flare up once after forgetting to clean it and half my left eyebrow only grows back to half length now.

You've got battle scars :laugh::laugh:
I've only ever been burned on my arms, cannot imagine it on the face

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I love while all this is going on, Dameon is trapped in a horror movie
Gayle Rankin as Alys Rivers was another casting get. I liked her in G.L.O.W. and S1 of Perry Mason.

it is an HBO series, when will we see Steven Root?

Aemond’s jawline+nose. My God…
Fitting to have a Hapsburg chin given the Targaryen mating habits.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Pretty great episode, but man I can't wait for Aemond to die, there a more hateable character?

Though now watch him become King and win in the end

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Wow. I can't believe it. We finally got what we were waiting for in this episode.

We actually got a character making a joke and laughing.

Owl lady must be protected at all costs.

• Haha
Reactions: zombie kopitar

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Maybe im just noticing it but has Larys always worn Targaryren red? Maybe its just a coincidence. Thought that scene between him and Alicent was interesting as well. Wonder if something could become of it?

Also found it interesting that we saw the White worm eavesdropping on the council.

Reactions: Rob

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
That was absolutely wild, shattered my expectations for the Battle of Rook's Rest. Truly gutwrenching too.

Oscar Tully as heir? I assume this means no Kermit or Elmo then, total bummer. I assume they thought that going with the two other Sesame Street characters would be too goofy, plus Elmo was Lord Paramount for like a month if that. Not complaining about Oscar, he was great, but so was his brother... I am starting to get nervous that we may not get Bloody Ben Blackwood which would be sacrilege IMO, haha. Really hoping the Lads do not end up being just the Lad.

1/4 the cast of the muppets was ok in the books. I think having just Oscar and Grover in the show is enough. Kermit and Elmo are a bit too *bonk* *bonk* on the head

Reactions: todeskultes

Il Stugotz

Dude Good (good dude)
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
Wow. I can't believe it. We finally got what we were waiting for in this episode.

We actually got a character making a joke and laughing.

Owl lady must be protected at all costs.
I also laughed at:
Aegon's small council scenes, both his Valyrian and when the council immediately restarted their conversation after he stormed out

Grouchy Vhagar laying back down in a huff when she has to wait longer to go fight

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Agreed. The sounds of the dragons is what really sticks with me.
And when Meleys eyes closed as she died it was kind of heartbreaking, they were loyal pets in a way like a fire breathing very big dog.

Assuming that this is still considered a spoiler

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They gonna make Aemond and Criston Cole fight and we gonna have to choose one.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Aemond has some good qualities.

I want Criston Cole to die ugly more than anyone since Ramsay Bolton.
Last week they showed that dude getting eaten by a bird on something while still hanging, and having seen that, I can only hope what they can come up with for Cole.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Last week they showed that dude getting eaten by a bird on something while still hanging, and having seen that, I can only hope what they can come up with for Cole.
If there's one thing GoT properties do well, it's deaths. I have high hopes.

Reactions: GKJ

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
A big difference between HotD and GoT so far is that there really aren't any blatantly evil main characters. Definitely some worse than others, but mostly grey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad